Jason Young to get new trial #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please stop bickering. If something is being disputed, please link it up. Please do NOT claim anything as a fact unless you link it. If you are not going to link it, then it's just your opinion and recollection of what was said at the previous trials.

Salem

ETA: I'll set up a new thread in just a bit here.

Please stop bickering. If something is being disputed, please link it up. Please do NOT claim anything as a fact unless you link it. If you are not going to link it, then it's just your opinion and recollection of what was said at the previous trials.

Salem

ETA: I'll set up a new thread in just a bit here.

jumping off of Salem's reminder: we do not discuss family members that have not been named as a suspect or speculate upon them. If the theory comes up in the third trial we can go there at that time discussion-wise.

This is a re-trial for the fact that the wrongful death suite was introduced in the trial. We do not know what influenced the last jury in their decision. Until the next trial occurs and a new jury is seated and hears all the factual evidence links need to be provided in what you post as a fact and anyone not named a suspect or person of interest is off limits for discussion.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/third-trial-ordered-for-north-carolina-man-in-wifes-2006-killing/

Howdy. To anyone just joining the conversation, many of the folks here believe that Jason Young is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt and there's no evidence to the contrary, while a few people believe there's too many inconsistencies with the prosecution's case and there is evidence that raises reasonable doubt.

Enjoy the show.

And some people take offense to the idea that JY may be innocent. I don't understand that part.

Edit: a lot of initials are used in these discussions, and it gets confusing, so here's a few:

JY - Jason Young the defendant.

MY - Michelle Young the victim of murder.

CY - Cassidy Young, their daughter who was two at the time.

MF - Meredith Fisher, MY's sister.

Mr. G - the Young's dog.

MM - Michelle Money, one of JY's mistresses.

Sent from your mom's smartphone

Howdy. To anyone just joining the conversation, many of the folks here believe that Jason Young is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt and there's no evidence to the contrary, while a few people believe there's too many inconsistencies with the prosecution's case and there is evidence that raises reasonable doubt.

Enjoy the show.

And some people take offense to the idea that JY may be innocent. I don't understand that part.

Edit: a lot of initials are used in these discussions, and it gets confusing, so here's a few:

Mr. G - the Young's dog.

Thanks. Does anybody have a clue as to how long it takes the Supreme Court to hear the prosecutor's appeal of the retrial decision? The decision from the Appellate Court was handed down the first of April.

Thanks. Does anybody have a clue as to how long it takes the Supreme Court to hear the prosecutor's appeal of the retrial decision? The decision from the Appellate Court was handed down the first of April.

It took about four months in the Brad Cooper case from the time that the state said it would ask the SC to review until the time they refused to review.

If they review, it will take much longer.

Based on this timeline, the SC should have something by August as to whether they will review or not.

Enjoy the show.

Mr. G - the Young's dog.

bbm: this is not a show that anyone will enjoy. A woman has been murdered.

As for the third trial we will follow it and as previously stated if anyone has a fact they want to bring up as the third trial comes into play please supply a link to your information.

Thank you for the list of the abbreviations.

It took about four months in the Brad Cooper case from the time that the state said it would ask the SC to review until the time they refused to review.

If they review, it will take much longer.

Based on this timeline, the SC should have something by August as to whether they will review or not.

No, I think it will take the same amount of time as Brad's. But, the decision can not come fast enough!

Regarding the blood evidence found on one of JY's shoes from his closet --- here is a link to the testimony beginning @ 22:00 (I apologize for not including it earlier)

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/video/10736768/

Thanks and thank you and others for all you do..... supplying photos,links, etc. I like the fact that we have some really good posters from both sides who are here to discuss the case and let us determine for ourselves what we think happened (or did not happen),

Thanks. I wonder how they missed that when they initially examined the closet and gathered evidence.

I think so much time had gone by and they still had no evidence so they kept looking. As I said in the previous thread -- if it had been Jason's blood found on a shoe, that would have been major CE used to show evidence of guilt but since it was from an unidentified source, it wasn't mentioned at all. The ADA seemed irritated when the Defense brought it up.

I think so much time had gone by and they still had no evidence so they kept looking. As I said in the previous thread -- if it had been Jason's blood found on a shoe, that would have been major CE used to show evidence of guilt but since it was from an unidentified source, it wasn't mentioned at all. The ADA seemed irritated when the Defense brought it up.

Did they compare the blood on the shoe to the other DNA found at the scene?

This shoe was obtained in 2009, years later, in Brevard. It was not "from his closet" of the home in which the 2006 murder was committed.

BBM. How do you know the shoe wasn't in his closet in 2006?

No, I think it will take the same amount of time as Brad's. But, the decision can not come fast enough!

Actually that is what I said, about the same time as Brad, unless they decide to review. If the SC decides to review, then they will need to go through oral arguments etc. which will take quite a while.

BBM. How do you know the shoe wasn't in his closet in 2006?

That's just it. It is believed that it WAS in his closet in '06 and when his stuff was moved out, it was transferred to a storage shed in Brevard and that's when investigators looked at the items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbisme