747 users online (99 members and 648 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

NY - Kathleen Wilkinson, 65, murdered in her Malta home, 30 May 2014

Authorities were called to the home on Sunday to check on the welfare of 65-year-old Kathleen Wilkinson, who had not been heard from in several days. The responding deputy from the Saratoga County Sheriff's Department was greeted at the door by her husband, who eventually allowed investigators into the residence.

More at http://www.dailygazette.com/news/201...omicide-malta/

Malta, NY. Next town over from me.

Police: Arrest made in Malta homicide

http://www.dailygazette.com/news/201...omicide-malta/

MALTA — Investigators believe a 69-year-old Malta man killed his wife during a physical altercation at their 9 Meadow Rue Place home and then continued to live in the residence over the weekend with her body in the bedroom.
    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

“It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.”

The missing and murdered cannot cry out for Justice. It is the duty for the living to do so for them.

I stand with Standing Rock!

Quote Originally Posted by Tulessa View Post
    Police: Arrest made in Malta homicide

http://www.dailygazette.com/news/201...omicide-malta/

MALTA — Investigators believe a 69-year-old Malta man killed his wife during a physical altercation at their 9 Meadow Rue Place home and then continued to live in the residence over the weekend with her body in the bedroom.
    Thanks for adding. I'm on my kindle and rarely start threads.

Sad.......

abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-cop-killed-wife-spent-days-body-23957918

"... His wife was strangled and asphyxiated, an autopsy determined...."

"...Wilkinson was charged with second-degree murder..."

Terrible way to die. Watching movies and tv I thought strangling was like you just instantly fall asleep with little damage except maybe a mark on your neck. But reading a little more about it (and without being too graphic), it can take a while and can get very gruesome.
    Poor Kathleen.
    I think maybe he should be charged with first degree murder ! It semmed like he had to have thought about it for a bit; and he could have changed his mind while she was still alive.
    MOO

He's a retired police officer.

" A retired police officer strangled his wife during a fight and left her body on the floor of their bedroom for several days in central New York, authorities said on Monday."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0ED1WK20140602

It says they were married for 46 years! That is an awful long time to be married and I wonder how many of those years were spent in misery. For the fight to get that out of hand (he apparently had a black eye and she is dead by strangulation) that tells me the fights have been going on for quite some time and there was plenty of rage and hate in that relationship! He obviously really did not care for her, he just left her lying on the floor where he dropped her for several days. How long was he planning on living with her body like that I wonder?
    Last edited by SMartian; 06-03-2014 at 08:38 AM. Reason: left out a word
    “There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice,
    but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.”― Elie Wiesel

Son and daughter live in Boston area and one of them called the police to make a welfare check as mom hadn't been heard from. I might have to do a drive by of the house.

Quote Originally Posted by LAMARQ View Post
    Son and daughter live in Boston area and one of them called the police to make a welfare check as mom hadn't been heard from. I might have to do a drive by of the house.
    SBM & BBM

Kind of makes one wonder if these fights had been going on for a while and if the kids had called before about their mom ?
    Too bad she couldn't have gone to live with one of them ?
    Of course I do not know the whole story and maybe the husband would have forced the wife to move back ?

"Neighbors spoke highly of the couple and said they weren't aware of any domestic issues, Murphy said.
    There was also no history of prior domestic violence calls to police from the home."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz33chMqYJn

From May 2015:

http://www.timesunion.com/news/artic...in-6278027.php

The 69-year-old Malta man who was a security guard at GlobalFoundries pleaded guilty to first-degree manslaughter in the May 30, 2014, death of his wife, Kathleen Wilkinson, 65.The couple had been married more than 40 years.

He will receive 15 years in state prison in the plea deal...

[H]e killed his wife during an argument over finances. Prosecutors have said a bank was trying to foreclose on their 9 Meadow Rue Place home.