AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Brittney Wood Detectives: wait on forensics results, sources “close to case” talking
By walaletishabushUpdated: Friday, May 30, 2014, 8:10 pm
Published: Friday, May 30, 2014, 2:11 pm

Officer Jeff Corley is one of the investigators in Mobile working on the case. “Ultimately I believe she was murdered. But we are going to have to eventually find her body or have someone come forward as a witness to that,” said Corely.

Corely said people “very close to the case” are cooperating with the Mobile County Sheriff’s Office. He won’t reveal who, but says the interviews are producing leads they are following up on.
Verified Members in the Brittney Wood case
BrittsStepMom is verified as Brittney's stepmother
Zeaux is a verified insider
One90Proof is a verified insider

AL - Brittney Wood 19, Mobile, 5/31/12 Media Links, Timeline, Maps *NO DISCUSSION*

AL - Brittney Wood CASE FACTS ONLY **NO DISCUSSION**

Previous Threads
Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread#12

The reason's I believe Britt didn't know LE was looking to talk to her. At the time she disappeared they had only spoken to DH & WWH about the accusation against DH. LE was not shown the 5/27 FB exchange between victim & Britt until July 2012. Once RSW & DAK were charged June 2012 Wally & I spoke with BC LE via phone as we felt from the beginning Britt missing was connected to DH death. LE informed us they had a list of ppl/family members they were looking to talk with we asked had they spoke with Britt about it. He told us they "were looking to talk to her but had not."

Don't get me wrong I'm sure RSW & the other 10 charged were worried they would be found out. JMO They were hoping it all ended with the dead man!
And as far as certain ppl not being charged with incest don't assume it wasn't a family member. BCSO didn't add incest to some of the accused until they were indicted. I'm not saying I know the names of all the victims involved as I don't, but I know a couple of names and they are their relatives.

The reason's I believe Britt didn't know LE was looking to talk to her. At the time she disappeared they had only spoken to DH & WWH about the accusation against DH. LE was not shown the 5/27 FB exchange between victim & Britt until July 2012. Once RSW & DAK were charged June 2012 Wally & I spoke with BC LE via phone as we felt from the beginning Britt missing was connected to DH death. LE informed us they had a list of ppl/family members they were looking to talk with we asked had they spoke with Britt about it. He told us they "were looking to talk to her but had not."

Don't get me wrong I'm sure RSW & the other 10 charged were worried they would be found out. JMO They were hoping it all ended with the dead man!
And as far as certain ppl not being charged with incest don't assume it wasn't a family member. BCSO didn't add incest to some of the accused until they were indicted. I'm not saying I know the names of all the victims involved as I don't, but I know a couple of names and they are their relatives.

This makes me wonder about the visit the Det. had with WWH on 5/30. I am curious what was discussed. Why the visit? Was there something said during their conversation that set the ominous wheels in motion?

Steph, if you know, can you elaborate on why the Det. went to see WWH?

This makes me wonder about the visit the Det. had with WWH on 5/30. I am curious what was discussed. Why the visit? Was there something said during their conversation that set the ominous wheels in motion?

He (detec) never told me as to why he was there and I'm not sure I asked.

We know that a minor child had already been removed from their home. Wasn't there a mention that Wendy continued to have contact with the minor when told not to?

Or are you thinking something else might be going on?

We need KateB's handy reference chart on the new page. TIA

I still can't figure out the whole vehicle thing. Is the feeling that it's most likely the vehicle DH was shot in? I wouldn't have thought it would be hard to track down. Curious for Steph or any others if they happen to notice any of the players missing a vehicle as of late?

I still can't figure out the whole vehicle thing. Is the feeling that it's most likely the vehicle DH was shot in? I wouldn't have thought it would be hard to track down. Curious for Steph or any others if they happen to notice any of the players missing a vehicle as of late?

No, but idk where most of them moved to prior to most recent arrest and you have a few that live in BC and some I never knew what they drove.

SUMMARY OF SUSPECTS ARRESTS
Name DOB relationship to Brittney 1st arrest 2nd arrest 3rd arrest Sweep Jurisdiction
Holland, Donnie 2/12/1968 Uncle by marriage (WWH) deceased via alleged suicide
Kent, Dustin 05/27/1976 Uncle by marriage (MWK) 06/19/12 07/16/12 08/02/12 10/22/13 *advertiser censored* Both
Wood, Randall Scott 12/1/1969 Uncle 06/19/12 10/22/13 Both
Wood, Derek 5/26/1991 Brother 07/13/12 Baldwin
Holland Jr, Donald Paul 12/20/1991 Step-cousin (DH's son not by WWH) 07/17/12 Baldwin
Brownlee, William 3/19/1964 family friend 07/22/12 10/22/13 Both
Holland, Wendy Wood 8/15/1979 Aunt 08/22/12 11/29/12 10/22/13 Both
Wood, Chessie Mother 06/27/13 10/22/2013*traffic Mobile
Morgan, Butch 8/3/1966 family friend (aka truckdriver) 10/22/13*warrant Mobile
Cumbaa, James 11/17/1980 family friend 10/22/13 Mobile
Kent, Mendy Wood 8/15/1979 Aunt 10/22/13 Mobile
Moore, Jennifer 5/14/1981 family friend (WWH's BFF) 11/04/13 *advertiser censored* Baldwin

Bold, Italics is potential life sentence. Bond violation arrests excluded.

Source: Timeline Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood 19, Mobile, 5/31/12 Media Links, Timeline, Maps *NO DISCUSSION*
Source: reedus23 legal data Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood 19, Mobile, 5/31/12 Media Links, Timeline, Maps *NO DISCUSSION*
*Mendy & Wendy 10/22/2013 charges reduced to 2nd degree noted in table.

This one is back in date of first arrest chronological order.

We know that a minor child had already been removed from their home. Wasn't there a mention that Wendy continued to have contact with the minor when told not to?

IIRC, the no contact order wasn't put on Wendy until after one of her arrests in August or November. The early investigation into Donald was against Donald only, is the impression I got, but I not sure why I thought that.

Here's where Wendy's attempted contact was mentioned after her arrest.
Baldwin prosecutor asks judge to reinstate suspect's $200,000 bond
http://blog.al.com/live/2013/06/baldwin_prosecutor_asks_judge.html
June 21, 2013 at 10:41 AM, updated June 21, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Heinz reiterated points she made during Thursday's hearing in the motion, including what she told the judge about Holland reaching out to the victim.

"The state further pointed out that there had been attempted contact made by Wendy Holland to the child victim through her caregiver," Heinz wrote. "The state expressed concerns that if allowed out on bond that the defendant would attempt further contact with the victim."

When Bishop made his decision on Holland's bond Thursday, he also ordered her not to contact the victim or the victim's family. Holland also was ordered not to have any contact with any children under the age of 18.

I just realized that I may have had dealings with Butch Morgan before, many years ago.

Can anyone give me more info on him, especially previous addresses(other than the Langham Place and the San Marino, Theodore addresses?
What type trucking he did? Ever own livestock?

I need to vett that info against my info to verify it is the same guy.

I just realized that I may have had dealings with Butch Morgan before, many years ago.

Can anyone give me more info on him, especially previous addresses(other than the Langham Place and the San Marino, Theodore addresses?

There's info about him in following article, HTH:

10/23/13: Brittney Wood family friend wanted in Mobile County sex abuse investigation
http://blog.al.com/live/2013/10/brittney_wood_family_friend_wa.html

His parents are the topic in this book. She is still alive & active on Chessie's social media stream. See the parking lot thread.

http://www.amazon.com/My-Mothers-Witness-Peggy-Morgan/product-reviews/1579660428

He certainly looks like an older version of the one I am aware of, only older and heavier.

If anyone local has more info that may help me verify this guy, I will then pursue it with MCSO. I am looking for a particular previous area where he lived and other personal info like that. If he is the same guy, I may know his old circle of friends.

SUMMARY OF SUSPECTS ARRESTS
Name DOB relationship to Brittney 1st arrest 2nd arrest 3rd arrest Sweep Jurisdiction
Holland, Donnie 2/12/1968 Uncle by marriage (WWH) deceased via alleged suicide
Kent, Dustin 05/27/1976 Uncle by marriage (MWK) 06/19/12 07/16/12 08/02/12 10/22/13 *advertiser censored* Both
Wood, Randall Scott 12/1/1969 Uncle 06/19/12 10/22/13 Both
Wood, Derek 5/26/1991 Brother 07/13/12 Baldwin
Holland Jr, Donald Paul 12/20/1991 Step-cousin (DH's son not by WWH) 07/17/12 Baldwin
Brownlee, William 3/19/1964 family friend 07/22/12 10/22/13 Both
Holland, Wendy Wood 8/15/1979 Aunt 08/22/12 11/29/12 10/22/13 Both
Wood, Chessie Mother 06/27/13 10/22/2013*traffic Mobile
Morgan, Butch 8/3/1966 family friend (aka truckdriver) 10/22/13*warrant Mobile
Cumbaa, James 11/17/1980 family friend 10/22/13 Mobile
Kent, Mendy Wood 8/15/1979 Aunt 10/22/13 Mobile
Moore, Jennifer 5/14/1981 family friend (WWH's BFF) 11/04/13 *advertiser censored* Baldwin
Bold, Italics is potential life sentence. Bond violation arrests excluded.

Source: Timeline Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood 19, Mobile, 5/31/12 Media Links, Timeline, Maps *NO DISCUSSION*
Source: reedus23 legal data Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood 19, Mobile, 5/31/12 Media Links, Timeline, Maps *NO DISCUSSION*
*Mendy & Wendy 10/22/2013 charges reduced to 2nd degree noted in table.

This one is back in date of first arrest chronological order.

That is a wonderful chart. Thanks so much for putting that together. Do we know which, if any, of the cases are going to be tried together?

Something else. I am interested in what brought on the detectives visit. I'm wondering if something new was brought to WWH's attention during their visit. The timing of the FB messages, the Det visit, DH's meeting and Brittney vanishing is concerning. FB message 5/27, Det. visit 5/30, Britt allegedly last seen 5/30 and DH to meet w/ investigators 6/1. Steph shared LE did not know about the FB messages until July, but maybe the victim shared this info with LE between 5/27 and 5/30. The abuse, not the FB messaging with Britt. Is it possible the Det was following up with WWH on this information? Maybe something the Det said caused WWH or DH to question Brittney that night? Question her about what she knew or what she would do if contacted by LE? WWH sure wanted to get into Brittney's Facebook and cellphone. Chessie did nothing to stop her. I don't know, I just get the feeling the Det visit may have sparked something in ALL of them. I don't think the Det stopped by to make sure WWH and DH were following the stipulations regarding the children, usually CPS would be responsible.

Something else. I am interested in what brought on the detectives visit. I'm wondering if something new was brought to WWH's attention during their visit. The timing of the FB messages, the Det visit, DH's meeting and Brittney vanishing is concerning. FB message 5/27, Det. visit 5/30, Britt allegedly last seen 5/30 and DH to meet w/ investigators 6/1. Steph shared LE did not know about the FB messages until July, but maybe the victim shared this info with LE between 5/27 and 5/30. The abuse, not the FB messaging with Britt. Is it possible the Det was following up with WWH on this information? Maybe something the Det said caused WWH or DH to question Brittney that night? Question her about what she knew or what she would do if contacted by LE? WWH sure wanted to get into Brittney's Facebook and cellphone. Chessie did nothing to stop her. I don't know, I just get the feeling the Det visit may have sparked something in ALL of them. I don't think the Det stopped by to make sure WWH and DH were following the stipulations regarding the children, usually CPS would be responsible.

And this is my theory. Brittney and DH would have been arriving at the Styx River house around the same time the Dect would have been leaving WWH's house. I feel safe in assuming WWH called her husband, DH, to tell him of her meeting with LE. This is the reason I believe WWH knew Brittney was at Styx, then to firmly state Brittney was not there. I so wish LE was still able to get the cell pings from Wendy, Dustin, Mendy, and the trucker.

At the time of Brittney disappearance the child was not removed from the home DH was removed that's why he was at the Styx house and that's why Wendy and the boys stayed at the Styx house the following night 5/31 Thurs.

At the time of Brittney disappearance the child was not removed from the home DH was removed that's why he was at the Styx house and that's why Wendy and the boys stayed at the Styx house the following night 5/31 Thurs.

Thanks Steph. I was going on what was on Wendy's facebook at the time, that her oldest child was out of the home and also when she was arrested, only two children were removed from the home. There are three kids, right? Goodness knows I could be confused on dates again. :blushing:

August 22, 2012
"Her two grade-school-age children were turned over to the Department of Human Resources on Wednesday, he said."

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/08/sex-abuse_investigation_nets_f.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member