1088 users online (252 members and 836 guests)  

Websleuths News

IN - Mom Recieves Letter Stating Someone is "Watching" Her Daughters

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/06/...rs/?hpt=ju_bn2

(CBS) – A trip to the mailbox stopped an Indiana mother cold in her tracks after she opened a letter.

What she read prompted her to call the police and lock her children inside her home, CBS 2’s Chris Martinez reports.

“You have two lovely daughters …”

With every line she reads …

[modsnip]

The letter was postmarked June 6, and Gary police now have it as evidence as they work to track down who sent it. Alfreda and her family just moved into that home two months ago.
    Hopefully its just a prank and no sicko is these girls.
    Last edited by Salem; 06-10-2014 at 11:01 AM. Reason: No more than 10% for copyright, please and thank you.

Indiana Mom Recieves Letter Stating Someone is "Watching" Her Daughters

Omg! How frightening!
    I can't even imagine

------

Interesting they moved in two months ago and no mention of a dad in the picture. Recent divorce? Separation? Maybe mom wrote it hoping dad would be concerned enough to return?

Why didn't she call police BEFORE the media??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Linda7NJ; 06-10-2014 at 11:42 AM.

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

something is off about this to me.

Who receives a threatening letter and first calls the local news in so they can be there to witness LE arrive to look at the letter? you are scared to death and feel a genuine threat to your children to the point you lock yourself and your kids in the home and your next move is to call the local news?

Curious.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Quote Originally Posted by tlcya View Post

Who receives a threatening letter and first calls the local news in so they can be there to witness LE arrive to look at the letter? you are scared to death and feel a genuine threat to your children to the point you lock yourself and your kids in the home and your next move is to call the local news?

Curious.
    I thought it prompted her to call the police, if I read right. My next call would be the press!
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

Curious.
    What she read prompted her to call the police and lock her children inside her home, CBS 2ís Chris Martinez reports.
    Still seems odd to me too though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulessa View Post
    I thought it prompted her to call the police, if I read right. My next call would be the press!

The police arrived after the media!

Mom is seen handling the note in the news report. Odd how she puts the letter, after handling it and reading from it, in a zip lock plastic bag....

CBS 2 was there as Gary police took their first look at the letter,

Still finding this off and odd.

Social media is interesting.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

CBS 2 was there as Gary police took their first look at the letter,

Still finding this off and odd.

Social media is interesting.
    Yes, it's off & odd -- but the police are stuck working the case now, aren't they?

( Wasn't it the Gary police who dropped off a woman with a diagnosed mental illness at a closed shelter in the of the night, in the middle of winter & drove away??? )

It seems very possible she called police and then, hours later, called the media and the media arrived ASAP and the police handled it like a nonemergency call. In reading the note, it's interesting that it's a distinctive hand writing, and chock-full of grammatical errors that will help identify the writer.

It's interesting that she reads that letter as if it's correct - anyone else would read it haltingly, as if they realize all the errors. Imagine yourself reading that letter out loud - you would read it in a way that made it clear you were reading mistakes.

And interesting that it's fairly distinctive handwriting.

I think they'll have this solved by the end of the business day, although we may never hear it.

Do "perps" and pervs usually use the word "Lovely"?

Do they often warn the victims that they AND a friend are watching?
    Last edited by JeannaT; 06-11-2014 at 10:08 AM.

Any update?

keeponsearching is offline The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.
    Seems odd.. Like a message board of perps decided this might be fun.. Here is a link to something similar in MAine.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-setting-main/

I would go crazy. and move.

this is so creepy!

she might've been annoyed that the police didn't respond right away and called the media but are those her children running around & playing in the video? shouldn't they be right next to her, holding on to her, not let out of her sight?

could be a neighbour who doesn't want her there

the 911 operator (or even the news reporter or another neighbour) could've told her to put the note in a plastic baggie but her handling it the way she does might make any prints smudged & illegible anyway

there's a quick shot of an envelope that has a return address on it - is that another piece of mail or ...?

Has mommy got any mental issues?
    Everything I post is my opinion only, can change at any time, and is not intended to replace fact.
    Critical Thinking is often criticised.
    KISS