IN - Mom Recieves Letter Stating Someone is "Watching" Her Daughters

TexasRanger

Reaction score
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/06...re-watching-your-lovely-daughters/?hpt=ju_bn2

(CBS) – A trip to the mailbox stopped an Indiana mother cold in her tracks after she opened a letter.

What she read prompted her to call the police and lock her children inside her home, CBS 2’s Chris Martinez reports.

“You have two lovely daughters …”

With every line she reads …

[modsnip]

The letter was postmarked June 6, and Gary police now have it as evidence as they work to track down who sent it. Alfreda and her family just moved into that home two months ago.
Hopefully its just a prank and no sicko is these girls. :please:

Omg! How frightening!
I can't even imagine

------

Interesting they moved in two months ago and no mention of a dad in the picture. Recent divorce? Separation? Maybe mom wrote it hoping dad would be concerned enough to return?

Why didn't she call police BEFORE the media??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

something is off about this to me.

Who receives a threatening letter and first calls the local news in so they can be there to witness LE arrive to look at the letter? you are scared to death and feel a genuine threat to your children to the point you lock yourself and your kids in the home and your next move is to call the local news?

Curious.

Who receives a threatening letter and first calls the local news in so they can be there to witness LE arrive to look at the letter? you are scared to death and feel a genuine threat to your children to the point you lock yourself and your kids in the home and your next move is to call the local news?

Curious.

I thought it prompted her to call the police, if I read right. My next call would be the press! :seeya:

Curious.

What she read prompted her to call the police and lock her children inside her home, CBS 2’s Chris Martinez reports.

Still seems odd to me too though. :dunno:

I thought it prompted her to call the police, if I read right. My next call would be the press! :seeya:

The police arrived after the media!

Mom is seen handling the note in the news report. Odd how she puts the letter, after handling it and reading from it, in a zip lock plastic bag....

It seems very possible she called police and then, hours later, called the media and the media arrived ASAP and the police handled it like a nonemergency call. In reading the note, it's interesting that it's a distinctive hand writing, and chock-full of grammatical errors that will help identify the writer.

It's interesting that she reads that letter as if it's correct - anyone else would read it haltingly, as if they realize all the errors. Imagine yourself reading that letter out loud - you would read it in a way that made it clear you were reading mistakes.

And interesting that it's fairly distinctive handwriting.

I think they'll have this solved by the end of the business day, although we may never hear it.

Do "perps" and pervs usually use the word "Lovely"?

Do they often warn the victims that they AND a friend are watching?

Any update?

this is so creepy!

she might've been annoyed that the police didn't respond right away and called the media but are those her children running around & playing in the video? shouldn't they be right next to her, holding on to her, not let out of her sight?

could be a neighbour who doesn't want her there

the 911 operator (or even the news reporter or another neighbour) could've told her to put the note in a plastic baggie but her handling it the way she does might make any prints smudged & illegible anyway

there's a quick shot of an envelope that has a return address on it - is that another piece of mail or ...?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back