1239 users online (283 members and 956 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WA - Richard Salzman, 49, murdered, 16yo son charged, Tacoma, 6 June 2014

http://q13fox.com/2014/06/10/boy-cal...#axzz34BZLNKCy

A Tacoma teenager called 911 and said he had killed his dad and buried his body in the backyard of their home, police said.

A body was later found on the property.

Read more: http://q13fox.com/2014/06/10/boy-cal...#ixzz34M0bDOtu

'My dad's outside in a wooden box': Chilling 911 call of teen who 'beat his father to death with a cane and disposed of the body in backyard compost heap'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz354LlfPOY

Oh my goodness......

Now, this is a case where i wonder what the heck had been going on in that house!
    This 16 yr old...has peaked my interest....for so many reasons...

He seems so considerate of his families finances, drinks with his father, super rage filled killing...that seems like was years before things came to a head.
    "Told him to stop" sticks in my head... Wanting to spend time with his remaining family and how he protected them by sending them
    Next door...confessing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

According to the Pierce County Prosecutor’s Office, RS, 16, and his father Richard Salzman, 49, had been drinking at the family home on June 6 while the boy’s mother was attending a party. R’s mother called her husband and the two got into a fight, prompting R to attack his father, prosecutors said.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/...r-hiding-body/

raw audio of the 911 call confession http://www.kirotv.com/videos/news/ra...father/vCfKCG/ I am interested to here more about the "conflicted" past he describes he and his father having.

Teresa Salzman said her uncle was a caring man who would never harm his kids, and he and R had a good relationship.

“He was essentially a father to me and he loved his children and family dearly,” said Teresa Salzman.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/taco...r-death/ngK7C/

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

Reading between the lines, I'm betting there's some major dysfunction going on in that home. "I told him to stop" "We had a conflcted childhood, past" -- the sheer brutality of the attack, it seems like a lot of pent up rage.

The kids called himself in, not wanting people to go to the trouble of a search party, after giving himself a few days longer with his mother and sister.. he acted to protect them from the horror of the police arriving, the body being found.. sure doesn't sound like a sociopathic little monster.

Early days, I suppose. But yeah, I'm betting there really is more to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausgirl View Post
    Reading between the lines, I'm betting there's some major dysfunction going on in that home. "I told him to stop" "We had a conflcted childhood, past" -- the sheer brutality of the attack, it seems like a lot of pent up rage.

The kids called himself in, not wanting people to go to the trouble of a search party, after giving himself a few days longer with his mother and sister.. he acted to protect them from the horror of the police arriving, the body being found.. sure doesn't sound like a sociopathic little monster.

Early days, I suppose. But yeah, I'm betting there really is more to it.

Ditto...I'm intrigued

The dad was drinking with his 16 yr old son?

Teen Calls 911, Says He Killed Dad

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerFan28 View Post
    The dad was drinking with his 16 yr old son?

Yep..that's what the son says.

How sad. I agree, I there must be more to this story.

Tacoma teen charged as adult in murder of father

Pierce County prosecutors have charged a 16-year-old Tacoma boy with second-degree murder for allegedly killing his father with a cane and putting the body in a wooden box.

Salzman was home drinking with his father when he overheard his parents arguing on the phone. He became angry that his father yelled at his mother and confronted the man, who pushed him to the ground. The teen then grabbed a cane and hit his father in the head several times, documents say.

read more .............. http://mynorthwest.com/11/2543894/Ta...rder-of-father

Another reason not to get drunk and hit your kids.

I am hoping for info to come out on the family dynamic.

Teen boys - hormones - alcohol (if true) could have caused this IMO even if this young man and his father did not have a history of violent confrontations in the past.

Young men of this age IME tend to be dealing with feelings of wanting to be recognized as men rather than boys. It is not unusual IME for teen males to have - at some point - a confrontation with the patriarch of the family. A sort of asserting their own manhood. Add in the argument between father and mother and I can see things getting out of hand very quickly even if there is no history of abuse prior from father to teen.

But my spidey senses are tingling, so yeah, I want more info. There could be much more to the story or nothing more than a hormone and alcohol fueled father son confrontation gone horribly awry.

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

This is a case where I would like to see him charged as a juvenile. His post murder behavior shows someone with a conscience and who imo is therefore ripe for rehabilitation. And i am sure there was something going on from his childhood. Who drinks with their 16 year old kid? That is a bright red flag right there.

I guess i will do some wild speculation. Dad threatened mom, has a history of dv (not with le necessarily just privately) and teen was afraid it would happen again when mom came home.

The other notion of hormones works too, i just think it was hormones combined with abuse of some sort, mental physical or sexual that tipped the scales.

FYI, next court appearance is July 16th.

fran

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-911-call.html

Following Rylan's arraignment, his bail was set at $1 million. His next court appearance is scheduled for July 16.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast