905 users online (121 members and 784 guests)  

Websleuths News

Doctor accused of falsely diagnosing skin cancer-Yet he's STILL Practicing!!!!!!!!

FEDERAL ACCUSATIONS: 25 counts of health care fraud. 25 counts of making false statements. Performed "medically unnecessary" surgeries. Operated on one patient 122 times

From 1996 through last June, the indictment says, Rosin schemed to "deceive his patients" into thinking they needed cancer operations so he could bill the Medicare program for their treatment. He is accused of illegally collecting at least $3.2-million in Medicare payments.

In one case, FBI agents found, Rosin based his diagnosis on a slide that contained chewing gum, not human tissue.

In another case, the FBI said, a lab technician decided to test Rosin by substituting a sliver of Styrofoam for a tissue sample. After examining the slide, Rosin told the patient that her cancer was "very aggressive" and that she needed surgery the next day.

Rosin is still performing surgery and is still in the Medicare program. Neither the Florida Board of Medicine nor the state Health Department has taken any action against him; prospective patients checking him out on the department's Web site would find that his license remains "clear/active."

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/06/12/St...l_practi.shtml

I have been angry about the Medical Licensing Board for a long time. The President of the US complained about the number and high cost of medical lawsuits, but here we have a medical board run totally by doctors who seem to have a "one for all and all for one" creed. Doctors get convicted of crimes, have repeated lawsuits, cause all kinds of suffering and still they retain their licenses. Which gives them the opportunity to cause even more suffering. The licensing board should consist of not only doctors, but a number of non-medical people so that the people who will be treated by these "professionals" will be represented.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    I have been angry about the Medical Licensing Board for a long time. The President of the US complained about the number and high cost of medical lawsuits, but here we have a medical board run totally by doctors who seem to have a "one for all and all for one" creed. Doctors get convicted of crimes, have repeated lawsuits, cause all kinds of suffering and still they retain their licenses. Which gives them the opportunity to cause even more suffering. The licensing board should consist of not only doctors, but a number of non-medical people so that the people who will be treated by these "professionals" will be represented.

I agree- This case is not unusual!! It happens all the time!!

I agree! It DOES happen all the time. Doctors are untouchable no matter what they do. "Frivolous" malpractice suits are a total myth. They have had to practically kill someone to enable a lawyer to sue them. And sometime that is not even enough.

Forget the Medical Boards - they are not going to reprimand their own kind. Just like the State Bar with attorneys. Both go out of their way to protect their own kind.