1337 users online (295 members and 1042 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine05 View Post
    These types of posts are extremely inflammatory. It is all speculative. There is NO evidence to support that he wore shoes too small (They looked at all of the receipts for purchases prior to and he never bought any Franklin shoes). And why would he think to wear shoes too small? In anticipation of leaving a bloody shoe print? If he's thinking that way, then what? He puts on shoes that fit now and carelessly steps in the blood again? So now he needs a third pair of shoes. This is beyond speculative.

Yes, we are well aware of the horrible injuries inflicted on MY and that is why we all have an interest in this case. We want to make sure the right person is held responsible for this crime and there is no confidence in this verdict. JY is again innocent until proven guilty via the courts.
    [modsnip]

Yes, he did wear shoes that were too small and so what if he didn;t have a receipt....who would keep a receipt for anything if they planned to kill their wife. This is NOT beyond speculative because JY planned this murder and planning included making footprints in another size shoe, not necessarily in blood as footprints aren't always in blood.

His plan went awry when he didn't strangle Michelle to death as planned. You are most certainly right, we all should remember Michelle's horrific injuries. We should remember these injuries because they are the result of a rage killing. This slaughter was done by someone who most obviously overpowered Michelle. All the injuries on her hands and arms tell us so.....she covered her head and tried to shield herself. Her injuries were inflicted by someone who hatered and despised her........she DID NOT get injuries of this extent by anyone else. A random killer would not have beaten and beaten and beaten poor Michelle to death.

I, for one, (and I know for a fact I represent MANY when I say this) of course we want the right person convited. That is why JY should stay right where he is. The right person HAS been found and was convicted.

Slice it, dice it......explain it, excuse it........do whatever you want to do, but CE along with Michelle's injuries pointed to ONE person and this person is JY.
    Last edited by Salem; 06-06-2014 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Don't attack others please.
    JUSTICE FOR MICHELLE & RYLAN

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine05 View Post
    I attached an affidavit yesterday. They had a list of items they were looking for to include this particular pair of shoes. Why they didn't take them into evidence in the first place while at the house --- you would have to ask them.
    Shoes, shoes, shoes........again, explain it all away and bring up other things to avert the facts from the truth. JY disposed of the shoes he wore during the slaughter of his wife. I'm sure they are in a landfill somewhere or down a ravine never to be found again.

Oh....again, he disposed of TWO pair of shoes......the Orbitals and the Franklins.
    JUSTICE FOR MICHELLE & RYLAN

Quote Originally Posted by tarheellvr View Post
    [modsnip]

Yes, he did wear shoes that were too small and so what if he didn;t have a receipt....who would keep a receipt for anything if they planned to kill their wife. This is NOT beyond speculative because JY planned this murder and planning included making footprints in another size shoe, not necessarily in blood as footprints aren't always in blood.

His plan went awry when he didn't strangle Michelle to death as planned. You are most certainly right, we all should remember Michelle's horrific injuries. We should remember these injuries because they are the result of a rage killing. This slaughter was done by someone who most obviously overpowered Michelle. All the injuries on her hands and arms tell us so.....she covered her head and tried to shield herself. Her injuries were inflicted by someone who hatered and despised her........she DID NOT get injuries of this extent by anyone else. A random killer would not have beaten and beaten and beaten poor Michelle to death.

I, for one, (and I know for a fact I represent MANY when I say this) of course we want the right person convited. That is why JY should stay right where he is. The right person HAS been found and was convicted.

Slice it, dice it......explain it, excuse it........do whatever you want to do, but CE along with Michelle's injuries pointed to ONE person and this person is JY.
    Unfortunately, CE also points decidedly AWAY from JY, significantly more than the CE that points toward him. Which doesn't bode well for the position that JY committed the crime, especially when the burden of proof is on the claimant.

But of course you have already said that nothing would convince you that anyone but JY committed the crime, so not much point engaging further.
    Last edited by Salem; 06-06-2014 at 06:07 PM.

You are most certainly right, we all should remember Michelle's horrific injuries. We should remember these injuries because they are the result of a rage killing

[snipped]

Her injuries were inflicted by someone who hatered and despised her........she DID NOT get injuries of this extent by anyone else. A random killer would not have beaten and beaten and beaten poor Michelle to death.
    I think this statement is really the crux of why people here believe that JY committed the crime.

If I may for a moment, there are three things that emotionally make us want to believe JY did it:

1. The assumption that the most likely perpetrator of a murder is the victim's spouse or sexual partner;
    2. The brutality of the killing, as discussed above;
    3. The sleaziness of JY himself, as evidenced by his trial testimony.

These three things, combined with a desire to see someone punished for the murder of a pretty young pregnant woman, are really behind the conviction that JY is the only possible murderer.

I would argue that these are clouding the evaluation of the evidence. And there are many pieces of evidence that make JY appear completely innocent.

So what was the motive for any non-Jason murderer to kill Michelle so brutally while leaving Cassidy unscathed?

[modsnip]

Kathy Taft's murder was just a few miles away, if not closer and the cause of death was eerily similiar. Overkill and a brutal beating.......by a complete stranger.
    Last edited by Salem; 06-06-2014 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by minor4th View Post
    So what was the motive for any non-Jason murderer to kill Michelle so brutally while leaving Cassidy unscathed?
    a. CY was a child.
    b. CY was likely asleep, it's possible the murderer didn't even know she was there.

Quote Originally Posted by oenophile View Post
    a. CY was a child.
    b. CY was likely asleep, it's possible the murderer didn't even know she was there.
    I have thought of this as well. If we go back to SS's testimony of feeling watched and being scared, to the fact JY's car was not parked at home that nght, to the possibility of Michelle being overpowered if she took the trash out, to the garage door opener being broken, to a possible attempted sexual attack that Michelle fought off and infuriated the person.

Michelle and Jason may have argued, but that was the extent of it. Friends and family members all testified to that..

Whoever killed Michelle was so mad at her in that moment,and, not someone who would drive 340 miles and still have that kind of rage..

Quote Originally Posted by minor4th View Post
    You know what? There are documented cases of brutal murders that are cold cases now, have never been solved. What was the motive? We really don't know.

1) Jenna Nielsen (right here in Raleigh, killed in '07)
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/06/17/...tml?eref=ib_us

2) Kathi Goff Kennedy - This brutal murder occurred in '94 and remains unsolved. Two children in the home unharmed ages 4 and 18 months. Husband not a suspect because he was out of town. (Kernersville, NC)
    http://www.ncdoj.gov/Crime/Solve-Cri...f-Kennedy.aspx

3) Melissa Huggins-Jones - North Hills area - Blunt force trauma, much like MY -- random crime.
    http://www.wsls.com/story/25468298/w...ls-murder-case

Michael Morton case - 3 year old son left unharmed, wife brutally murdered. He served 25 years before they finally tested the DNA that proved he didn't do it and have since apprehended the real killer.

David Thorne case in Ohio - Yvonne Layne murdered, 4 children left unharmed in the house. Case remains unsolved, Thorne is in prison for an alleged murder-for-hire still after 14 years even though the co-defendant recanted years ago.

I'm sure there are many more cases where children are left unharmed.

I don't know why JY would wear a smaller pair of shoes to walk in blood to throw anyone off. So, he changes the first shoes because they have blood on them, and then gets another pair to do exactly the same thing?

And, did he just happen to bring those extra shoes along with him in his murder bag?

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeFever View Post
    Kathy Taft's murder was just a few miles away, if not closer and the cause of death was eerily similiar. Overkill and a brutal beating.......by a complete stranger.
    They're not similar. Ms. Taft was hit several times, supposedly with a rock. Once the killer knocked her out, he proceeded to brutally sexually assault her. She was hit in the head, knocked out and raped.

He didn't "overkill" by bludgeoning her countless times, punching her in the face, knocking out her teeth, and strangling her. The murder was absolutely BRUTAL, like Michelle's, but a totally different MO. It had the hallmarks of an anger-retaliatory rape/murder.

IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Boodles View Post
    They're not similar. Ms. Taft was hit several times, supposedly with a rock. Once the killer knocked her out, he proceeded to brutally sexually assault her. She was hit in the head, knocked out and raped.

He didn't "overkill" by bludgeoning her countless times, punching her in the face, knocking out her teeth, and strangling her. The murder was absolutely BRUTAL, like Michelle's, but a totally different MO. It had the hallmarks of an anger-retaliatory rape/murder.
    Taft's murderer did not know her, so how was it retaliation and for what?
    Michelle's killer was also angry also, we do not know the murder weapon.
    Both murders happened at night , when the victims were either in bed or getting ready for bed. I see way more similarities than differences. The plan to sexually assault Michelle may have been halted, if the killer saw CY, or became scared.

Also to address Justicefever's post from a previous thread. Sorry I'm unable to quote it since that thread is now locked.

My bad about the male doll quote. At that time it had been a while since I had viewed the eveidence in this case. Since the slayer was found guilty in 2012 I had only briefly posted here on MY bday and the anniversay of her death and the anniversay of his conviction. Yes, I did post something that was inaccuarate. As for the teenage, I never said he was arrested. It is in the very beginning of this MY forum about a young boy. You can read for yourself. [modsnip]

Have a great weekend
    Last edited by Salem; 06-06-2014 at 06:13 PM. Reason: don't discuss other posters, please and thank you.
    JUSTICE FOR MICHELLE AND RYLAN

All posts, unless sourced, are my opinion only and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you!!!!

I find it interesting that we are facing the argument that only a spouse can have the anger to kill his wife with such brutality when we just had an example in the news of a crazy person out to kill as many women as possible because he hated women and was rejected by them.

There are clearly and demonstrably other motivations for brutality beyond familiarity with the victim. The argument that it must be JY due to the brutality simply does not hold water. It is an emotional reaction, not a reaction based on evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Landonsmom02 View Post
    Also to address Justicefever's post from a previous thread. Sorry I'm unable to quote it since that thread is now locked.

My bad about the male doll quote. At that time it had been a while since I had viewed the eveidence in this case. Since the slayer was found guilty in 2012 I had only briefly posted here on MY bday and the anniversay of her death and the anniversay of his conviction. Yes, I did post something that was inaccuarate. As for the teenage, I never said he was arrested. It is in the very beginning of this MY forum about a young boy. You can read for yourself. [modsnip]

Have a great weekend
    There have been several things posted incorrectly, so unless it is just an opinion, a link to testimony or an article helps..And, It's very easy to look things up, like the dolls that were availale for CY to choose from,or that JY"s trip was 5 hours, not 2, and I do remember the mention of a teenage boy, but I thought that he was a neighbor on their street, not from the trailer park,

Some of the older articles from WRAL( 8 years ago) are no longer available, I have been trying to find the one that said LE thought CY was a witness and the one where the sheriff said Michelle put up quite a struggle.

Which reminds me, and this is not for you, LM, why did LE order a NTO on JY, if a struggle did not occur? What kind of evidence did they expect to find in examining Jason's body if Michelle did not fight back? I will go look up the wording on the NTO.
    Last edited by Salem; 06-06-2014 at 06:13 PM.

Page 5 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast