1013 users online (213 members and 800 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Does/did that complex do short term rentals for families of patients at St. Vs?

Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    Thanks for the link, JFE. So that would rule out Larry Dewayne Hall. It also rules out other known killers, and could mean either the killer got very smart, or died before he re-offended. Or, in an evidence room somewhere sits a bio sample waiting to be profiled that just might be a match.

Fifty plus stab wounds...no words for that.
    FBI profilers say that means it was personal. A rebuffed suitor.

Quote Originally Posted by toetag View Post
    FBI profilers say that means it was personal. A rebuffed suitor.
    Yes, I know. But sadistic lust/rage killers (e.g, Carl "Coral" Watts) sometimes use similar violence (piquerism) against random victims. In this particular case -- judging solely from the few facts we know -- I can see a rebuffed suitor, but not someone with a close personal association to the victim.

JMO

----------
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by :+:MrTT:+: View Post
    If the studio apartment is as most were and some still are to this day. Depending on the size and how much you wanted to pay. There very small, the bed would be pulled out of the wall and then put back in the wall. As far as laundry, studios at the time, small ones did-not have washer and dryer or hookups, you had to use the ones on site.........Wish we knew if her uniform was actually washed that evening............And maybe we can find out about the other murder. The one found in the laundry room on site at another apartment complex in the 90s, Trying to remember if that one was loved or still unsolved. It could be important.

If these studios at the time were as I imagine them being, And they heard get off me get off coming from the room. They probably heard more than that!!.......Studios here are very close by each other, and if someone speaks loud enough or closes a door or run water if its quite in your studio you can hear these sounds.
    Hello, :+:MrTT:+:! I'm glad you joined the thread. I thought you were from the area (remembered that from Lauren Spierer's case). Thank you for the information on the apartments. I had an efficiency apartment like that, myself, when I was about Carmen's age (100 years ago ). It had a free-standing bed, but otherwise was similar to what you described. That's why the laundry room scenario seems plausible to me.
    Last edited by bessie; 06-19-2014 at 02:40 AM.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by BethAnn777 View Post
    I hadn't even looked at the visitor angle. For some reason I envisioned them coming into the apartment together from outside. Why I thought that I don't know...
    <rsbm>

This is why.

About 11 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. neighbors heard her walk up the hall to her apartment in what was then the Turtle Creek North Apartments in the 8200 block of Harcourt Road, just south of St. Vincent Hospital. She was with a man; the two were talking and laughing, neighbors said later.
    http://www.indystar.com/story/news/c...-huss/7903283/
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

I'd like to formally welcome Detective Sgt. William Carter of the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department, a/k/a member "willcarter".

Thank you for bringing Carmen's case to our attention, Detective Carter. I sincerely hope in some small way we can help to bring her murder to a resolution.

And, on that note...

If you know something:

Call Detective William Carter or Detective David Ellison at (317) 327-3426.
    OR
    ...call Central Indiana Crime Stoppers at 800-222-8477 under Crime Stoppers Case #130705.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Thank you bessie.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMissContrary View Post
    OK, So I don't know how they were able to determine the food wrappers and beer bottles were from the night of the murder and not older. If they were from that evening, did they find a receipt. If not, did LE interview the employees at the fast food place to find out if Carmen had been seen? What time was the food purchased? Did Carmen have any of the remnants of this food in her stomach at time of autopsy?

Carmen is not 21, so if the beer receptacles were from the night she was killed, the person is probably over 21. (granted, there are numerous scenarios where underage people acquire alcohol)

ETA: Sorry BethAnn, I did not see you already asked the question about the employees being questioned.
    By Carmen's stomach contents and tox screen would be my guess. As for the employees, I have an idea they were questioned, but it would be nice to know for certain that the guy at the apartment wasn't someone she ran into at Taco Bell (or wherever).
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by LR1 View Post
    Pardon my snipping,

I can't seem find this info in the articles posted, Am I missing a article or video or something?
    This article mentions the number of stab wounds.

http://wishtv.com/2014/04/19/48-hour...lis-cold-case/
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

This article mentions the number of stab wounds.

Thanks Bessie, I missed that, my bad.

The neighbor heard them entering, Carmen saying "get off of me" and someone egressing, but no mention of the sound of someone starting a vehicle and pulling off.

To help round out what we're allowed to know I'll throw out a few questions...

How long had she lived there?

Is this the same apartment that she shared with the other girls that's mentioned in the article?

Did she work that Monday?

Quote Originally Posted by LR1 View Post
    Pardon my snipping,

I can't seem find this info in the articles posted, Am I missing a article or video or something?

"Carmen Van Huss was killed in her apartment on Harcourt Road in 1993. She was raped and then stabbed more than 50 times. No one has been held responsible for the crime."

There are also videos at that link. It's from the 48 Hours broadcast.

Yes, I know. But sadistic lust/rage killers (e.g, Carl "Coral" Watts) sometimes use similar violence (piquerism) against random victims. In this particular case -- judging solely from the few facts we know -- I can see a rebuffed suitor, but not someone with a close personal association to the victim.

JMO

----------
    I agree. I also think that it is possible for a person to develop a one sided relationship with someone they've never met, or have only a slight acquaintance with. For example, a man who lives in close proximity to a woman, begins to exaggerate each encounter with her as having more significance than it really does. He might see this as a relationship of sorts and when she rejects his advances he loses it.

I see this perp as having abandonment issues, perhaps his mother was in and out of his life for periods of time, he appears relatively normal on the surface, has a disarming boyish charm, fairly tall and lanky, dark brown hair with a slightly tousled look, large hands with fingers on the slender side, large narrow feet, pale complexion.

Of course it's my own opinion, the opinion rental shop was fresh out of borrowed opinions.

I am curious about her co-workers at Pizza Hut. Did the police interview any of the employees? An older manager maybe? I am wondering why Pizza Hut made no attempt to use the emergency contact number when Carmen didn't show up to work? What is their policy in situations where employees don't show up to work?

Of course it's my own opinion, the opinion rental shop was fresh out of borrowed opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMissContrary View Post
    I agree. I also think that it is possible for a person to develop a one sided relationship with someone they've never met, or have only a slight acquaintance with. For example, a man who lives in close proximity to a woman, begins to exaggerate each encounter with her as having more significance than it really does. He might see this as a relationship of sorts and when she rejects his advances he loses it.
    LittleMiss, I think you're spot on. The murderer may be someone Carmen said "Hello" to in passing but maybe the murderer exaggerated the relationship to the point of obession. He may have been dealing with some mental health issues or substance abuse that gave he delusions. But he could have still been "normal" enough to live day to day. I strongly suspect that the murderer is someone who lived in the building or was a frequent visitor (grandson visiting his grandmother or a brother of a tenant who was a temporary resident).

While the 50 stab wounds were a very personal, hands-on method of murder, Carmen may have been a substitute for the real object of his anger. If she rejected his advances, he may have seen it as more rejection/neglect after a lifetime of such treatment. That might be a reason for the horrible "overkill" of 50 stab wounds. The unknown suspect probably has a police record for other crimes against women. Probably also still has mental health issues that are unresolved.
    Last edited by RainyAlaska; 06-19-2014 at 03:58 PM.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast