Man drives hundreds of miles with corpse in car

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Michigan man drives hundreds of miles from southwest US with girlfriend's corpse in passenger seat

Police say duo left Phoenix area Sunday after woman checked out of mental health facility

Author: Shawn Ley, Local 4 Reporter, @ShawnLeyLive, sley@wdiv.com

Published On: Jun 04 2014 01:51:51 PM EDT Updated 40 m

WARREN, Mich. -
A Detroit-area man driving back to Michigan from Arizona failed to report a woman with him had died and completed the trip with her corpse.

Ray Tomlinson's 93-year-old mother also was in the van. The trio left the Phoenix area Sunday after the woman, who was Tomlinson's girlfriend, checked out of a mental health facility. As they drove Monday through the southwest U.S., the 62-year-old Clinton Township man discovered the 31-year-old Roseville woman's body was cold.

"I went like this, you know, nudged her, at this point in time she was stiff," said Tomlinson. "There wasn't jerking or moans or groans, or cries for help, she just fell asleep." ...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ith-friends-corpse-in-passenger-seat/26327176

This reminded me of the Vacation movie with Aunt Edna on top of the car.

At least this lady passed in her sleep. Tomlinson never stopped and never called for help. Instead, he looked up on his phone what to do with a corpse. He learned he apparently had 48 hours to get her to a morgue. He said he was planning to take her to the Macomb County Morgue.

"I can just take her to the Macomb County Morgue, that was my plan," he said.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ith-friends-corpse-in-passenger-seat/26327176

June 4, 2014 at 5:27 pm

Girlfriend dies during drive from Arizona to Warren; man refuses to halt trip

Tom Greenwood and Candice Williams/The Detroit News

It wasn’t like the death of Aunt Edna in the movie “Vacation,” but it was close.

Police interviewed this week a Clinton Township man who drove from Arizona to Michigan with a dead woman sitting in the front seat of his 2004 Ford cargo van.

Charges aren’t likely to be filed against the 62-year-old man who refused to stop after his 31-year-old girlfriend died from a likely overdose early in the 27-hour trip, said Warren Police Commissioner Jere Green.

“Is it criminal or is it plain old stupidity?” Green said...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140604/METRO03/306040113#ixzz33i2Mo200

June 5, 2014 at 8:26 pm

Clinton Twp. man who drove home with dead girlfriend won't face charges

Mark Hicks/The Detroit News

Warren police said they will not pursue criminal charges against a Clinton Township man who drove from Arizona to Michigan with a dead passenger in his van.

After investigating, “we are satisfied that there have been no elements that would equate to any type of crime that was committed,”said Warren Police Deputy Commissioner Louis Galasso on Thursday. “What he did was very unorthodox, without a question, but as far as a crime, there simply was not one. ... At this juncture we are closing our case.”

Ray Tomlinson, 62, didn’t halt his road trip home with his 92-year-old mother after he found his 31-year-old girlfriend dead in the passenger seat. She is believed to have died from an overdose early in the 27-hour journey, police said. He told authorities he didn’t want to report the death during the trek home out of fear he’d face jail, leaving his mother without help...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140605/METRO03/306050119#ixzz33rGv582f

I'd like to know what kind of drugs she OD'ed on and where they came from? Were they from the hospital? Or bought illegally?

I'd like to know what kind of drugs she OD'ed on and where they came from? Were they from the hospital? Or bought illegally?
One of the articles said Oxycodone. Bizarre!!!:scared:

http://www.macombdaily.com/general-news/20140607/warren-police-identify-dead-woman-who-rode-in-vehicle

Warren police have identified a 31-year-old Roseville woman who died while riding in a vehicle being driven by boyfriend from Arizona to Warren.

Christine Gilbert, formerly of New Jersey, died of a suspected prescription drug overdose in a 2004 Ford Econoline van driven by Ray Tomlinson, 62, of Clinton Township, after Tomlinson left his Sun City, Ariz., home late last Sunday, police said. Gilbert had been sleeping in the front passenger seat when Tomlinson realized she was dead at about 5 a.m. Monday...

Inside the van, police recovered an empty bottle for a 30-count prescription of OxyContin issued to the deceased woman on May 22. It appears she may have consumed pills when the trio stopped at a gas station in Flagstaff, Ariz.

Why does this remind me of Weekend At Bernie's? :crazy:

Weekend_at_Bernies.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member