1194 users online (219 members and 975 guests)  

Websleuths News

CA - Bobby Pearson, 37, freed by jury's error, fatally stabbed, Fresno, 11 June 2014

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...612-story.html

<snipped>
    Less than an hour after being released, at 12:52 a.m. Thursday, Fresno police say, his sisterís boyfriend fatally stabbed him in the torso and head when he showed up at her home to pick up his belongings.
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

CA - Man killed after jury mistakenly set him free, Fresno

Man freed in jury mistake killed; suspect arrested
    http://wtxf.m0bl.net/r/1x9q7c

FRESNO, Calif. (AP) - A burglary defendant who won his freedom because of a jury's mistake lost his life a few hours later when he was stabbed to death in a fight.

The jury in the trial of Bobby Lee Pearson, 37, mistakenly signed a not-guilty form Wednesday, and the flabbergasted judge said he had no choice but to order him to be released from jail because the verdict had already been put on the record.

It was too late when the judge finally learned that the jury was unable to reach a verdict, stalling on an 8-4 vote in favor of guilt. Prosecutors might have had an opportunity to retry Pearson, but by then, changing the verdict form would have exposed Pearson to double jeopardy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

I guess justice was served.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

Im not sure wether burglary deserves death. I need to read the article.

Man killed after jury mistakenly set him free

I'm really starting to believe that the justice system needs professional, qualified, reasonably intelligent jurors.
    There needs to be some sort of intelligence qualification an IQ test would be lovely. the higher the IQ, the better.
    Need to weed out the sheep...

IMO

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    I'm really starting to believe that the justice system needs professional, qualified, reasonably intelligent jurors.
    There needs to be some sort of intelligence qualification an IQ test would be lovely. the higher the IQ, the better.

IMO

Think Casey Anthony. And Frigga, I didn't mean that to sound like he deserved the DP, although, after reading it again, that's EXACTLY what it sounded like lol. Hugs.

ETA. I resisted and fought against the DP for the man that killed my brother and his wife. That's just not who I am.
    Last edited by Tulessa; 06-13-2014 at 01:59 PM.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

IMO too! I say this whenever I can. professionally trained juries!!!!!!!! Thanks button was not enough. YAY!!!!!
    "A word after a word after a word is power."
    ~Margaret Atwood~

IMO

Wouldn't have mattered, it was a hung jury anyway, not a conviction.

And in any case, neither lawyers nor prosecution want educated people on the jury, since those are much harder to sway with an emotional argument, and both sides will want to do that.

IMO

I agree one hundred percent.

wow, Karma anyone?
    However, I don't blame the jury. I've been on quite a few and some of the instruction sheets are very complicated.
    MOO