1476 users online (290 members and 1186 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46
    Quote Originally Posted by angelainwi View Post
    Ashley Sears‏Verified account @AshleySears6 5s5 seconds ago

BREAKING: Jury finds Weier had a mental defect at time of crime and lacked mental capacity to know what she did was wrong. #slendermantrial
    I disagree with this SO MUCH!

Quote Originally Posted by LietKynes View Post
    SABBM

That ^^^^^

Imo, 3 years of treatment and she's fit to live in society ?
    Doubtful.

Hard to follow this as my .02 was that their sentences would be light if any.
    So aggravating.

What if she comes out of the mental treatment and still harbors evil inclinations ?
    Will there be anyone to monitor her or follow up ?

Both of these girls frighten me. Sorry for a cold and heartless outlook.... but to carry out such an atrocity at the age of 12. Just boggles the mind.
    It worries me that she comes out at 18, and gets pregnant. So many scary things could happen to her child, in her care...
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    Interesting article from CNN.

I couldn't see your link until I clicked "reply with quote" . But even then it would not work as it was printed. But I finally figured out that it works from here:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/16/us/tee...ng-avoids-jail

10 out of the 12 jurors agreed Weier had a mental disorder when she and her classmate Morgan Geyser stabbed their sixth-grade classmate 19 times

[Weiser's attorney Maura McMahon] : McMahon said Weier will spend at least three years at a mental hospital before petition for her release. A judge could also order up to a 25-year commitment, she said.

Geyser was diagnosed with schizophrenia a few months after the assault, WISN reported. She also took the prosecutors plea deal and is set to stand trial in October, according to the Wisconsin Court System website.
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

Did the 10 jurors who voted yes on the first question (about Weier having a mental defect) know they could vote no on the second question? I’m thinking of James Holmes (theater shooter). He definitely had a mental illness. But he also could distinguish right from wrong. Just because Weier has a mental illness does not automatically mean she did not know right from wrong. Correct? Tough decision for the jury, though. I don’t envy them.

Slenderman victim’s family “disappointed” with verdict in Anissa Weier case

Payton Leutner's family released the following statement on the verdict:

"We are disappointed in the jury's decision. The decision allows the assailant to petition the court every six months and request release into the community. Their decision also forces our family to relive this horrific crime every six months wondering if they will be released.

The potential release of an assailant that methodically planned and executed an attack in which our little girl was stabbed 19 times puts the community and our family at risk. It is deeply disappointing.

We would also like to thank the District Attorney and her team for their remarkable work in presenting the case and assisting our family through the process.

The Leutner Family"

Quote Originally Posted by MzOpinion8d View Post
    I disagree with this SO MUCH!
    I can't argue that they/she has a mental defect, i hope the judge sticks closer to 25 years.
    It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by nothinonyou View Post
    wrong decision. this girl has her whole life ahead of her to commit a similiar or worse crime.
    And she will.
    This is such BS. What would happen to two black boys who commited this type of crime?

http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/c...ons/681787001/

http://www.waow.com/story/36406992/2...-investigation

Above are some of the links to an investigation by the Waukesha DA in postings on Facebook saying what the final outcome would be. A "Danny Black" posted several times...."getting three years mental health''. The DA is looking into the fact that "Danny Black" admitted on FB he knew one of the jurors and knew the outcome. The DA said that after "Danny Black" was questioned on FB that he did know a juror, a few hours later the verdict came down.

The DA said the jury was sequestered and it would be hard for anyone to get to them. However a special person was appointed to investigate.

The last thing the DA said was "If Black did indeed receive inside information from a juror, the juror could be penalized with a fine or jail time. As far as the verdict, it's highly unlikely, but it could give grounds for an appeal or mistrial."

IMO this could have happened....maybe easier then anyone thinks. Will have to wait to see what the investigation comes up with.

Plea deal means no trial for Morgan Geyser in 'Slender Man' stabbing case
    Updated: 7:10 PM CDT Sep 29, 2017
    WAUKESHA —
    One of two Wisconsin girls charged with stabbing a classmate to impress horror character Slender Man will plead guilty in a deal that calls for her to avoid prison time and instead receive treatment for mental illness, attorneys announced Friday.

The deal calls for doctors to evaluate 15-year-old Morgan Geyser and report to a judge to determine how long she should remain in a state mental hospital. . .

Unlike Weier, Geyser will plead guilty to the original charge from prosecutors. But Geyser won't face a sentencing phase where attorneys would argue that she was mentally ill when the crime occurred and shouldn't face prison time. A plea hearing to formalize Geyser's deal is Thursday.

(. . .)

Prosecutors concede insanity plea for Morgan Geyser in Slender Man stabbing case
    Bruce Vielmetti, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Published 9:12 a.m. CT Sept. 29, 2017 | Updated 4:15 p.m. CT Sept. 29, 2017

WAUKESHA - Prosecutors in the Slender Man stabbing have reached a plea agreement that will avoid a trial for the second girl charged in the case.

Morgan Geyser, 15, was scheduled to go before a jury next month, but will instead plead guilty as charged but not be held criminally liable and remain at the state mental hospital where she has been getting treatment for about 18 months.

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    It worries me that she comes out at 18, and gets pregnant. So many scary things could happen to her child, in her care...
    It is scary. I remember a friend in New Zealand telling me, when I expressed alarm that his bull terrier. was allowed to roam the neighborhood sheep paddocks, he basically said that if a dog attacks sheep, they're put down because once a dog tastes blood they're a dog gone bad. And that's it.

It was so matter of fact.

Im against the death penalty and don't think kids of course should be put to death. (That's barbaric). But my point is that these very disturbed kids have tasted blood. If their conditions are such that mental illness caused them to do this, that's a severe illness. People don't recover from something like that. They will remain a danger to society for life, IMO. Perhaps if they showed stability on medication after decades, and were strictly monitored for life?

Otherwise, let them be in a nice facility with tennis and art and school and whatever. Where they are treated gently. But not released. How can they ever not be a danger? Keeping mentally ill people on their medications is extremely difficult.
    Last edited by gitana1; 10-04-2017 at 04:22 PM.
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

Just saw this in the Rolling Stone -- interesting read:

'Slender Man' Trial: What's Next for Morgan Geyser and Anissa Weier

In 2014, two Wisconsin girls stabbed their friend to appease an Internet bogeyman. Now separate juries have determined their futures

Last Thursday, Morgan Geyser was
    committed to a Wisconsin-based mental hospital after she pleaded guilty to attempted first-degree homicide in trying to kill her sixth-grade classmate in 2014. It was supposed to be a sacrifice to Slender Man, an online fictional horror character.

Prosecutors asked Judge Bohren to commit her to 40 years. Doctors at the state Department of Health Service are set to evaluate Geyser by November 13th and recommend to the court how long she should remain committed to a hospital. (Geyser's attorney did not respond to request for comment.)
    http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/...aign=101117_16

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46