750 users online (124 members and 626 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

AZ - Eric Stapleton, 58, Quartzsite, 18 May 2014

Eric Stapleton

Man missing from Quartzsite

All of Stapleton's belongings, including his cell phone and vehicle are still at his home and his front door was left wide open, police said.
    http://www.kpho.com/story/25685979/m...from-quartzite
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Still missing.

http://www.parkerpioneer.net/article...b144385647.txt

A $500 reward is being offered for information leading to Stapletonís whereabouts. Persons with any information regarding this matter are asked to call Officer Conley or Officer Tanakeyowma at the Quartzsite Police Department at 928-927-4644.

The first article says he's partially disabled. What could have happened to him?
    All posts from me are MY OPINION ONLY

I am Eric's niece and we still have no answers or clues about his disappearance. I have registered him with Namus and frequently post on the news sites in Arizona. I did an interview at www.unsolved.com about Eric and keep regular contact with Quartzsite PD. I have even made a Facebook page Find Eric Stapleton but it has done no good. What more can I do to help find Eric? The computer records, phone records, and bank records have been no help. People have taken lie detector tests and been found truthful. We literally have nothing to go on. I'm not expecting to find Eric alive as I know he wouldn't have just left but I would like to bring him home. I keep thinking that someone has to know something.

Well we know he didn't walk away on his own. He couldn't have walked much more than a block on his own because he couldn't walk well.

Was there any suspected reason why he would have left? Family troubles, money troubles, depression, problems at work? Where did Eric work?

Eric isn't married and his child is grown (and getting married in a few weeks). He never had to answer to anyone. If he had wanted to move or make a change, he would have just done it but he definitely would have taken his car, phone, computer, and money. He is partially disabled so he got a small disability check for that and he worked at Family Dollar part time. He definitely didn't make enough money to save any back to make a "secret" getaway and there has been no activity in his bank account. He didn't have credit cards. He was not having any problems at work and everyone liked him. I think Eric always had money problems and he could have been depressed although he left no indication of that. Even if Eric had been depressed enough to harm himself, where is his body? He didn't drive anywhere, his vehicle was left at home, and we know he couldn't have walked very far. The residents of Quartzsite have conducted many searches near his home and out in the desert that have turned up nothing. Someone had to have picked him up. I just keep thinking about that 90 square miles of desert down there. Someone has to know something. How can someone just disappear?

Reward increased to $1500

The reward for information leading to the whereabouts of Eric Stapleton has been increased to $1500. Someone has to know something that will help us bring Eric home.

Remains found near Quartzsite identified as Eric Stapleton

http://desertmessenger.blogspot.in/2...uartzsite.html
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

my friend was in Quartsite Arizona several days ago hiking and she and her hubby found a skull and bones, it was identified as Eric Stapleton

http://desertmessenger.blogspot.com/...zsite.html?m=1

Your friends discovered Eric? Can you tell me about where he was found? He was so close to his home (2.5 miles) but not discovered for 8 months. Why was he not found earlier? Was the area very remote or was he hidden somehow? They had a helicopter up the first day and they never saw him. Can you tell me a little about where they found him and what the surrounding area was like?