TX TX - Wharton Co, US 59, AsianMale 20-30, UP4183, hit by car, clothes, Sz 10 Trax shoes, Apr'87

Houston Mom

Reaction score
This young Asian male was struck by a vehicle and killed on April 10,1987 on US 59 in Wharton County Texas . He is described as being 5'7" and weighing 173 pounds. Estimated to be 20-30 years old, he had black hair and brown eyes.

He had fillings in his molars, but no other scars or tattoos. His clothes were described as a brown plaid western shirt from JC Penny, jeans and Trax shoes.

Warning morgue photos

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4183

I was having a look around, how about https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/17650/1 Raymond Kung?

The only photo available isn't terribly good, and different angle, but the nose and ears look similar from what I can see. No DNA for either, but there is dental for both. According to http://doenetwork.org/cases/906dmca.html , the dentals for Kung are x-rays, which indicates to me that he had at least some kind of dental work in his life. Age also fit, Raymond Kung would have been 30 in 1987.

Height matches very well:

UID: 67", Kung 68"

Raymond went missing in 1981 from home in San Francisco. NO information about him at all anywhere, so at least there is nothing to rule out that he had left home and was still alive in 1987.

With the UID, the fact that he was walking as a pedestrian on a clearly non-pedestrian street makes me wonder if he was hitchhiking. He had nothing with him it seems, but he might have been hitching back from Wharton to wherever he was staying locally? I don't know.

I was having a look around, how about https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/17650/1 Raymond Kung?

The only photo available isn't terribly good, and different angle, but the nose and ears look similar from what I can see. No DNA for either, but there is dental for both. According to http://doenetwork.org/cases/906dmca.html , the dentals for Kung are x-rays, which indicates to me that he had at least some kind of dental work in his life. Age also fit, Raymond Kung would have been 30 in 1987.

Height matches very well:

UID: 67", Kung 68"

Raymond went missing in 1981 from home in San Francisco. NO information about him at all anywhere, so at least there is nothing to rule out that he had left home and was still alive in 1987.

With the UID, the fact that he was walking as a pedestrian on a clearly non-pedestrian street makes me wonder if he was hitchhiking. He had nothing with him it seems, but he might have been hitching back from Wharton to wherever he was staying locally? I don't know.

Ears, eyebrows and chin are similar. Nose is questionable due to post mortem changes. Here is the collage. Warning post mortem picture

Attachments

• KUNG COLLAGE.jpg
    KUNG COLLAGE.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 99
Does anyone else feel comfortable with sending this through? I'm in the UK so calling isn't easy, and I can never find email addresses.

Glad they checked him.

I always have mixed feelings when there's a new name on the ruleouts list. I'm disappointed this guy doesn't have his name back, but I'm glad there's still a chance Kung will be found alive and well somewhere.

Glad they checked him.

I always have mixed feelings when there's a new name on the ruleouts list. I'm disappointed this guy doesn't have his name back, but I'm glad there's still a chance Kung will be found alive and well somewhere.

Kung is still the only ruleout.

Still no other additions in Namus that look highly probable.

Anh Quach left Oakland, CA on the morning of March 18, 1987 to get coffee. His car was later found at the Golden Gate Bridge. Did he jump or walk away to start a new life then ended up in TX? All physical descriptors match this JD who was found less than a month after Anh's disappearance. Clothing doesn't match, but if he walked away it'd be safe to assume he changed into different clothes. Given a man JD's size I find it odd that he'd be comfortable wearing a size 14-15 boys shirt.:confused:
ETA - :oops: Ooops, I overlooked that age is off; Anh was 34 when he disappeared.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) (no photo)

Last edited:
Anh Quach left Oakland, CA on the morning of March 18, 1987 to get coffee. His car was later found at the Golden Gate Bridge. Did he jump or walk away to start a new life then ended up in TX? All physical descriptors match this JD who was found less than a month after Anh's disappearance. Clothing doesn't match, but if he walked away it'd be safe to assume he changed into different clothes. Given a man JD's size I find it odd that he'd be comfortable wearing a size 14-15 boys shirt.:confused:
ETA - :oops: Ooops, I overlooked that age is off; Anh was 34 when he disappeared.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) (no photo)
I’m always suspicious of MP whose vehicles were found on or near the GGB. I don’t know why. Could indicate one of two very different scenarios. But I don’t think 4 years is worth automatically excluding him. Everything else matches almost exactly.

There are a lot of young Asian males who went missing and where the car was found at the GGB. Kind of strange.

777DMCA - Ka Hung Chiu Height is off (5'11"), 22 yrs
Name: Ka Hung Chiu
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: May 15, 1986
Location Last Seen: San Francisco, San Francisco County, California
His vehicle was found on the Golden Gate Bridge.
KChiu.jpg

583DMCA - Anthony P. Lee Height is off (5'10") 24 yrs
Name: Anthony P. Lee
Missing Since: June 10, 1986
Location Last Seen: Fremont, Alameda County, California
Lee was depressed and suicidal at the time of his disappearance. Lee's vehicle and wallet were discovered near the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco shortly after his disappearance.
ALee.jpg

889DMCA - Nam Sarg Hy Height is off (5'2") 29 yrs
Name: Nam Sarg Hy
Missing Since: October 17, 1986
Location Last Seen: Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California
Has memory loss, Has had brain surgery and can't speak at all.
NHy.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong