1342 users online (353 members and 989 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Patsy and the 911 Call

I am curious how many who have listened to the recording of Patsy's 911 call the morning of the 26th think that she sounded sincerely panicked etc.
    I remember in Schiller's book I think it was, that he relayed that when Alex Hunter first listened to the 911 phone call tape of Patsy he commented that he didn't think she sounded as distraught as he would have expected.
    I've had mixed feelings about that call.
    But then I watched a true crime program the other night on either A&E or Court TV about a man who called 911 after he'd "accidentally" shot his wife in their home. His call was VERY believable. All the right emotions and words and plenty of "hurry ups" to get here's etc. And it turns out he killed her on purpose! Made it look like an accident. Took years to nail him but they finally did.
    It got me thinking about Patsy's "frantic" phone call that morning.
    I remember when I first heard it I thought it sounded pretty sincere. Especially her, "Oh my God!". Although I have always believe she was involved in the crime at some level and KNEW what had happened, in trying to be objective and keeping an open mind this is one thing I've always admitted to myself belongs in the "possibly innocent" category. As short as the items in that list are.
    So now I am rethinking that after hearing another real life 911 call from someone who also sounded sincere but turned out to be guilty as **ll.

What is your honest opinion about Patsy's demeanor and her statements to the police that morning?
    This post is my opinion.

When I first heard it, I got chills. It could've been believable...however, the problem I have is how fast they called 911.

The note said not to - there was no thinking about it - no, maybe we should call from the cell phone - no, maybe we should call the FBI - no, maybe, we're being watched and police can't show up here - no, maybe anything.

No conversation on what to do...Not ever John thinking about it on his own before stating call the police.

Not one - "Oh my God, what do we do?"
    IMO -

Quote Originally Posted by TLynn
    When I first heard it, I got chills. It could've been believable...however, the problem I have is how fast they called 911.

The note said not to - there was no thinking about it - no, maybe we should call from the cell phone - no, maybe we should call the FBI - no, maybe, we're being watched and police can't show up here - no, maybe anything.

No conversation on what to do...Not ever John thinking about it on his own before stating call the police.

Not one - "Oh my God, what do we do?"
    Good point TLynn. You know Patsy didn't even mention to the 911 operator that the note warned not to call police, FBI etc. or they'd harm their daughter. In fact, the actions all morning show they both completely ignored ANY warning in the note. Bolstering the fact the note was fake and written by one of them of course.
    But the other point to make, and that some authorities noted, is how much clarity Patsy had in the phone call to police. She had no trouble remembering her house address for instance - something parents often cannot do in this kind of crisis and trauma.
    And I've always found it so curious that is was PATSY who made that phone call and not John. Mr. CEO. Mr. in control. She sounded awfully 'together' for what she claims she just found out in the note.
    This post is my opinion.

It was a PERFORMANCE. Patsy likely got psyched up for it by running up a short flight of stairs to give her what she thought would sound like she was gasping from shock, but which instead sounded more like she was temporarily out of breath from a short run. The panting stopped toward the end of the 911 call.

Also, Patsy terminated the call while the 911 dispatcher was still talking to her. Why would she do something like that during the most important telephone call she would ever make in her lifetime? After Patsy abruptly and prematurely terminated the 911 call she immediately called her friends asking them to come over, "and bring someone with you".

The 911 call was a performance, and that's likely why John had Patsy do it. Patsy had lots of experience along those lines. A solo performance on stage is how Patsy became Miss West Virginia.

BlueCrab

BC, is it confirmed that PR said words to the effect of come over and bring someone with you? If true, the 'bringing someone' wording has the ring of intentionally creating a distraction for police at the home. Seeking comfort of a friend could be explained, but seeking a crowd is something very different.
    Last edited by Lacy Wood; 06-12-2005 at 11:21 PM. Reason: omission

23 JOHN RAMSEY: I remember us both being kind

24 of in this area. She was in here, I was here on

25 the floor. She was just hysterical.

1 LOU SMIT: Was she asking you any questions?

2 JOHN RAMSEY: What should we do, what should

3 we do. And if we should call the police. And there

4 was a (INAUDIBLE) that says not to call the

5 police, so I called the police anyway. But she

6 did; she called 911. And then she also called the

7 Whites and the Fernies.

8 LOU SMIT: Why would she? Why did she do that?

9 JOHN RAMSEY: They were close friends. And

10 I remember her just screaming, (Come over, come

11 over.̃

if it was a performance, i thought it was a very good one. The "distractedness" of someone worrying about their child comes through strongly.

what i wouldn't give to hear the enhanced last seconds of the 911 call At the moment i have a sinking feeling it might sound like John Lennon supposedly saying "i...buried....Paul...." at the end of Strawberry Fields Forever

many, many aspects of this case have been leaked to the media. The autopsy photos, the ransom note, details about suspects, etc.

The BPD must have made good copies of the enhanced call. If the voices on the enhanced tape are clear & genuine, the enhanced call proves that the Ramseys misled the cops... and it also implies (in my mind, in my opinion) that Burke was involved. We're not talking to YOU.

I can't believe no one's leaked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacy Wood
    BC, is it confirmed that PR said words to the effect of come over and bring someone with you? If true, the 'bringing someone' wording has the ring of intentionally creating a distraction for police at the home. Seeking comfort of a friend could be explained, but seeking a crowd is something very different.

Lacy Wood,

Yes, Patsy blew it once again during the interviews when she got flabbergasted and unwittingly let it be known she wanted people in the house that morning (ostensibly to help contaminate evidence). Patsy wasn't specific on WHO should come over, so long as it was someone. For instance, on June 23, 1998:

PATSY RAMSEY: "Then I hung up the phone and called the Fernies. And I believe John Fernie answered."

TOM HANEY: "Do you recall exactly what you told him?"

PATSY RAMSEY: "I said -- I said -- I am not sure if I told him -- I just can't remember what I told. 'Oh please, you got to come, please can you bring someone over' or something. I don't remember."

BlueCrab

Patsy calling and inviting friends and her pastor over fit right in with the police's observation that morning that John and Patsy behaved more like a "death" had occured than a kidnapping. And Schiller, who had access to a LOT of police files stated that "there IS validity to that" statement.

If John and Patsy TRULY believed the contents of that note they would never have so quickly and without any counsel, ignored the threats and warnings and invited all these people over. Nor sent their young son out there unprotected and away from their watchful eye.
    This post is my opinion.

Is there a link for the 911 call?

ty Duffy
    http://groups.msn.com/CTVChatPeople/...hergaggle.msnw

When you've got a hammer in your hand everything looks like a nail!

A great performance indeed. Patsy knew that that her precious daughter was downstairs and didn't care about calling everyone over. The reason she hung up on the operator is because she could only perform so long...and she was starting to get scared of more questions the operator might ask.
    ...We have said to ourselves, look, there is never going to be a victory in this, there is no victory...John Ramsey: 6/24/98

PR: (inaudible) police.
    911: (inaudible)
    PR: 755 Fifteenth Street
    911: What is going on there ma’am?
    PR: We have a kidnapping...Hurry, please

This has always bothered me. "We have a kidnapping"? Not "Help, please! Our daughter is missing" or "Oh my God! Our daugher has been kidnapped!" It's police-like lingo: "We have a kidnapping." I don't buy it. Too theatrical, to say the least.

Great posts everyone

Who made the biggest mistake, Patsy for not reading ALL OF THE RANSOM NOTE before she called, John for not reading ALL of the Ransom Note, 911 Dispatcher for not asking for the exact words of the note.

Now then Patsy is calling 911, John is on all fours reading the note ON THE FLOOR, why did he not interrupt her call to 911 to explain to the 911 operator the nature of the note and being told in the NOTE TO NOT contact anyone or she would be dead. A CEO would want to do things by the book, by nature, wouldn't they ?, to MAKE A DEAL work out well (like duh, getting their daughter back).

It all reeks of PR OR JR or both of them, knowing the ENTIRE thing was in fact a performance.

So, in conclusion, one of the Ramseys didit, then covered it up. The BIG question is which one!!

Opinions expressed by me, are mine, based on life experience, and known facts of any given case.

"""I am just a pixel in the universal plan."""

Quote Originally Posted by K777angel
    Good point TLynn. You know Patsy didn't even mention to the 911 operator that the note warned not to call police, FBI etc. or they'd harm their daughter. In fact, the actions all morning show they both completely ignored ANY warning in the note. Bolstering the fact the note was fake and written by one of them of course.
    But the other point to make, and that some authorities noted, is how much clarity Patsy had in the phone call to police. She had no trouble remembering her house address for instance - something parents often cannot do in this kind of crisis and trauma.
    And I've always found it so curious that is was PATSY who made that phone call and not John. Mr. CEO. Mr. in control. She sounded awfully 'together' for what she claims she just found out in the note.
    Also a similarity between the note and the 911 call is the omission of the victim's name.

Quote Originally Posted by rocket
    PR: (inaudible) police.
    911: (inaudible)
    PR: 755 Fifteenth Street
    911: What is going on there ma’am?
    PR: We have a kidnapping...Hurry, please

This has always bothered me. "We have a kidnapping"? Not "Help, please! Our daughter is missing" or "Oh my God! Our daugher has been kidnapped!" It's police-like lingo: "We have a kidnapping." I don't buy it. Too theatrical, to say the least.
    Absolutely! "We have a kidnapping." How bizarre! Not, "Our daughter is missing! Help! Someone broke in and kidnapped her and left a ransom note!"

And the fact that she had perfect recall of her home address is suspect in itself according to experts who deal with these situations. Parents in that panicked state have extreme trouble remembering things like their address.
    Also, parents who have just been informed that their child is DEAD - react with denial and disbelief, NOT resignation with no questions asked.
    The Ramseys reactions to being "informed" of JonBenet's death were suspect to Det. Linda Arndt who has dealt with these situations before.
    This cannot be overlooked.
    This post is my opinion.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast