The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 11th -12th June - Trial Days 2 & 3 - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

marlywings

Former Member
Reaction score
Missing person, Brookfield

April 20, 2012 at 6:01 pm

Police are seeking public assistance to help locate missing 43-year-old woman, Allison Baden-Clay.

Missing-person-Baden-Clay-241x300.jpg

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2012/04/20/missing-person-brookfield/

Body found as search for missing woman Allison Baden-Clay enters 11th day

April 30, 2012 8:06PM

Police strongly suspect the body found this morning is missing Brookfield woman Allison Baden-Clay and are treating the case as a homicide investigation.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-enters-11th-day/story-e6freoof-1226342625074

Confirmed: Body found in creek identified as Allison Baden-Clay

May 01, 2012 6:54PM

A WOMAN'S body found on a creek bank in Brisbane's west has been identified as that of missing mum Allison Baden-Clay.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...lison-baden-clay/story-e6freoof-1226343926997

Gerard Baden-Clay charged with murder

June 13, 2012

Police have charged the husband of slain Brisbane mother Allison Baden-Clay with murder.

Shortly before 6.30pm, Gerard Baden-Clay was driven from Indooroopilly station in an unmarked police car. He was formally charged with murder at the Brisbane watchhouse tonight

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...with-murder-20120613-209z7.html#ixzz33ZIYVvXt

Gerard Baden-Clay to stand trial for murder

March 20, 2013

Before a packed court room on Wednesday morning, Chief Magistrate Brendan Butler ordered Mr Baden-Clay face trial in the Supreme Court

‘‘I'm of the opinion the evidence is sufficient to put the defendant on trial on the offences charged,’’ Mr Butler said.

‘‘It will be for the jury to assess the evidence ...

As Mr Butler formally committed Mr Baden-Clay to stand trial, he asked the 42-year-old real estate agent to stand.

‘‘You are charged that on or about the 19th day of April 2012 at Brisbane in the state of Queensland you murdered Allison June Baden-Clay,’’ Mr Butler said.

‘‘You are further charged that on or about the 19th of April 2012 at Brisbane in the state of Queensland you improperly interfered with a dead human body,’’ Mr Butler said.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-for-murder-20130320-2geno.html#ixzz33Z2Bd99v

Trial Day 1

Reminders:

Derogatory name calling/name changes are not allowed on WS.

No disparaging comments about the accused, the defense team or witnesses

If you have a problem with a post (do not respond) please use the Alert Button (triangle icon) located top right corner of every post. (This translates to....if another member is being a drongo, use the dobber button rather than ear bashing about it on the thread)

Treat opposing views respectfully.

If you have any questions, please PM (private message) a moderator.

Make sure you read & abide by our rules & post responsibly

Rules Etiquette & Information

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

A BIG thankyou to Websleuths for allowing this to happen...

As we look for justice for Allison...

Please continue here....

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou · 48s
We're expecting a 10am start for the second day of the Baden-Clay trial. There's quite a crowd gathered outside the courtroom.

I wondered about this too? Maybe it got there and the tide rose and fell?

But surely...wouldn't those only get into the lungs by being inhaled?

Ebony Cavallaro ‏@ebonycavallaro 7m

Allison's relatives & friends have greeted each other with hugs as they arrive for day 2 of the trial #badenclay @9NewsBrisbane

:heartbeat: :grouphug:

One thing puzzling me a bit yesterday.

Mr Fuller said there was plankton diatoms in Ms Baden-Clay’s lungs, which are found in water.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...his-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226948779375

Did she drown?

Actually, the autopsy report says quite specifically that not only were there no histological changes characteristic of drowning, but that "DIATOM testing showed no evidence of drowning".

So I'm not sure where that comment came from. If there HAD been diatoms and histological changes in the lungs, there would have been a presumptive diagnosis of death by drowning. In fact, the autopsy suggested that she didn't drown, although it also indulged in the usual backside-covering phrase of "unable to rule it out". That's the standard phrase used when the findings are blurred by decomposition etc.

I have a copy of the full autopsy report right here, and just checked through it in case I'd missed the bit about diatoms.

Good morning all, I hope you all slept well and are ready for today!

Welcome to the WS round table discussions Freedomfighter and Cherrie. [comments last page of last thread]

:thewave:

Front page of Courier Mail today says "Ms Baden Clay's phone was never found". Bummer

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD · 2m
Public gallery full for day two of #BadenClay trial.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m

Public gallery full for day two of #BadenClay trial. Updates via @couriermail

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou · 37s
Court has begun. Senior Constable Ashley Huth from the Brisbane Scientific Section is back on the stand. #badenclay

Actually, the autopsy report says quite specifically that not only were there no histological changes characteristic of drowning, but that "DIATOM testing showed no evidence of drowning".

I have a copy of the full autopsy report right here, and just checked through it in case I'd missed the bit about diatoms.

Is it possible a partial drowning might introduce the planktons but not cause death? It seems these plankton referred to will be present in a drowning in a dirty bath water.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou · 38s
The court is being shown a photograph of Allison's body at the base of a concrete overhang. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou · 1m
Huth measured the distance from her body to the bridge while hanging from a rope. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou · 1m
Huth says an officer was injured when he fell trying to get down to her body. #badenclay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member