MI - Man wakes up in road, no memory of why

tjdegoed3

Reaction score
Okay, this is a bizarre story near where I live. A young male woke up on the side of a road nowhere near his home with no memory of why (the link below has the 911 call). When this was first reported, I suspected he had taken some sort of drug/alcohol; however, it was just reported that no substances were found in his system.

Very strange, I wonder if he was possibly drugged with something. The article states that it is unlikely that he was hit by a car and has amnesia because there would be more physical signs of trauma.

http://woodtv.com/2014/06/10/man-wakes-up-in-road-no-memory-of-why/

Robertson was taken to Sparrow Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. A sheriff’s official said no drugs or alcohol were found in Robertson’s system and his injuries were not consistent with getting hit by a car or another major accident. They didn’t find any debris from a crash in the road.

Deputies said they spoke with Robertson’s girlfriend, who said he did not have any other known medical conditions that he was hiding from authorities.

The stretch of road where Robertson found himself is typically busy, but no one reported seeing or hearing anything out of the ordinary. He told deputies he has no friends or family living in that area, a sheriff’s official said.

The sheriff’s official called the incident “baffling,” and said the department waited to put out a press release on the incident, hoping that Robertson would remember something about what happened.

That is odd. I think if he was drugged a tox screen would have showed that up?

I think one of the commenters may be on to something!

Kim-ster, oh KIM-ster, have you visited Michigan recently? Kiiiiiiim-ster.....

:ufo:

If he had a seizure it would explain a lot, the lack of memory, also his back and legs and arm hurt yet there was no outward sign he had been injured, like hit by a car. This would be consistent with a seizure to hurt specially if he had a tonic-clonic or grand mal. But amnesia would usually be very short term.

Emotional trauma, hysterical amnesia can be provoked by physical or psychological stress. Most common important personal information is forgotten (couldn't remember his phone or address) and the recall of events during a circumscribed period fails (he remembers leaving the house, then waking up on the road). This could be the results a traumatic episode like a car accident. He was an avid jogger, and was dressed for jogging, yet they say he showed no signs of being hit by a car?

At 23 he is the right age for the onset of some mental conditions as well..

I think one of the commenters may be on to something!

Kim-ster, oh KIM-ster, have you visited Michigan recently? Kiiiiiiim-ster.....

I can't deny it, THAT was my first thought.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back