1401 users online (275 members and 1126 guests)  



Websleuths News


Page 1 of 111 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1656
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    32,580

    Jason Young to get new trial #3



    Please continue the discussion here.



    NC Appeals Court throws out Jason Young murder conviction, orders new trial

    Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/04/...#storylink=cpy



    thread 1
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...239877&page=26

    thread 2
    Last edited by nursebeeme; 06-05-2014 at 11:48 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,182
    Please stop bickering. If something is being disputed, please link it up. Please do NOT claim anything as a fact unless you link it. If you are not going to link it, then it's just your opinion and recollection of what was said at the previous trials.

    Salem

    ETA: I'll set up a new thread in just a bit here.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,285

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Please stop bickering. If something is being disputed, please link it up. Please do NOT claim anything as a fact unless you link it. If you are not going to link it, then it's just your opinion and recollection of what was said at the previous trials.

    Salem

    ETA: I'll set up a new thread in just a bit here.
    jumping off of Salem's reminder: we do not discuss family members that have not been named as a suspect or speculate upon them. If the theory comes up in the third trial we can go there at that time discussion-wise.

    This is a re-trial for the fact that the wrongful death suite was introduced in the trial. We do not know what influenced the last jury in their decision. Until the next trial occurs and a new jury is seated and hears all the factual evidence links need to be provided in what you post as a fact and anyone not named a suspect or person of interest is off limits for discussion.

    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/third-tr...-2006-killing/

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,285

    Jason Young to get new trial #3

    continue here after reading the above ^^

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    258
    Howdy. To anyone just joining the conversation, many of the folks here believe that Jason Young is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt and there's no evidence to the contrary, while a few people believe there's too many inconsistencies with the prosecution's case and there is evidence that raises reasonable doubt.

    Enjoy the show.

    And some people take offense to the idea that JY may be innocent. I don't understand that part.

    Edit: a lot of initials are used in these discussions, and it gets confusing, so here's a few:

    JY - Jason Young the defendant.

    MY - Michelle Young the victim of murder.

    CY - Cassidy Young, their daughter who was two at the time.

    MF - Meredith Fisher, MY's sister.

    Mr. G - the Young's dog.

    MM - Michelle Money, one of JY's mistresses.

    Sent from your mom's smartphone

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,214
    Quote Originally Posted by jova33 View Post
    Howdy. To anyone just joining the conversation, many of the folks here believe that Jason Young is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt and there's no evidence to the contrary, while a few people believe there's too many inconsistencies with the prosecution's case and there is evidence that raises reasonable doubt.

    Enjoy the show.

    And some people take offense to the idea that JY may be innocent. I don't understand that part.

    Edit: a lot of initials are used in these discussions, and it gets confusing, so here's a few:

    JY - Jason Young the defendant.

    MY - Michelle Young the victim of murder.

    CY - Cassidy Young, their daughter who was two at the time.

    MF - Meredith Fisher, MY's sister.

    Mr. G - the Young's dog.

    MM - Michelle Money, one of JY's mistresses.

    Sent from your mom's smartphone
    Thanks. Does anybody have a clue as to how long it takes the Supreme Court to hear the prosecutor's appeal of the retrial decision? The decision from the Appellate Court was handed down the first of April.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    581
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBelle View Post
    Thanks. Does anybody have a clue as to how long it takes the Supreme Court to hear the prosecutor's appeal of the retrial decision? The decision from the Appellate Court was handed down the first of April.
    It took about four months in the Brad Cooper case from the time that the state said it would ask the SC to review until the time they refused to review.

    If they review, it will take much longer.

    Based on this timeline, the SC should have something by August as to whether they will review or not.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,285
    Quote Originally Posted by jova33 View Post
    Howdy. To anyone just joining the conversation, many of the folks here believe that Jason Young is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt and there's no evidence to the contrary, while a few people believe there's too many inconsistencies with the prosecution's case and there is evidence that raises reasonable doubt.

    Enjoy the show.

    And some people take offense to the idea that JY may be innocent. I don't understand that part.

    Edit: a lot of initials are used in these discussions, and it gets confusing, so here's a few:

    JY - Jason Young the defendant.

    MY - Michelle Young the victim of murder.

    CY - Cassidy Young, their daughter who was two at the time.

    MF - Meredith Fisher, MY's sister.

    Mr. G - the Young's dog.

    MM - Michelle Money, one of JY's mistresses.

    Sent from your mom's smartphone
    bbm: this is not a show that anyone will enjoy. A woman has been murdered.

    As for the third trial we will follow it and as previously stated if anyone has a fact they want to bring up as the third trial comes into play please supply a link to your information.

    Thank you for the list of the abbreviations.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wake Forest, NC
    Posts
    1,914
    Regarding the blood evidence found on one of JY's shoes from his closet --- here is a link to the testimony beginning @ 22:00 (I apologize for not including it earlier)

    http://www.wral.com/specialreports/m...ideo/10736768/

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,214
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine05 View Post
    Regarding the blood evidence found on one of JY's shoes from his closet --- here is a link to the testimony beginning @ 22:00 (I apologize for not including it earlier)

    http://www.wral.com/specialreports/m...ideo/10736768/
    Thanks. I wonder how they missed that when they initially examined the closet and gathered evidence.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,357
    Quote Originally Posted by oenophile View Post
    It took about four months in the Brad Cooper case from the time that the state said it would ask the SC to review until the time they refused to review.

    If they review, it will take much longer.

    Based on this timeline, the SC should have something by August as to whether they will review or not.
    No, I think it will take the same amount of time as Brad's. But, the decision can not come fast enough!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,357
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine05 View Post
    Regarding the blood evidence found on one of JY's shoes from his closet --- here is a link to the testimony beginning @ 22:00 (I apologize for not including it earlier)

    http://www.wral.com/specialreports/m...ideo/10736768/

    Thanks and thank you and others for all you do..... supplying photos,links, etc. I like the fact that we have some really good posters from both sides who are here to discuss the case and let us determine for ourselves what we think happened (or did not happen),

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,214
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeFever View Post
    No, I think it will take the same amount of time as Brad's. But, the decision can not come fast enough!
    When did the state file for the review? I don't recall seeing it. Thanks.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wake Forest, NC
    Posts
    1,914
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBelle View Post
    When did the state file for the review? I don't recall seeing it. Thanks.
    If I recall, it wasn't until several weeks after the CoA decision --- I believe it was early May.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wake Forest, NC
    Posts
    1,914
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBelle View Post
    Thanks. I wonder how they missed that when they initially examined the closet and gathered evidence.
    I think so much time had gone by and they still had no evidence so they kept looking. As I said in the previous thread -- if it had been Jason's blood found on a shoe, that would have been major CE used to show evidence of guilt but since it was from an unidentified source, it wasn't mentioned at all. The ADA seemed irritated when the Defense brought it up.

Page 1 of 111 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Jason Young to get new trial #4
    By fran in forum Michelle Young
    Replies: 1206
    Last Post: 07-23-2014, 08:34 AM
  2. Jason Young to get new trial #2
    By fran in forum Michelle Young
    Replies: 1369
    Last Post: 06-05-2014, 11:47 AM
  3. Jason Young to get new trial
    By JusticeFever in forum Michelle Young
    Replies: 1296
    Last Post: 05-09-2014, 04:40 PM
  4. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-03-2013, 05:53 PM
  5. POLL: Verdict Watch in Jason Young Trial #2
    By ynotdivein in forum Michelle Young
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 03-04-2012, 01:18 PM

Tags for this Thread