1050 users online (204 members and 846 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ann B. Davis, Alice from the Brady Bunch has died.

http://www.foxsanantonio.com/news/fe...l#.U4uy6ChiG_W

"Alice from 'The Brady Bunch' dies in San Antonio."

RIP Ann B. Davis!!!!

‘Brady Bunch’ actress, Ann B. Davis, dead at 88

Ann B. Davis, the actress who played Alice Nelson, a housekeeper on “The Brady Bunch,” has died on Sunday morning after falling at her San Antonio home, reports say.

Episcopal Bishop William C. Frey, a close friend of Davis, said she she hit her head and suffered a subdural hematoma during a rough fall in a bathroom on Saturday and never woke up, according to CNN.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz33QrnNkrp

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie in Spokane View Post
    Ann B. Davis, the actress who played Alice Nelson, a housekeeper on “The Brady Bunch,” has died on Sunday morning after falling at her San Antonio home, reports say.

Episcopal Bishop William C. Frey, a close friend of Davis, said she she hit her head and suffered a subdural hematoma during a rough fall in a bathroom on Saturday and never woke up, according to CNN.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz33QrnNkrp
    Ooops! 2 threads, I posted at 5:13 and you posted a minute later....

Thanks Tree....I saw your thread right after I clicked save.....tried to delete mine but for some reason I wasn't able to! FYI I alerted my post/thread so a mod should delete mine or combine both soon.

"Alice Nelson"? Whoever knew Alice had a last name in her character on the brady bunch?

Were there any scenes featuring her outside the kitchen in the Brady home? I do remember she dated Al the butcher, and her statement "too much chocolate makes too much Marsha". RIP Ann Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    "Alice Nelson"? Whoever knew Alice had a last name in her character on the brady bunch?

Were there any scenes featuring her outside the kitchen in the Brady home? I do remember she dated Al the butcher, and her statement "too much chocolate makes too much Marsha". RIP Ann Davis.
    http://bradybunch.wikia.com/wiki/Alice_Nelson

So funny, treelights!! That is way more information than I'm willing to read about Alice. I got through something about her character went to the same school the brady kids went to and then . .. why in the blazes am I reading about Alice's character??

Funny, though. Thanks.

Awwww....RIP, Allice.
    She always struck me as a "gentle soul", both on the screen, and off.

So funny, treelights!! That is way more information than I'm willing to read about Alice. I got through something about her character went to the same school the brady kids went to and then . .. why in the blazes am I reading about Alice's character??

Funny, though. Thanks.
    Well, you know how it goes here at Websleuths.....
    You did ask some questions.... well, I guess, one question...
    and you know how we love to look up info!
    Even if it is a plethora of useless information.
    Your post made me smile...

Quote Originally Posted by Treelights View Post
    Well, you know how it goes here at Websleuths.....
    You did ask some questions.... well, I guess, one question...
    and you know how we love to look up info!
    Even if it is a plethora of useless information.
    Your post made me smile...
    I'm so sorry, Treelights, I didn't mean to be rude to you. It was really a cute link. Thank you.

I'm so sorry, Treelights, I didn't mean to be rude to you. It was really a cute link. Thank you.
    I didn't think you were rude to me at all.......

Here's a biography.....

"Emmy Award-winning actress and comedian Ann B. Davis was born on May 3, 1926, in Schenectady, New York. She won Emmys in 1958 and 1959 for her role as "Schultzy" on The Bob Cummings Show, but is best known for her role as the zany but loving housekeeper on the 1970s sitcom The Brady Bunch. Davis retired from show business in 1976 to live in an Episcopal community, now located near San Antonio, Texas. She died at the age of 88 on June 1, 2014."
    http://www.biography.com/people/ann-...oFZcorJPFtUGj7

Awwww.. This news has made me quite sad. You could just tell that she was a kind and beautiful woman, both inside and out.

Rest in peace, Ann. My thoughts are with your friends and family.
    Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all.
    Emily Dickinson

I just saw an old episode where she went with the family to the Grand Canyon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast