1575 users online (360 members and 1215 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

UK - Alistair Wilson, 30, Nairn, Scotland, 28 November 2004

I have always wondered about this murder.

At first it seemed so bizarre that somebody would kill this 'ordinary joe' in such a brutal and audacious manner, but then I saw articles indicating that he may have borrowed a large sum from illegal loan sharks, who then tried to blackmail him into laundering money through his bank.

I still can't believe that the killer is still at large, and of course the crime occurred with his small children in the house, which makes it even more shocking.

Any thoughts on this one? I was quite surprised to see no thread already.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowdancer View Post
    I have always wondered about this murder.

At first it seemed so bizarre that somebody would kill this 'ordinary joe' in such a brutal and audacious manner, but then I saw articles indicating that he may have borrowed a large sum from illegal loan sharks, who then tried to blackmail him into laundering money through his bank.

I still can't believe that the killer is still at large, and of course the crime occurred with his small children in the house, which makes it even more shocking.

Any thoughts on this one? I was quite surprised to see no thread already.
    I have been reading about this case for a while. I read that that AW and his wife had tried to use their house as a small hotel when they first bought the place. They failed to make a go of it. Their house was next door to a pub,which also was a small hotel. AW had complained to the local council about people who stayed in the pub's rooms throwing bottles into his garden. It struck me as strange that he got so annoyed. It sounded like he may have had some run ins with the pub's owners.

also, i read that he was about to go to work someplace else when he was killed, he had quit his job at the bank. The whole thing with the turquoise envelope was strange.Something seemed off there...is it true that several people in the town thought that AW's wife had him killed ? It is a fascinating case...

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp...n-murder-hunt/

New details about the 11-year-old investigation into the murder which sent shockwaves through the Highlands show that the police probe remains very much active...

Mr Wilson was gunned down on his doorstep while his children played inside his home. He later died at Raigmore Hospital in Inverness.

No one has ever been arrested and no motive for the murder has been established.

I have no recollection of seeing or hearing about this at the time it happened.
    Quite a good summary here for anyone else who's unfamiliar with the details : http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2005/n...e.gerardseenan
    Sarah