798 users online (107 members and 691 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

2 murder suspects found dead in their cells

Two men awaiting trials in unrelated murder cases hanged themselves this weekend in their cells in different jails, authorities said.

Phillip Joe Jackson, accused in the beating death of a 94-year-old World War II veteran in Leesburg in May, and Charles Edward Reed, accused in the death of his girlfriend's toddler in Ocala on Friday, were found dead in their cells. Jackson was held at the Lake County Jail; Reed at the Marion County Jail.

Reed, 28, was accused in the death of Matthew Lynne May, 3. The boy's mother left him in Reed's care while she was at work and couldn't revive him when she returned home, investigators said.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...news-headlines
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Can you tell my heart is broken over this news?

Ocala man kills self after being jailed in death of 3-year-old

An Ocala man charged with killing his girlfriend's three-year-old son hanged himself in the Marion County Jail a day after his arrest.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/news.aspx?storyid=14813
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Saves the county/state the cost of a trial.

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    Two men awaiting trials in unrelated murder cases hanged themselves this weekend in their cells in different jails, authorities said.

Phillip Joe Jackson, accused in the beating death of a 94-year-old World War II veteran in Leesburg in May, and Charles Edward Reed, accused in the death of his girlfriend's toddler in Ocala on Friday, were found dead in their cells. Jackson was held at the Lake County Jail; Reed at the Marion County Jail.

Reed, 28, was accused in the death of Matthew Lynne May, 3. The boy's mother left him in Reed's care while she was at work and couldn't revive him when she returned home, investigators said.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...news-headlines
    WWII vet and a baby

At least the taxpayers won't be paying for a trial and cost of housing these low lifes!!!

Well, I guess they just saved the cost of a trial, defense, housing, and transportation.