Researchers: link between air pollution and disorders such as autism and schizophrenia

These associations certainly appear to be more scientifically based than the widespread anecdotal ideas embraced and promoted by non-scientist celebrities and laypeople that vaccines "cause" autism.

(But let's not get into a discussion about vaccines and autism, okay?)

Hhhm cigarette smoke is certainly indoor air pollution -- so parental smoking in the home is likely linked to these conditions???

Not just ear infections and ongoing respiratiry difficulties....

This studied the first two weeks after birth.
Here is another study on exposure to toxic chemicals during fetal development may also be responsible and why predominantly males affected:

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2014/05/11/new-study-links-autism-to-toxin-exposure/

The cause of autism is still unknown, but we are definitely closer to figuring it out. A new study published in the journal PLOS Computational Biology, from researchers at the University of Chicago revealed that autism and intellectual disability (ID) rates are linked with exposure to harmful environmental factors during congenital development.

Hhhm cigarette smoke is certainly indoor air pollution -- so parental smoking in the home is likely linked to these conditions???

Not just ear infections and ongoing respiratiry difficulties....

Given that there were much higher numbers of smokers during the 1950's how can we explain less incidence of autism and ppds (pervasive personality disorders) during that period?

Air pollution affects the development of lung pathologies rather than autism. Something must be done with this, at least to switch to electric cars.

or example, I have been driving an electric car for a year now and I know that at least I don't pollute the environment.

or example, I have been driving an electric car for a year now and I know that at least I don't pollute the environment.

Except - - how do utility companies produce that electricity? What is the environmental impact of your battery system?

We don't yet know how wind, wave, & solar power impact the environment. (Just like humans didn't know the environmental impact of steam power or internal combustion.)

On the original topic, gut microbiome is a factor in autism, anxiety, and depression:

Association Between Gut Microbiota and Autism Spectrum Disorder: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis

Except - - how do utility companies produce that electricity? What is the environmental impact of your battery system?

We don't yet know how wind, wave, & solar power impact the environment. (Just like humans didn't know the environmental impact of steam power or internal combustion.)

On the original topic, gut microbiome is a factor in autism, anxiety, and depression:

Association Between Gut Microbiota and Autism Spectrum Disorder: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis

The gut is the whole deal for so many illnesses and disorders.

Klassen is to be commended. However I watched my friend lose anything and everything monetary by purchasing an electric truck. A true tree hugger. He cares about mother earth, and future for the kids, but...........
You can only go x amount of miles. Try finding a parking space in Philly that provides you to charge up. The paperwork for codes was different and that's a nightmare to begin with.

Meanwhile he at least has his rain barrel. He methodically sorts trash only to watch our trash guys throw recyclables in same truck with discarded Televisions and the likes.

What a world we messed up and our kids are paying.

Agreed. It's overwhelming how many kids are entering the education system these days with a diagnosis. These include kids from such a wide variety of cultural backgrounds with a wide variety of parenting 'styles'. There's just no way it's not something systematic.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vconners
Back