GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

marlywings

Former Member
Reaction score
Missing person, Brookfield

April 20, 2012 at 6:01 pm

Police are seeking public assistance to help locate missing 43-year-old woman, Allison Baden-Clay.

Missing-person-Baden-Clay-241x300.jpg

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2012/04/20/missing-person-brookfield/

Body found as search for missing woman Allison Baden-Clay enters 11th day

April 30, 2012 8:06PM

Police strongly suspect the body found this morning is missing Brookfield woman Allison Baden-Clay and are treating the case as a homicide investigation.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-enters-11th-day/story-e6freoof-1226342625074

Confirmed: Body found in creek identified as Allison Baden-Clay

May 01, 2012 6:54PM

A WOMAN'S body found on a creek bank in Brisbane's west has been identified as that of missing mum Allison Baden-Clay.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...lison-baden-clay/story-e6freoof-1226343926997

Gerard Baden-Clay charged with murder

June 13, 2012

Police have charged the husband of slain Brisbane mother Allison Baden-Clay with murder.

Shortly before 6.30pm, Gerard Baden-Clay was driven from Indooroopilly station in an unmarked police car. He was formally charged with murder at the Brisbane watchhouse tonight

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...with-murder-20120613-209z7.html#ixzz33ZIYVvXt

Gerard Baden-Clay to stand trial for murder

March 20, 2013

Before a packed court room on Wednesday morning, Chief Magistrate Brendan Butler ordered Mr Baden-Clay face trial in the Supreme Court

‘‘I'm of the opinion the evidence is sufficient to put the defendant on trial on the offences charged,’’ Mr Butler said.

‘‘It will be for the jury to assess the evidence ...

As Mr Butler formally committed Mr Baden-Clay to stand trial, he asked the 42-year-old real estate agent to stand.

‘‘You are charged that on or about the 19th day of April 2012 at Brisbane in the state of Queensland you murdered Allison June Baden-Clay,’’ Mr Butler said.

‘‘You are further charged that on or about the 19th of April 2012 at Brisbane in the state of Queensland you improperly interfered with a dead human body,’’ Mr Butler said.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-for-murder-20130320-2geno.html#ixzz33Z2Bd99v

Trial Day 1

Trial Days 2 & 3

Reminders:

Derogatory name calling/name changes are not allowed on WS.

No disparaging comments about the accused, the defense team or witnesses

If you have a problem with a post (do not respond) please use the Alert Button (triangle icon) located top right corner of every post. (This translates to....if another member is being a drongo, use the dobber button rather than ear bashing about it on the thread)

Treat opposing views respectfully.

If you have any questions, please PM (private message) a moderator.

Make sure you read & abide by our rules & post responsibly

Rules Etiquette & Information

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I'm not quite sure how I can express my feelings about NBC's answers without using super bad language.

I may calm down soon, and then I'll give my two cents about that twit and his responses.

Snipped by me for brevity and emphasis...

He said the couple seemed to be happily married in 2012.

huh? going to counselling, his daughter in law working at the office because his sons mistress was fired from there because his daughter in law found out about the affair, the three year affair?? I don't know what ' happily married ' would mean in Nige's lexicon of words, but....

Mr Baden-Clay said he did not talk to his son about the state of his real estate business. huh?? according to the books, Gerard owes Nige over $38,000.00 not including the loan the young brother , Adam , gave to Gerard which Nige paid back to Adam and recycled the loan in to his debt Gerard owed him.. didn't talk about it?

In cross-examination by Michael Byrne QC, for Baden-Clay, Mr Baden-Clay said he was employed as a salesperson in his son’s business and also did the accounts for the business. If Nige did the accounts, he wasn't telling Alison of the real state of the red and black lines in the accounts book. And if he really did do the accounts, he must have known, he couldn't possibly have not known of the state of that business in regards to income and outgo. Not possible for him not to have known. He must have known the extent of Gerards borrowings and payments , if any..

“They didn’t readily share with us any aspects of their marriage or their relationship,” he said.But Gerard did.. he sent an email to everyone in the office, that includes NBC and EBC in regard to Toni's sacking, and the reason for it.. so certainly, Gerard shared a whole lot of aspects of his marriage with Dad and Mum.

I think from previous reading, that Allison had a close relationship with her sister, parents and close friend, why would she confide in her mother in law, sooooooooo I am not sure that part is truthful and if it was, why isn't EBC testifying to that, I expect that should be considered hearsay?

It's a shame the end of the day interrupted Nigel's testimony as now the family has three days to "debrief" and recalibrate.

Alioop, did you think the prosecutor would have led with roundabout questioning or deliberately deferred it or will we - please say no - never hear about that roundabout?

Does anyone know ( ? Alioop ) if there any restrictions on NBC, seeing his is in the middle of giving evidence ( ie has to stay holed up in motel etc till Monday ) ???

I know that, when I was a witness in a coroners case that there was a lunch break in between my evidence & I was instructed that I couldn't talk to anyone (certainly anyone else who was yet to give evidence ) The only people I could talk to was the barristers etc

I think from previous reading, that Allison had a close relationship with her sister, parents and close friend, why would she confide in her mother in law, sooooooooo I am not sure that part is truthful and if it was, why isn't EBC testifying to that, I expect that should be considered hearsay?

Totally agree.

I feel the same I dont believe this for a minute. :banghead:

Mr Baden-Clay said on the afternoon of Thursday, April 19, 2012 his son dropped by his home at Durness St with some sausages for a barbecue they had planned.

He said his son returned about 5pm or 5.30pm for the barbecue and told him his wife would not be coming.

He said his son left the house with his girls in the Prado he usually drove around 6.30pm

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...ing-wife-allison/story-fnii5v70-1226951597398

What time was he on the phone to TM? She said he was buying the snags then didnt she, or do I have it wrong?

Cant see bedtime being 6:30pm when GBC left the BWANAs at that time

Found it in TMs first statement..between 5-5:30pm

that whole statement by NBC just doesn't ring true to me either.. he doesn't remember the doctors name, .. I just cant see Alison ringing Elaine about a problem like this.. .. these are the people who decided to back Toni, who, while Alison was still missing, lost in the bush, gone, arranged to use a covert phone ( according to the police statements who did even more covert phone taps) assisted Gerard in his contact with Ms McHugh...

Their treatment of Alison seemed to be a long term thing..

since the business partners of Gerard were not fooled by the Toni/Gerard thing, it was so obvious to them, I find it hard to believe that Nige and Elaine didn't know about that for years and kept quiet..

I wanted to reply to UnfoldingTruth's post on the previous thread in regard to NBC correcting the pronunciation of GBC's name.

I think the operative word here is "christened". NBC was trying to use a bit of psychology by getting across that his son was a good 'christian' boy and would never do anything wrong. Phttt! Truth be known NBC probably calls GBC "boy".

Originally Posted by Amee
4.10pm: The 27th witness in the trial is Gerard Baden-Clay’s father, Nigel Baden-Clay.

Mr Baden-Clay corrected Crown prosecutor Todd Fuller QC when he mispronounced Gerard’s name. “We christened him Gerard,” he said.

Originally posted by UnfoldingTruth

Sniped and bolded by me respectively

I am completely dumbfounded by this. REALLY? does it really actually matter right at this point in time- giving witness testimony of your son in his murder trial of his wife..how they pronounce his name-I don't know- would you really bother correcting the crown prosceutor on the pronounciation of your sons name? To me it shows either complete arrogance or he really is out of touch with the reality and gravity of the situation..maybe both. MOO

Thanks for all the updates today everyone. Not sure how I'm going to keep up with it all over the next 3 weeks. Have spent forever now trying to catch up on just todays proceedings, lol. I know it doesn't look like they are getting the hard stuff yet- but I really feel its all about establishing the case at the moment and the hard stuff is still to unfold.

need a break.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 11th -12th June - Trial Days 2 & 3

Mr Baden-Clay said on the afternoon of Thursday, April 19, 2012 his son dropped by his home at Durness St with some sausages for a barbecue they had planned.

He said his son returned about 5pm or 5.30pm for the barbecue and told him his wife would not be coming.

He said his son left the house with his girls in the Prado he usually drove around 6.30pm

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...ing-wife-allison/story-fnii5v70-1226951597398

What time was he on the phone to TM? She said he was buying the snags then didnt she, or do I have it wrong?

Cant see bedtime being 6:30pm when GBC left the BWANAs at that time

Found it in TMs first statement..between 5-5:30pm

Yep Amee, I'm onto that! Will have some quotes up shortly.

Does anyone know ( ? Alioop ) if there any restrictions on NBC, seeing his is in the middle of giving evidence ( ie has to stay holed up in motel etc till Monday ) ???

I know that, when I was a witness in a coroners case that there was a lunch break in between my evidence & I was instructed that I couldn't talk to anyone (certainly anyone else who was yet to give evidence ) The only people I could talk to was the barristers etc

You can bet the farm that they are all reading online tonight. :seeya:

I just saw the post that says it starts again Monday. I didn't know they only do 3 days how disappointing.

I just saw the post that says it starts again Monday. I didn't know they only do 3 days how disappointing.

Only three days this week as Monday was a public holiday. There should be four days next week.

I am so, so angry about Bwana's comments.

Everything in his testimony was belittling of Allison.
I have come across this 'type' before.

HE, Mr Nigel Gerard Arden (Baden-) Clay thought that his son Gerard pronounced Jerred had married below his station !

I will say no more until I have had a glass of wine....! So as not to be modsnipped !

:tantrum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members