1112 users online (223 members and 889 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

ID - Eldon Farris, 27, Kamiah, 7 June 2014

Eldon Farris (This picture was the last one ever taken of 27-year-old Eldon Farris.)

Missing Kamiah man was last seen leaving Kamiah Hotel last Saturday

KAMIAH, ID -
    Friends and family are asking for the public's help finding a young man who went missing almost a week ago. Reporter Sophia Miraglio has the heartfelt plea from a mother. "He would not go this long without contacting anyone, his children are the single most important thing in his life and in his world," said mother of EJ Connie Snyder. Eldon was last seen Saturday morning at about 1:30 a.m. leaving the Kamiah Hotel bar. "I viewed it on the surveillance video, he has not been seen or heard from since," said mother Connie Snyder. Family and friends said he would never just up and leave. With no answers at this time, mother Connie Snyder is fearing the worst.
    http://www.klewtv.com/news/local/a-m...263055601.html
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

whoever created the facebook page for him yesterday needs to make sure they identify that it's not actually him who is running it - could potentially cause confusion down the road

He was supposed to be headed home to Woodland but never arrived. He is six feet tall and about 180 pounds. He has brown hair and blue eyes. He has a tattoo of two redtailed hawk feathers on his upper right arm. Farris drives a bronze colored 2002 Ford Windstar with Idaho County plates.

https://www.clearwaterprogress.com/c...ssing-man.html

http://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/art...ho-5575050.php

A decomposed body near a crash site in northern Idaho is being investigated as a homicide.

Nez Perce Tribal Police officers found the body Friday after receiving a report of a crashed van in the bottom of a canyon about seven miles northeast of Kamiah. The person's identity or cause of death couldn't immediately be determined.

Police Chief David Rogers tells the Lewiston Tribune that the van belongs to Eldon J. Farris of Kamiah.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...9129465&type=1

According to a press release from Nez Perce Tribal Police, Eldon "EJ" Farris' vehicle was found at the bottom of a 540-foot cliff on Woodland Road approximately seven miles from Kamiah after individuals searching for car parts came upon the van... As a search of the area started, a body was immediately discovered some distance from the van’s location...

Because of the unusual circumstances and information that developed during the investigation of Farris’ disappearance, the FBI was notified, according to Rogers. "The FBI have jurisdiction on felony crimes occurring on Indian land or against tribal members."

sadly this needs to be moved to the Located forum. I didnt want this to be true but they have already ruled this as a homicide? Was the crash to cover up the death?
    "I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night"

sleuthing my way around since '12 trying to find justice for all the missing and murdered

Quote Originally Posted by hlegate View Post
    sadly this needs to be moved to the Located forum. I didnt want this to be true but they have already ruled this as a homicide? Was the crash to cover up the death?
    That's what I'm wondering. Did the van show evidence of being rammed and run off the road? How could they tell after it fell 540 feet? Or was there something about the remains that looked suspicious? Again, after falling 540 feet and two weeks of decomp, how could they tell?

Maybe they're just treating it as a homicide until it can be definitively ruled out?

Quote Originally Posted by OkieGranny View Post
    That's what I'm wondering. Did the van show evidence of being rammed and run off the road? How could they tell after it fell 540 feet? Or was there something about the remains that looked suspicious? Again, after falling 540 feet and two weeks of decomp, how could they tell?

Maybe they're just treating it as a homicide until it can be definitively ruled out?
    gunshot was my first thought.

sleuthing my way around since '12 trying to find justice for all the missing and murdered

Pic of the van from the Big Country News link above:

Yeah, possibly...

agree. something that would not be consistent with a crash. or maybe a specific part of the car that was obviously tampered with

Quote Originally Posted by OkieGranny View Post
    Pic of the van from the Big Country News link above:

I dont know much about accidents but my goodness. It looks like just a frame. Was it burnt out?

I dont know much about accidents but my goodness. It looks like just a frame. Was it burnt out?
    I dunno. The color was reportedly bronze to begin with and it looks more like silver or gray in the pic and still kind of shiny, but I'd expect it to look dull and blackened and splotchy if it had burned.

looks like it was torched to destroy any evidence. probably set on fire then pushed off the cliff. could be why they ruled it a homicide so quickly.

jnTexas is offline Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)
    must be evidence on the body to lead them to think homicide. That vehicle is a mangled mess.

Assuming this is Eldon, but let's wait for confirmation before moving this one. How sad. Results are expected back today.

Autopsy will determine if decomposed body found near van is missing Kamiah man

Investigators are waiting on autopsy results after a body was found in Kamiah late Friday night.

[snip]

Rogers said the body was removed on Sunday and taken to Boise for an autopsy. Because of the unusual circumstances surrounding E.J. Farris disappearance two weeks ago, detectives are suspicious of foul play but aren't ruling out an accident. Autopsy results are expected back on Tuesday.

http://www.klewtv.com/news/local/aut...264413121.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast