1441 users online (269 members and 1172 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 273
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    203
    Ah good question about the uniform. How on earth could we find out the answer to that question?

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    There's about an hour window from the time she left her dad, and the time neighbors reported hearing her in the hall talking to a guy. She would not have had much time to go to a bar and meet someone on the spur of the moment, and then invite him over to her apartment. It could happen, but I have a feeling the meeting was prearranged, and the excuse about going home to wash her uniform was made up for her father's benefit. JMO.

    But that guy didn't just fall out of the sky. She met him at her job, or at a bar, or maybe he was a mechanic who worked on her car. Regardless, someone, somewhere, at some point in time, saw them together. Why has no one ever come forward?
    You da Bess..=

    Few more things if anyone could answer

    1) was she bound ?
    2) were her clothes, torn or cut off her ?
    3) position her body was found in

    If anyone knows, Id appreciate it

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    203

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    I'd think you're right, and the wounds were compared to knives in the apartment, assuming the weapon was a knife.

    I thought of another possible scenario. Suppose she told the truth about washing her uniform. Did she have to use a laundry room in the complex? Could she have met up with the suspect in there? Did she recognize him because he was a neighbor? So after standing around the hot w/d's for awhile, they go to her apt to wait. Which raises another question, was her uniform found in her apartment? Clean, or dirty?
    IMO the prearranged meet up is more plausible than the laundry room scenario. The news article stated fast food wrappers and beer bottles/cans were found. Either he, she or they picked up the food. Where was the food from? Were any fast food employees questioned?

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    On the sunny shores of I-65
    Posts
    2,066
    I work a block away from this murder site. A co-worker has the same last name!

    Yikes- what a horrendous case.
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    No longer in a truck ; ))
    Posts
    2,803
    They now have a full DNA profile of the suspect, submitted to a national databank. You can watch WC discuss it in the 48 hours extra segment at the bottom of this page.

    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/amy-weid...t-for-justice/
    "It seems our profound fascination with serial killers is matched by an equally profound lack of interest in their victims." - Vanessa Veselka

    http://stoptheviolencemilwaukee.blogspot.com/

    "This is a wonderful day. I have never seen this one ever before." Dr. Maya Angelou

    F.L.Y. First love yourself!



  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    No longer in a truck ; ))
    Posts
    2,803
    Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    There's about an hour window from the time she left her dad, and the time neighbors reported hearing her in the hall talking to a guy. She would not have had much time to go to a bar and meet someone on the spur of the moment, and then invite him over to her apartment. It could happen, but I have a feeling the meeting was prearranged, and the excuse about going home to wash her uniform was made up for her father's benefit. JMO.

    But that guy didn't just fall out of the sky. She met him at her job, or at a bar, or maybe he was a mechanic who worked on her car. Regardless, someone, somewhere, at some point in time, saw them together, talking, smiling, flirting. Why has no one ever come forward?
    BBM: A co worker? Someone getting off work when she was there? A customer that she was friends with?

    They had to have stopped for beer and food.

    WC can you tell us what kind of fast food wrappers were found?

    Here's a map that shows the distance between Turtle Creek Apartments and where the Pizza Hut was. It's only 9 min. by car

    https://goo.gl/maps/mpCkl

    Does anyone know how to find a map from that time period? One that shows fast food places and liquor stores or beer marts in the area.
    Last edited by Justiceforever; 06-16-2014 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Added 9 min. by car
    "It seems our profound fascination with serial killers is matched by an equally profound lack of interest in their victims." - Vanessa Veselka

    http://stoptheviolencemilwaukee.blogspot.com/

    "This is a wonderful day. I have never seen this one ever before." Dr. Maya Angelou

    F.L.Y. First love yourself!



  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    my cosy corner
    Posts
    602
    The question about the uniform is a good one.
    Whether Carmen intended meeting up with the man or not will never be known, but I have no doubt the man intended meeting up with her.
    I think the man was a predatory type who would have been "working" on her for a while.
    He would have been in her secondary range of friends, not someone her friends would think of. He would have known she was going to visit her grandmother and would be home late, that would give him the opportunity of getting her "off guard".
    He would have made sure the alcohol was there, he probably had the take-away food as well. The alcohol would have increased her "off guard" vulnerability.

    He is probably someone she knows but would never be interested in as a romantic interest, and he knew it.
    The "get off me" screams were because she was not interested, he was not a romantic interest. (He was not an affair).
    She saw him differently to the way he saw her, she thought he was a harmless friend, he knew she would never be romantically attracted to him, hence the alcohol.
    When she rejected him, he raped her and killed her.

    What a tragedy.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    No longer in a truck ; ))
    Posts
    2,803
    Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    I'd think you're right, and the wounds were compared to knives in the apartment, assuming the weapon was a knife.

    I thought of another possible scenario. Suppose she told the truth about washing her uniform. Did she have to use a laundry room in the complex? Could she have met up with the suspect in there? Did she recognize him because he was a neighbor? So after standing around the hot w/d's for awhile, they go to her apt to wait. Which raises another question, was her uniform found in her apartment? Clean, or dirty?

    ETA: One more thought. There's a picture of Carmen with blonde hair. I can't get to it at the moment (on my phone), but it looks as though she's sitting near a swimming pool. I wonder if that was taken at the same complex, or if not, did her complex have a swimming pool. And if so, was it customary for tenants to socialize in the evenings around the pool. I have a hunch this guy either was a tenant, or a friend of a tenant -- part of a secondary circle of friends, as indicated in the article.
    BBM: Turtle Creek Apartments has a pool at least in current pics.

    turtle creek pool.jpg
    "It seems our profound fascination with serial killers is matched by an equally profound lack of interest in their victims." - Vanessa Veselka

    http://stoptheviolencemilwaukee.blogspot.com/

    "This is a wonderful day. I have never seen this one ever before." Dr. Maya Angelou

    F.L.Y. First love yourself!



  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    761
    I am from Indy, know the area she lived & worked very well & have many friends in common with the friend mentioned in the IndyStar article. Don't remember this particular murder, but remember the mutual friend discussing it recently in a fb group were both part of.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by Meryl12 View Post
    The question about the uniform is a good one.
    Whether Carmen intended meeting up with the man or not will never be known, but I have no doubt the man intended meeting up with her.
    I think the man was a predatory type who would have been "working" on her for a while.
    He would have been in her secondary range of friends, not someone her friends would think of. He would have known she was going to visit her grandmother and would be home late, that would give him the opportunity of getting her "off guard".
    He would have made sure the alcohol was there, he probably had the take-away food as well. The alcohol would have increased her "off guard" vulnerability.

    He is probably someone she knows but would never be interested in as a romantic interest, and he knew it.
    The "get off me" screams were because she was not interested, he was not a romantic interest. (He was not an affair).
    She saw him differently to the way he saw her, she thought he was a harmless friend, he knew she would never be romantically attracted to him, hence the alcohol.
    When she rejected him, he raped her and killed her.

    What a tragedy.
    Yes, this makes sense.


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    Oh, no. I came across her name while researching other cold cases from the midwest.

    This might be an obvious question, but I ASSume the guy she was seen walking with in the hall has not come forward to be cleared?

    And who hears a woman screaming, "Get off of me! Get off of me!", and then leaves an ugly note on the door? Unbelievable.

    ETA: To clarify, a neighbor complained to the management office, who in turn left the note on the door.
    That part bothered me the most. How little people worry about others. They mightaswell have written, "Be more considerate to your neighbors while you're getting murdered!" I hope this jerk gets caught no matter how many years its been.
    - All we have to decide is what to do with the time given us. -
    Note: Don't let my screenname confuse you; I am a girl. (:

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by BethAnn777 View Post
    Ah good question about the uniform. How on earth could we find out the answer to that question?

    What was the question?

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    31,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Justiceforever View Post
    They now have a full DNA profile of the suspect, submitted to a national databank. You can watch WC discuss it in the 48 hours extra segment at the bottom of this page.

    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/amy-weid...t-for-justice/
    Thanks for the link, JFE. So that would rule out Larry Dewayne Hall. It also rules out other known killers, and could mean either the killer got very smart, or died before he re-offended. Or, in an evidence room somewhere sits a bio sample waiting to be profiled that just might be a match.

    Fifty plus stab wounds...no words for that.
    Last edited by bessie; 06-17-2014 at 12:11 AM.
    PODCAST ROW

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK
    __________________________________
    Always give generously of yourself to support your beliefs. And when you're knocked down, give more.




  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    31,651
    Quote Originally Posted by toetag View Post
    What was the question?
    If the uniform was found, and whether or not it was freshly laundered.
    PODCAST ROW

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK
    __________________________________
    Always give generously of yourself to support your beliefs. And when you're knocked down, give more.




  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    31,651
    Quote Originally Posted by RichKelly View Post
    You da Bess..=

    Few more things if anyone could answer

    1) was she bound ?
    2) were her clothes, torn or cut off her ?
    3) position her body was found in

    If anyone knows, Id appreciate it
    Back at ya!

    I'm curious about those details, too.

    Quote Originally Posted by BethAnn777 View Post
    IMO the prearranged meet up is more plausible than the laundry room scenario. The news article stated fast food wrappers and beer bottles/cans were found. Either he, she or they picked up the food. Where was the food from? Were any fast food employees questioned?
    The fast food could still work. She might have picked it up on her way home, and the beer was on hand. Or he/they ducked out to pick up some food and beer. There's a hospital nearby, and late night, fast food places are often found near hospitals. In any case, I'm sure the food was traced back to where it was purchased, and those employees questioned. I sure hope so, anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by Justiceforever View Post
    BBM: A co worker? Someone getting off work when she was there? A customer that she was friends with?

    They had to have stopped for beer and food.

    WC can you tell us what kind of fast food wrappers were found?

    Here's a map that shows the distance between Turtle Creek Apartments and where the Pizza Hut was. It's only 9 min. by car

    https://goo.gl/maps/mpCkl

    Does anyone know how to find a map from that time period? One that shows fast food places and liquor stores or beer marts in the area.
    I tried TerraServer, but couldn't find an image going back that far.
    Last edited by bessie; 06-17-2014 at 12:25 AM.
    PODCAST ROW

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK
    __________________________________
    Always give generously of yourself to support your beliefs. And when you're knocked down, give more.




Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. IN IN - Shawn Quick, 32, Indianapolis, 3 March 2007
    By SewingDeb in forum Cold Cases
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-06-2016, 12:06 PM
  2. IN Jamie Meadows (20) - Indianapolis IN, 1993
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-15-2010, 08:56 PM

Tags for this Thread