1053 users online (234 members and 819 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation 6th Baby Dies While Using Nap Nanny

A sixth baby has died using the Nap Nanny, the recliner for babies that made national headlines in 2012 after five babies died while using versions of the product.

http://www.boston.com/business/news/...z9M/story.html

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

I'm not blaming the parents but why would you strap a baby in that and put them in the crib? Especially an 8 month old! They're big enough to get around. Not blaming, trying to wrap my head around an 8 mo old in something that looks like a newborn seat.

And yet, I keep seeing this death trap device show up on Pinterest.....

ETA: She was trapped between the seat and CRIB BUMPERS!! (Another item linked to infant deaths)
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

The nap nanny was supposed to have been for floor use only. Not to be put into a crib.
    Just my opinion

That's what mother's arms are for.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

In the incident reports received by CPSC, there were 92 reports of infants hanging or falling over the side of the products, including some infants who were restrained in the product’s harness.

http://www.napnanny.com
    JMHOO

Chemo a day keeps the funeral away
    ET go home

Why restrain a baby sleeping?No need if the baby is in a crib.

Quote Originally Posted by they'll get you View Post
    In the incident reports received by CPSC, there were 92 reports of infants hanging or falling over the side of the products, including some infants who were restrained in the product’s harness.

http://www.napnanny.com

I don't understand why this happened. It looks harmless enough. Like any seat for a very young infant. Were the children who died older infants who were more mobile that could sit up and get around? If so, then why were parents putting them in this? Most older babies I know of would throw a fit if you tried to restrain them in a seat like this. I'm really curious.

Quote Originally Posted by killarney rose View Post
    I don't understand why this happened. It looks harmless enough. Like any seat for a very young infant. Were the children who died older infants who were more mobile that could sit up and get around? If so, then why were parents putting them in this? Most older babies I know of would throw a fit if you tried to restrain them in a seat like this. I'm really curious.
    Proper use for nap nanny is to put it on the floor. I think most infants died when nap nanny was put into crib. Infants then managed to get their heads stuck between the nap nanny and the crib, suffocating as a result.
    Just my opinion

Older babies move around more, and must tip themselves out of the thing. They should be recalled and banned, imo. Two of my grandkids walked at 9 mos and tried to get out of carseats at 5 months old, so some of them are more mobile earlier. It would be better to just lay them on the floor on a pallet if they're asleep and afraid of waking them.

6th Baby Dies While Using Nap Nanny

Just as a frame of reference, my son was born a preemie with severe reflux. There was a very real danger of him refluxing in his sleep and aspirating. I had been recommended this particular item many times by fellow preemie moms and friends to help with the reflux at night. This may have been the reason some parents were using it, even with older babies. I never ended up purchasing, instead spending many sleepless nights sitting in the chair with him on my chest or with him in his travel swing next to the sofa. I feel for the mamas who've lost their children.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Hogansmama View Post
    Just as a frame of reference, my son was born a preemie with severe reflux. There was a very real danger of him refluxing in his sleep and aspirating. I had been recommended this particular item many times by fellow preemie moms and friends to help with the reflux at night. This may have been the reason some parents were using it, even with older babies. I never ended up purchasing, instead spending many sleepless nights sitting in the chair with him on my chest or with him in his travel swing next to the sofa. I feel for the mamas who've lost their children.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I feel for you since my daughter has/had chronic GERD. She slept with me when she was a baby until she was 9 mo old- when we finally got her diagnosed and on Prevacid, although I worried about smothering her. My pediatrician at the time accused me of Munchasen's because she didn't witness her refluxing at 3a.m.- even with a barium swallow xray!, but I finally got a referral to a pediatric GI who believed me.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

They would be better off in a car seat. Or a swing, or a pillow under the mattress at one end to make it propped up a little.

These things are dangerous and have been recalled because babies have died. Why people are still using them is beyond me.
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

All my posts are my opinion only.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettScarpetta View Post
    They would be better off in a car seat. Or a swing, or a pillow under the mattress at one end to make it propped up a little.

These things are dangerous and have been recalled because babies have died. Why people are still using them is beyond me.
    I wonder if they got it from someone and had no idea it had been recalled?
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

How devastating. These poor parents. I couldn't imagine losing imagine.

I'm thinking they had no idea these were recalled. There are a ton of things recalled for babies that I had no idea about till I want and googled some of the stuff.

I could see how parents would use this. It was a fear of mine when my son was a new born and before he could roll over that he would throw up well I was sleeping and chock. I never used anything tho the doctors said its best to swaddle and place them on their backs flat so that's what I did.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast