766 users online (104 members and 662 guests)  

Websleuths News

Rik Mayall dies

Just heard the sad news that Rik Mayall has passed at age 56, no details as yet regarding cause of death.

Not sure how well Rik is known across the pond. Most famous for 'The Young Ones', 'Bottom' and my favourite role of his - as Lord Flasheart in 'Blackadder'. He also stars in the Bombadier beer adverts.

He was seriously injured in a Quad bike accident back in the 90s, and wasn't expected to survive, but he did and continued with his acting career. In a recent interview I watched, he seemed fine, so his death has come as a real shock.

Here's a tribute to 'Lord Flasheart' which has always been one of my favourite youtube videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CnAsdQiGzs
    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end .... there it is.
    Winston Churchill

Oh, how sad. He was my favourite in the Young Ones, got the DVD. Loved him in Drop Dead Fred too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul3U_J37YCc

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Gutted, loved everything he ever did. RIP Rik

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

Awful. 56 is no age at all. loved him, especially in Blackadder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

RIP Lord Flashheart!
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

Wooooof woooof!!

He was also a revolutionary poet: Rik Mayall - Poetry. - YouTube
    You don't get a medal for switching alliances just before the result, as it becomes apparent the other team is set to win.