GUILTY WI - 12-Year-Old Girls Stab Friend 19 Times for Slenderman, Waukesha, 31 May 2014 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for posting this. I was just going to till I seen on you all ready have.

I just read about this in today's Detroit News :banghead:

June 2, 2014 at 1:12 pm

12-year-old Wisconsin girls stab friend 19 times

Associated Press

Waukesha, Wis. — Police say two 12-year-old girls lured a friend into some woods in southeastern Wisconsin where one of them held her down as the other stabbed her 19 times.

The 12-year-old victim survived the attack on Saturday in Waukesha and police say her condition is stable...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140602/NATION/306020089#ixzz33VSk3Qwk

the three of them had a slumber party Fri. night.
Pillow fights, braiding each other's hair, then... stabbing?

bad enough that two 12 y/o's thought about this since Dec., made the plan and executed it, but.... the reason?

Killing someone to participate in horror-story website!!!!!

horrific, and who was watching what these 12 year olds were doing online?? Oh yes, I see, nobody. :sigh:

The Slender Man (also known as Slenderman) is a fictional character that originated as an Internet meme created by Something Awful forums user Eric Knudsen (a.k.a "Victor Surge") in 2009. It is depicted as resembling a thin, unnaturally tall man with a blank and usually featureless face, and wearing a black suit. The Slender Man is commonly said to stalk, abduct, or traumatize people, particularly children.[1] The Slender Man is not tied to any particular story, but appears in many disparate works of fiction, mostly composed online.[2] [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slender_Man"]Slender Man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

The Nicolet National Forest covers 664,822 acres (2,690.44 km2) of northeastern Wisconsin. It is located in parts of Forest, Oconto, Florence, Vilas, Langlade, and Oneida counties. Forest headquarters are in Rhinelander. There are local ranger district offices in Eagle River, Florence, Lakewood, and Laona. Bose Lake Hemlock Hardwoods and the Franklin Lake Campground are located in the Nicolet.[6][7] Lying within the Nicolet are three wildernesses—the Blackjack Springs Wilderness, the Headwaters Wilderness, and the Whisker Lake Wilderness. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chequamegon-Nicolet_National_Forest

Something Awful, often abbreviated to SA, is a comedy website housing a variety of content, including blog entries, forums, feature articles, digitally edited pictures, and humorous media reviews. It was created by Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka in 1999 as a largely personal website, but as it grew, so did its contributors and content. Since then, the website has helped to perpetuate various Internet phenomena,[1][2][3] and it has been cited as an influence on Internet culture.[4]

Since the website's creation it has been involved in a number of notable events. These include a conflict with the Spam Prevention Early Warning System, a Hurricane Katrina relief fund being caught in PayPal's red tape, and an exhibition boxing match between Kyanka and movie director Uwe Boll. [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Something_Awful"]Something Awful - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Just wow. So it would seem these 12 year olds were doing a lot of web surfing and became fascinated with the idea of a real slender man who occupied the Nicolete forest.

Much of the fascination with Slender Man is rooted in the overall aura of mystery that he is wrapped in. Despite the fact that it is rumored he kills children almost exclusively, it is difficult to say whether or not his only objective is slaughter.

Often times it is either reported or recorded that he can be found in sections of woods, and these generally tend to be suburban. He also has been reported seen with large groups of children, as many photographs portray. It is commonly thought that he resides in woods and forests and preys on children. He seems unconcerned with being exposed in the daylight or captured in photos. http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/The_Slender_Man

I wonder if anyone ever connected with them online and convinced them they were Slenderman?!

What? Wait! 12yr old girls trying to kill a friend to take part in a horror web site. A fictional character slender man.

The internet has taken the parenting process to a whole new level. Keeping up with what the children are doing on the internet. Especially when there are away from home. Jmo

ciao

That is awful, but I probably do have an unpopular opinion. I don't think they should be charged as adults. Yes it is an awful crime but I just have a hard time with 12 year olds being charged as adults even if the crime is brutal. IMO.

I am torn on the issue of adult charges.

For me, I think it really does vary child to child what their comprehension, culpability for their adult actions, and rehabilitation capabilities are.

My daughter who just turned 13 not long ago, she values all life and if she had committed such a crime I would know, she knew exactly what she was doing in an adult way.

My 10 year old, well, I just don't see him being as empathetic and mature at that same age. Maybe he will prove me wrong. Hope he does. But as of now, he is not nearly where his sister was in that sort of maturity and development as she was at his age.

But to stab someone 19 times? To plot and premeditate?

:sigh:

Like I said torn.

climbing on the ;fence; for each charged girl individually til I know more.

Oh, My, this is really frightening. People are probably sick of me ranting about this same subject, but I am convinced that the constant use of the internet by young kids, has 'desensitized' many of them to violence, fear, immorality, etc. Nothing shocks or scares young kids anymore. They have any and all 'facts' immediately at hand, but ZERO wisdom or knowledge.

