1303 users online (239 members and 1064 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    In that article it says she shared the room with 2 other women. So none came by that day or 2 days and lived there??. Again odd. I think this guys a friend of one of these women. Maybe even maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by oldwindow View Post
    In that article it says she shared the room with 2 other women. So none came by that day or 2 days and lived there??. Again odd. I think this guys a friend of one of these women. Maybe even maintenance.
    She lived alone, but previously shared an apartment with two female roommates.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    She lived alone, but previously shared an apartment with two female roommates.
    Hi all, i've been following but lurking. I lived in this area a few years before Carmen. I don't remember those apartments by name but if they are the ones I think, I lived across Harcourt. Just wanted to mention that my roomate and I had some trouble being harrassed by landscape workers. I'm talking obscene phone calls at late hours, disgustingly obscene. There were lots of 20 something guys around working most of the week days.

Thank you for the clear up ,the writer writes like its all included a that date and time, (sigh). But I have a question, where these women living there previously or was this before she moved.

Quote Originally Posted by meanmaryjean View Post
    No, the old Humana Hospital is now the St. Vincent Women's Hospital and is on Township Line Road, a few blocks to the west. It houses their thriving maternity center and Indiana's largest Neonatal ICU (75+ beds). I sometimes float over there when Peyton Manning's census is low.
    St Vs didn't take it over and change it to Women's until probably 10 years after the murder and it was called Humana before then. Humana was definitely there at the time of the murder--I have been to the facility many times both when it was Humana and Women's.

Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    No, please don't say anything more here. I sure hope someone among this "circle of friends" has shared his/her suspicions with LE, however.

I think the meeting was planned. She probably had some idea what time she'd be home, and if the guy showed up early, he just waited in the parking lot knowing she'd be along soon. I wonder if she made any phone calls from the hospital or her father's house. Or from her cell phone, if she had one.
    I don't think cell phones were around or ubiquitous for teenagers in 1993. I remember my dad had a huge big big car phone in those days lol. Beepers and pagers were still the norm for anyone in the late 1990s and kids could get kicked out of school because they were also associated with drug dealers. Cell phones started becoming popular ~2000 and I had my first one at 2002. Maybe some in late 1990s but I think 1993 is too early.

Whoever she met was either:

1) a planned meeting ... in which case it should be expected that she was dictating the time to leave the hospital with her family (in order to get back home in time)

2) someone she ran into while picking up carry-out or some other way ... most likely a former friend or boyfriend or acquaintance (as you suggested, maybe even someone she briefly saw in a new light)

3) a neighbor

Maybe she could have got home and called someone from a land-line to make plans ... but that's kind of tight on time whether that could all happen and go get dinner and come back by the time the witnesses gave.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarika View Post
    I have a feeling (no logical reason for it) that this was committed 1) by someone in the building
    I don't think it was committed by someone in the building. The killer ran down the stairs and out the door, suggesting they were agitated and in a hurry to get away from the scene. Someone in that mindset will not be thinking with clear and sound mind, they will be acting on instinct. And I think if they lived in the building, their instinct would have made them quietly sneak into the safety of their apartment and then try to begin disposing of evidence from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    I don't think cell phones were around or ubiquitous for teenagers in 1993. I remember my dad had a huge big big car phone in those days lol. Beepers and pagers were still the norm for anyone in the late 1990s and kids could get kicked out of school because they were also associated with drug dealers. Cell phones started becoming popular ~2000 and I had my first one at 2002. Maybe some in late 1990s but I think 1993 is too early.

Whoever she met was either:

1) a planned meeting ... in which case it should be expected that she was dictating the time to leave the hospital with her family (in order to get back home in time)

2) someone she ran into while picking up carry-out or some other way ... most likely a former friend or boyfriend or acquaintance (as you suggested, maybe even someone she briefly saw in a new light)

3) a neighbor

Maybe she could have got home and called someone from a land-line to make plans ... but that's kind of tight on time whether that could all happen and go get dinner and come back by the time the witnesses gave.
    <rsbm>

You're absolutely correct. I had to think about it for awhile. I actually had one of those funny looking phones in my car from 1989-90 until about 1996 when I got my first cell phone. My husband had the portable one that he could carry around in a big, clunky case.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Ven said neighbor it makes perfect sense. I have a question was note hand written or like policy written( typed_). Why didn't they go in side the apartment?

I remember a abuse case where the next door neighbor heard screaming all night, and the management staff went there and open the doors with maintenance to check out the place. Found the wife beaten on the floors.

I remember the guy clearly telling me that management staff go with maitenance to check on people after noise claims. They go in to talk to the Apartment leasor then leave a note or have them sign a some papers for the violation. Sometime they enter if its more than once incident or all night noise claim sometimes with police assistance. The note is professionally typed in housing policy. not hand written.

A hand written note is no good, its not a official note from housing management unless typed and has the signature of management. I see a lot holes in this case. or leads.

"...an ex-boyfriend suspected by friends also was traveling and not in Indianapolis." (He also was ruled out by DNA, according to the article.)

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/c...-huss/7903283/

I'm hesitant to bring this up because the guy's been cleared. How did he and Carmen break up? Was he holding a grudge against her? I can't help but wonder why friends suspected him. I assume he was a jealous/possessive type, and/or had a history of violent behavior. Sometimes birds of a feather flock together, and I question whether the killer had a connection to the ex-boyfriend.

• A friend of the ex-bf would be familiar, someone Carmen wouldn't be afraid to allow in her apartment.
    • The hypothetical friend might have been fixated on Carmen while she was going out with the ex-bf.
    • If ex-bf felt he'd been wronged by Carmen, those feelings would have been relayed to the friend. Friend would have had little respect for Carmen.
    • If hypothetical friend underwent a sudden upset in his life -- fired from a job, dumped by a gf -- and then had a chance meeting with Carmen, the rest might have played out on the night Carmen van Huss was murdered.

JMO
    Last edited by bessie; 08-03-2014 at 04:49 PM.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

How recently had they broken up? Maybe she had a very close male friend in her immediate circle that was a shoulder to cry on. He developed a long-held crush on her and as soon as she was no longer in a relationship, he tried to get with her, and when she rejected him then he lost it and got violent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    How recently had they broken up? Maybe she had a very close male friend in her immediate circle that was a shoulder to cry on. He developed a long-held crush on her and as soon as she was no longer in a relationship, he tried to get with her, and when she rejected him then he lost it and got violent.
    I don't think she was crying on anyone's shoulder, though, because she had a current bf.

JMO, but if one would cast a wide net among CVH's circle within circles of friends and acquaintances, the snag would catch on the wimpiest of them all. Twenty-one years later, the twerp probably is being bossed around by a domineering wife, and secretly getting off on the horrid act he committed all those years ago.

Last edited by bessie; 08-04-2014 at 01:26 AM.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Yes, I see your point and it is a good deduction. However, perhaps he lived in building and ran out just to get away from the scene. Or if someone heard or was watching, would think he didn't live in the building. I don't think I would run to my apartment after committing a horrendous crime like this. I would want to get as far away from the crime as possible and establish some sort of alibi. I don't think an apartment dweller can be fully cleared but I see your point. Additionally, i would like to know how reliable the person was who purportedly gave this info to LE.

I don't think it someone they(her friends) knew. I think it some one she knew that was friendly with. Someone like a co- worker, a maintenance worker at the apartment place. Maybe an Apt management staff person. Some one who see's you everyday or almost everyday. We have to keep in mind she went on a date with the guy, brought him home.

She look like the type to that go to coffee shops, or bars, maybe she met a guy at the library. This guy was on the side of the current boyfriend . She talked to him in way enough to trust him in her home that night. A lot of women have male friends on the side.. maybe not sexually but in a friendship way. a talking issues way..

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast