britgirl's theory

Holdontoyourhat

Former Member
Reaction score
britgirl said:
My theory is that an intruder- or possibly two intruders- had gained entry to the house via the broken basement window, having targeted JonBenet after seeing her perform in the kiddie pageant world. While waiting for the Ramseys to return home the ransom note was written almost as an afterthought, using Ramsey-owned pen and paper, perhaps to confuse the police. JonBenet was removed from her bed and silenced using a stun gun. In the basement she was tortured and killed.
This theory is well supported by the evidence. There's a lot to be said for this approach.

While its very possible that JBR was spotted by a perp or co-perp at a beauty pageant, unfortunately predator-killer perps spot their victims at all kinds of venues. IOW, if JBR was spotted at a pageant, it was incidental. Pageants should be just as safe for kids as tae-kwan-do or any other activity.

IMO there was likely pre-planning, or 'casing' that took place ahead of time. The perp(s) may have even developed "key access" to the home. A burglary prior to Dec 25 could have occurred without a trace. I'm not sure perps with this type of plan are going to rely on a window or a suitcase.

The interpretation of the RN as intending to confuse the police is IMO the best interpretation yet. It stalled finding JBR. It also teased the police. The author hints at an identity (small foreign faction) hints again (...not the country that it serves), hints at a motive (we don't like fat cats), and hints at a repeat performance (...so killing wont be difficult). IMO this RN author has done this sort of thing before.

Its possible that the hint of a repeat performance places the perp(s) in a serial killer category.

While the whole purpose of the crime is not yet known, I think this theory best explains the available facts.

If it was a serial killer.....why hasnt the same thing happened again in 8 1/2 years?

narlacat said:
If it was a serial killer.....why hasnt the same thing happened again in 8 1/2 years?
Whether or not anything else has happened depends on your definition of 'same thing'. Does the perp have to kill in the US, and leave a fake ransom note?

Or do you mean any kidnap, assault, and murder of a child matching JBR's profile, worldwide?

There are roughly 193 countries in the world, each with their own murders, each with their own missing persons. So who knows? Maybe it has happened again.

Its possible that this is a serial killer who used status as an excuse, or ulterior motive. The real motive was possibly more typical of serial killers: the victim profile and the crime itself.

HOTYH,
Yep, I've always wanted this explained! Perhaps RNW (maketoast original) can explain it for us. Please Robert (Nick), jump in !

Subject: New JBR image page http://www.mindspring.com/~dshadow/
Date: 1997/03/31
Message-ID: <333f6047.21307069@news.wp-lag.mindspring.com>#1/1
X-Deja-AN: 229594909
Sender: Robert W.C.
X-Server-Date: 31 Mar 1997 07:01:06 GMT
Organization: Access Graphics
Reply-To: madcir...@englandmail.com
Newsgroups: alt.true-crime

http://www.mindspring.com/~dshadow/

and another...

Date: 1997/05/11
Subject: Re: JBR: Patsy Did It/Skin Under JBR's Fingernails
Reply to Author | Forward | Print | View Thread | Show original | Report Abuse

>Halle 8 wrote:
> Since JonBenét had just received a new bike for Christmas, I think there
> is a good chance that the skin under her fingernails may have come from
> John while learning how to ride it.

This may be pointless, but JonBenét already had a bicycle before
Christmas. I'm guessing she would have already known how to ride
one. There is a picture on my website of JonBenét on her bicycle
for a contest in Michigan, but it still had training wheels on it at
the time. You can view this picture along with over 100 others
related to this case at:

http://www.mindspring.com/~dsh*adow

Cheers! - Robert (MakeToast

Questioin, why the madcircle England connection, why the "organization" Access Graphics?

The broken basement window was hidden from the outside. There was no way an intruder would've known it was already broken and that would be the best place to enter.

Even after John said the house was locked up, he then changed his mind. I understand there were Christmas light cords going from the outside to the inside of the house for plug-in...leaving unlocked windows.

If someone were to break in while the Ramseys were away, then there were other entries that were more exposed to the outside.

An intruder just happening to find a grating that went into the basement and -WOW - the window was already broken for easy access is too convenient.

If JonBenet were targeted by a pedophile and taken from her bed, why wasn't she taken from the house? Why wasn't there aggressive sexual assault? Why wasn't her body then dumped?

If it was a serial killer - serial means a "series" - where's the series of torture/murder with the same m.o.?

Any theory must incorporate the pineapple JonBenet ate. It is hard evidence in this case -

As someone posted already above, we don't know for sure that this has never happened before or since JonBenet. Could have happened in foreign countries.

"We don't know the purpose of this murder" has also been said. We can't even imagine a purpose for it, which might make everything we do know fall into place.

AbigailCrane said:
Today should be known as gang up on Nick day.

My question to Nick boy

Why was www.mindspring.com/~dshadow used as a hacking site before JonBenet's murder?

http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.2...g.com/~dshadow/&rnum=1&hl=en#793c8a53de6214ed

Why does your hacking pal Legion write fan fiction stories with wording similar to the ransom note?

http://web.textfiles.com/ezines/ENTROPY/entropy01.txt

It is just a coincidence ,isn't it, the last name of John's "woman" and Nicks being the same, I suspect? I don't want to put him in a bad light,however I really want to know why Access graphics was the organization he used that early on, and who was the England addy set up for reply?
...okay..off I go to read the fiction ..to see if I see what you see..

"The broken basement window was hidden from the outside. There was no way an intruder would've known it was already broken and that would be the best place to enter."
- good point, unless of course it was someone who already had been in the house and knew the basement very well.

Even after John said the house was locked up, he then changed his mind. I understand there were Christmas light cords going from the outside to the inside of the house for plug-in...leaving unlocked windows.
- Unlocked windows for light plug-ins - is this true? News to me.

I do agree, I think the perp had some previous knowledge of the broken window.

sissi said:
It is just a coincidence ,isn't it, the last name of John's "woman" and Nicks being the same, I suspect? I don't want to put him in a bad light,however I really want to know why Access graphics was the organization he used that early on, and who was the England addy set up for reply?
...okay..off I go to read the fiction ..to see if I see what you see..
Jodi Roberts isn't a real name if that helps. Her real name is known (I'd have to look it up) but it isn't Jodi or Roberts.

FWIW, we have outside lighting at Christmas and we manage to achieve it without leaving windows open. Our windows have thick rubber seals and the light cables aren't thick. We simply close the windows on the cables and they sink into the rubber. We've done this for many years without any problems.

Jayelles said:
Jodi Roberts isn't a real name if that helps. Her real name is known (I'd have to look it up) but it isn't Jodi or Roberts.
I believe in his deposition he named the "other" woman as Gloria Williams.

The problem I have with this theory is....after being careful not to leave no forensic evidence, then why risk leaving one with the ransom letter....why confuse police if they were careful not to leave evidence? We know the "foreign DNA" isn't in CODIS...This was no criminal...until now.

Let's see...I will grab this little girl, strangle her, hit her over the head, molest her....wait a minute! I guess I haven't left enough evidence...I think I'll handwrite a ransom letter!

TLynn said:

There were no open or unlocked windows or doors. The cops checked the inside and the outside of the house at 6 AM and John admitted the house was secure. The extension cords for the Christmas lights went through a small hole in the boiler room window, and this window was also secure.

While reviewing the crimescene photos:

PATSY RAMSEY: "This is a little window where the cord would come in from the lights outside."

TOM HANEY: "Is there something through that hole at this time?"

PATSY RAMSEY: "Yeah, that orange (cord)."

TOM HANEY: "That is for the exterior lights, the Christmas lights?"

PATSY RAMSEY: "Uh-huh."

BlueCrab said:
There were no open or unlocked windows or doors. The cops checked the inside and the outside of the house at 6 AM and John admitted the house was secure. The extension cords for the Christmas lights went through a small hole in the boiler room window, and this window was also secure.

While reviewing the crimescene photos:

PATSY RAMSEY: "This is a little window where the cord would come in from the lights outside."

TOM HANEY: "Is there something through that hole at this time?"

PATSY RAMSEY: "Yeah, that orange (cord)."

TOM HANEY: "That is for the exterior lights, the Christmas lights?"

PATSY RAMSEY: "Uh-huh."

I have a new motto I would like to tag on to BlueCrab's posts:

"Sayeth and I shall Showeth."
Good work BC ... and so fast! Thanks!

Toltec said:
The problem I have with this theory is....after being careful not to leave no forensic evidence, then why risk leaving one with the ransom letter....why confuse police if they were careful not to leave evidence? We know the "foreign DNA" isn't in CODIS...This was no criminal...until now.

Let's see...I will grab this little girl, strangle her, hit her over the head, molest her....wait a minute! I guess I haven't left enough evidence...I think I'll handwrite a ransom letter!
I believe the ransom note was written before JonBenet was molested and killed. I think whoever did this broke into the house while the family was at the Whites' residence.

narlacat said:
This was not a serial killer. This was personal. The RN is just another way of inflicting fear and panic. Maybe the killer even gained some pleasure from having the R's think it was a kidnapping and having hope their little one is alive, only to watch them have those hopes curshed in the end. Look at the way the body was left. More humiliation.

Zman said:
This was not a serial killer. This was personal. The RN is just another way of inflicting fear and panic. Maybe the killer even gained some pleasure from having the R's think it was a kidnapping and having hope their little one is alive, only to watch them have those hopes curshed in the end. Look at the way the body was left. More humiliation.
IMO your idea that the RN may have been deliberately used for his purposes, for pleasure or to confound LE, is largely supported by the evidence. Before you write off SK's though, here's a link with useful info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_killer

If its a SK, IMO the killer would fall into the organized, mission-oriented type.

Remember that SK's have what it takes: The motive, the ability, and the will. These things are not really present in any great measure in the people who have been suspected thus far.

Holdontoyourhat said:
IMO your idea that the RN may have been deliberately used for his purposes, for pleasure or to confound LE, is largely supported by the evidence. Before you write off SK's though, here's a link with useful info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_killer

If its a SK, IMO the killer would fall into the organized, mission-oriented type.

Remember that SK's have what it takes: The motive, the ability, and the will. These things are not really present in any great measure in the people who have been suspected thus far.
The personal aspect of the crime leads me away from Sk although I guess I can't discount anything. Even the crossing out of the word "delivery" in the RN to be replaced by "pickup". Just another little sick personal joke between this mad man and JR.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back