Young kids have instant free access to gory games, homemade *advertiser censored* and twisted videos, nonstop, 24/7. That is what is constantly feeding their brain cells. So it somehow 'makes sense', seems 'normal' , to stab another 12 yr old friend.

We used to stay awake as long as possible at sleepovers, because if you fell asleep first, someone would put your fingers or toes in water, to make you wet the bed. That was so horribly frightening it was astounding. Times have sure changed.

I know it varies state by state, but in my state alone you can't even be charged with any crime unless you are 10 years old. I know that isn't a comparison, but at the same time I have yet to meet a 12 year old that is capable of adult decision making, and while the crime was heinous I just cannot find justification to be charged as an adult. IMO. I do think that an issue is that the Juvenile Justice System is known for a slap on the wrist, and maybe that is where our issue lies, and I don't think they should just be given therapy and sent on their way when they turn 18, but at the same time I don't think adult punishment is the way either. It's a hard case, especially since things aren't so black and white.

12year old kids need their internet use monitored! Many young kids today are filled with evil, vile thoughts. We live in such sad times IMOO.
Parents need to raise their kids and stop allowing video games to raise them.

12year old kids need their internet use monitored! Many young kids today are filled with evil, vile thoughts. We live in such sad times IMOO.
Parents need to raise their kids and stop allowing video games to raise them.

Slenderman is/was a fad among that age group. I asked my dd about it since I know she was "into" the story for a while. She said you're only supposed to go crazy and kill people if you see Slenderman - which you don't since he isn't real, obviously. And it's just a scary story -- like any other. She also pointed out that none of her friends who were into it killed anyone.

I know it varies state by state, but in my state alone you can't even be charged with any crime unless you are 10 years old. I know that isn't a comparison, but at the same time I have yet to meet a 12 year old that is capable of adult decision making, and while the crime was heinous I just cannot find justification to be charged as an adult. IMO. I do think that an issue is that the Juvenile Justice System is known for a slap on the wrist, and maybe that is where our issue lies, and I don't think they should just be given therapy and sent on their way when they turn 18, but at the same time I don't think adult punishment is the way either. It's a hard case, especially since things aren't so black and white.

Maybe it was the months of planning that tipped the charges from juvenile to adult. Plenty of time to think no let's not do this. Jmo

ciao

Slenderman is/was a fad among that age group. I asked my dd about it since I know she was "into" the story for a while. She said you're only supposed to go crazy and kill people if you see Slenderman - which you don't since he isn't real, obviously. And it's just a scary story -- like any other. She also pointed out that none of her friends who were into it killed anyone.

:seeya: thanks Karmandy.
My kids are adults so this whole Slenderman thing is new to me.
Please know I don't think all kids are bad....
But some are.

I crocheted a slenderman doll for my daughter, since he was all the rage at the time and a jolly good creepy story (like Bloody Mary meets the X Files). He sits on a shelf in my living room and creeps people out, cutely.

My child's been internet savvy since she was 6, and has been trusted to her own computer time since she was 12 (in increasing increments, as she's earned it by not being an idiot). At 15, she's flying solo and comes to me freely with any and all concerns about stuff she encounters. No need for secrecy, in her world.

Thorough my daughter, I have met MANY kids who never watch TV, it's all computers. None of them are idiots, either.

For two girls to think stabbing ANYONE to death, let alone a friend, is "cool" I would suggest there's some --major-- problems in their broader home life that are more at fault than "the internet". I will bet money that neither have a great home life, and are suffering other kinds of neglect, emotional or otherwise. And probably some long-neglected mental/emotional health issues to boot.

(from the link above)

When asked about Slender Man, Geyser said she had never met him but said he watches her and he can read minds and teleport. Geyser said what she did was "probably wrong."

^ Bingo. Untreated mental issues. The 'mythology' of Slenderman is so out there, I cannot imagine a healthy mind, even at that age, imagining it was real. The other one seems to be in charge/giving orders, despite trying to blame her friend. Both of them sound deeply troubled in general.

The problem with these kids is, if they're tried as minors there's a good chance they'll be out in a few years and old enough to be thrown to the wind. At least if tried as adults, they won't be murdering anyone else's kids for a couple decades.

Just to add: I was reading recently on the phenomena of killing teams, comprised of individuals who on their own would likely never commit a murder but as a team gain the courage to go right ahead. Oil and fire, one cop said, to describe it. In this case, the girls clearly support each other when weakness or fear is perceived.

This is definitely the most detailed accounting of what happened; its based upon the criminal complaint, and its shocking to say the very least.

(*my apologies if I'm posting a duplicate link*)

http://m.jsonline.com/more/news/cri...ths-to-kill-friend-b99282655z1-261534171.html

Thanks for the Link Smooth

I remember when I was a young girl and the adults in my life like mom,dad, and aunts and uncles. I can't remember who said it but I remember this, "That girl has got trouble written all over her." and That they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong