1479 users online (280 members and 1199 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Kelly......prayers for you and your family today. I think of Jason all the time and I know how you all must be feeling today.

Sending my hugs......loves and prayers to you all.

xxxxxxxoooo
    mama

Bumping for Kelly, her family, her friends and JASON
    /

"Would some power the Giftee gie us To see ourselves as others see us" R.Burns

Prayers for Kelly and her family

Kelly, I too think of Jason all the time. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Heard anything else at all Kelly? Can't they give you a time when they will or can let you know SOMETHING? My prayers are with you and your family and friends ... wish I were close enough to give you a huge hug
    /

Hello all,

I just found out from media reports that the human remains found in Omaha on Feb. 17th are not that of my son, Jason Jolkowski. I just wanted to thank all of you for your prayers and support during this time of waiting.

The remains were identified as Michael O' Connor, missing from Omaha for one year. This was our case, and we worked with his wife to offer awareness and support. Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers as they deal with this difficult answer.

Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
    President and Founder,
    Project Jason
    http://www.projectjason.org
    Read our Voice for the Missing Blog
    http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/

http://www.wowt.com/news/headlines/15955062.html

Remains Identified As Missing Omaha Man
    Michael O'Connor disappeared last February

Posted: 5:56 PM Feb 25, 2008

Human remains found near the Veterans Memorial Bridge February 17th have been identified as an Omaha man missing for a year.

Michael O’Connor was 40 years old when last seen on video surveillance walking from a parking garage at 13th and Farnam on February 13, 2007.

He had dropped his wife off at work and then headed to his own job. He arrived, parked his car and vanished.

An autopsy done last week by the Douglas County Coroner’s Office was inconclusive. After further forensic examination, the remains were identified as those of O’Connor.

A human skull was discovered under the bridge near Gibson Road and Missouri Avenue. Detectives responding to the scene located additional skeletal remains.

Anyone with information regarding this case is urged to contact the Homicide Unit at 444-5656.

"He was also just laid back, very easy going, joked around with everybody and everybody liked him," former co-worker Laurie Venditte told Channel 6 News two weeks ago for a story about O'Connor.

Venditte said it was out of character for him. "It still just flabbergasts us to think he just walked away."

Pictures were posted all over the metro and searches were organized. Those efforts came up empty and police had no leads so O'Connor's family hired a private investigator.

That investigator told Channel 6 that O'Connor left his parents in Louisiana years ago. He bounced around the country landing in Colorado where he had a girlfriend, a baby and steady job. But he didn't stay and ended up in Omaha.

O'Connor was employed by Vocational Rehabilitation in Omaha for three years and was married for seven. His wife told Channel 6 News earlier this month, "I'm just trying to do the best I can to move on. In my heart I don't believe Michael is still alive."

OH gosh thank you for the update kelly. prayers as always to everyone.

I'll keep this family in my prayers.

Kelly, thank you for updating us. I will keep Michael's wife and all in the O'Connor family in my prayers tonight.

Lion

Mixed emotions....thinking of you all.

Kelly, this is so bittersweet. So sad for the O'Connors, but so glad hope is still alive for Jason. Much love to you as we continue to wait with and support you in waiting for Jason. I just know that someday the answers will come.

I agree with Englishleigh and Christine. The emotions are mixed and are bittersweet. Thankfully Mrs. Oconnor doesn't have to wonder if her husband "wandered off" to another life somewhere else; thankfully there is still hope for Jason, only we still don't know!

(((((((Kelly & family)))))))

Quote Originally Posted by englishleigh View Post
    Kelly, this is so bittersweet. So sad for the O'Connors, but so glad hope is still alive for Jason. Much love to you as we continue to wait with and support you in waiting for Jason. I just know that someday the answers will come.
    englishleigh said it better than I could. My thoughts and prayers are still with you and your family.

Kelly

My prayers to the O'Conner family

Prayers to you and to you family also. I know the emotional rollercoaster must be so difficult, wanting answers but dreading them at the same time.

Jason will be found someday...he will come home to you. I truly believe this with my whole heart.
    /

Hi,
    I just want to say my prayers are with you and your family. This is the best group of people in the world to have on your son's case, and they will help you find the answers your family needs.

Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast