708 users online (104 members and 604 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

MD - Choir director is charged with sexually assaulting several girls, Germantown

Charges against Otis Joseph, 28, of Germantown, include aggravated indecent assault, unlawful restraint and false imprisonment against at least five girls in 2003 and 2004, police said. Police would not say where the alleged assaults occurred or how Joseph was connected to the girls, whose ages were not released. None of the alleged victims is a member of Bright Hope or are connected with the church, the Rev. William H. Gray 3d said yesterday.

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/n...n/11875924.htm
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

The church choir director accused of sexually assaulting six girls between the ages of 5 and 17, admitted one crime to the victim's mother, a prosecutor said yesterday.

Otis Joseph, 28, the choir leader at the Bright Hope Baptist Church, made "certain admissions" about one of the alleged assaults, Assistant District Attorney Leslie Gomez told a judge. Gomez said she expects to present details of that confession during Joseph's rape trial this week.

Jury selection for Joseph's trial, on two counts of raping girls he met at the West Oak Lane Charter School, was to begin yesterday.

By 9:30 a.m., however, the court ran out of jurors, leaving none to question for the case, said presiding Common Pleas Judge Shelley Robins New.

Meanwhile, school and church officials were trying to pinpoint when Joseph worked there, and which, if any, children he was around alone.

Joseph, who also has taught music at the Germantown Settlement School, Canaan Baptist Church and in his own home, faces two counts of rape, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, sexual assault and related charges for the two alleged victims from the West Oak Lane school.

One of the girls revealed during a church retreat that Joseph had sex with her from the time she was 10 or 11 until she was 14 years old, Gomez said yesterday. That girl is now 15.

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/11888855.htm
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Victim still cares for choir director

Even though he allegedly raped and sexually assaulted her repeatedly over four years, a 15-year-old testified yesterday that she still cares for Otis Joseph, the church-choir director and music teacher who befriended her family.

"I still care about Mr. Joseph because he was a big part of my life, but I still think he needs to get help for what he did," she said.

"But," she continued in a calm, measured tone, "I still care about Mr. Joseph."

The 28-year-old music teacher and choir director, who directs the choir at the popular Bright Hope Baptist Church in North Philadelphia, is on trial in Common Pleas Court in the rape and sexual assault of this 15-year-old girl and her best friend. The girl said the assaults began when she was 11 and continued until the age of 14, when she finally told officials at her own church, West Oak Lane Church of God.

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/...l/11916269.htm

Don't trust your kids with anyone! I am totally supicious of church groups - they seem to have unlimited access to kids in the congregation. Run for your life!

Otis Joseph

Sentence Date: 06/26/2006

Offense: 23 counts related Sexual Assaults
    Sentence: 33 years

Projected Release Date: Unknown