KFC employee allegedly asks little girl to leave Jackson restaurant

HMSHood

Admiral-Class Battlecruiser
Reaction score
KFC employee allegedly asks little girl to leave Jackson restaurant
http://www.wbtv.com/story/25772121/kfc-responds-to-fb-post-about

JACKSON, MS (Mississippi News Now/AP) -

The community has come together to support a young girl who was allegedly bullied at a local KFC.

The controversy started with a post on the Facebook Page Victoria's Victories.

It read: 'Does this face look scary to you? Last week at KFC in Jackson, MS this precious face was asked to leave because her face scared the other diners. I personally will never step foot in another KFC again and will be personally writing the CEO.'

The post was commented on and shared hundreds of times. Most couldn't believe that anyone would say that about Victoria, who was injured in a pit bull attack just a few months ago.

Pretty messed up. Never really liked KFC.

This just infuriates me to no end!!! I cannot even express how angry I am. What about this child's feelings??? What about the parents feelings??

I hope that employee was fired 10 times over! Who complained? What would they have said about one of our returning war veterans who had been burned and was scarred?

I'm sorry. This is a child who is probably very sensitive to her appearance and some has the very nerve to ask that she leave???

KFC is nothing but a pile of grease and filthy anyway, so I am not surprised!

Popeyes is the place for chicken! I highly doubt she would have been asked to leave there, or most anyplace else for that matter!

GB you, Victoria!

MOO

I saw this on my local news last night. It's hard to believe, until I realized what area that is in. It used to be nice but it's now an area that I will not go to at all. That's all I should say. That kind of ignorance is certainly not what I would consider normal for the general area. Of course, that is obviously an exception.

I hope KFC terminated the employee or at least will take a look at what is going on in that location. This little girl needs kindness and love. She is absolutely precious, in spite of her recent scars.

Oh, good grief. The sheer meanness of some people never ceases to surprise me.

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/KFC-probes-whether-scarred-girl-asked-to-leave-263265181.html

KFC says it's investigating allegations that a restaurant employee in Jackson, Miss., asked a 3-year-old to leave because her facial injuries disturbed other patrons. The girl's family posted about the incident on a page dedicated to following her recovery. KFC is now giving $30,000 toward Victoria Wilcher's medical bills.

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/KFC-probes-whether-scarred-girl-asked-to-leave-263265181.html

"As soon as we were notified of this report on Friday, we immediately began an investigation, as this kind of hurtful and disrespectful action would not be tolerated by KFC," spokesman Rick Maynard wrote Sunday in an email to The Associated Press. "Regardless of the outcome of our investigation, we have apologized to Victoria's family and are committed to assisting them. The company is making a $30,000 donation to assist with her medical bills. The entire KFC family is behind Victoria.

I don't believe this incident happened.

(I mean I really do not think this happened.)

There are MSM articles with pictures of the little girl's face.
Young pitbull victim’s family stunned by restaurant’s request

Posted: 1:31 p.m. Monday, June 16, 2014
KTVU and AP Wires
JACKSON, Miss. —
KFC Corp. says it's investigating allegations that a restaurant employee in Jackson, Mississippi, asked a 3-year-old to leave because her facial injuries disturbed other patrons.
The company is also giving $30,000 toward Victoria Wilcher's medical bills, a spokesman said Sunday. more at link: http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/young-pitbull-victims-family-stunned-restaurants-r/ngMHb/

I have always preferred KFC to Popeye's chicken! Good for them for supporting this little girl! Go KFC!

Poor little girl. I hope she is too young to remember this ever happened to her.

There are MSM articles with pictures of the little girl's face.
Young pitbull victim’s family stunned by restaurant’s request

Posted: 1:31 p.m. Monday, June 16, 2014
KTVU and AP Wires
JACKSON, Miss. —
KFC Corp. says it's investigating allegations that a restaurant employee in Jackson, Mississippi, asked a 3-year-old to leave because her facial injuries disturbed other patrons.
The company is also giving $30,000 toward Victoria Wilcher's medical bills, a spokesman said Sunday. more at link: http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/young-pitbull-victims-family-stunned-restaurants-r/ngMHb/

I have always preferred KFC to Popeye's chicken! Good for them for supporting this little girl! Go KFC!

I didn't mean that I don't believe the little girl was mauled by pit bulls in her grandfather's yard. What I don't believe is the grandmother's story about the incident in the KFC. It doesn't ring true to me and has not been corroborated by anyone else, no customers or other employees.

I didn't mean that I don't believe the little girl was mauled by pit bulls in her grandfather's yard. What I don't believe is the grandmother's story about the incident in the KFC. It doesn't ring true to me and has not been corroborated by anyone else, no customers or other employees.
Do you think the grandmother has a grudge against the employee or is trying to scam KFC? Why else would they be offering $30,000 to the victim's family if they didn't think it happened?

Thanks for posting this. I, too, have my doubts. I was waiting to comment until the whole story came out...because there is probably more to it. (Remember the story of the gay server who said she was discriminated against, and then it all came out (no pun intended!) that it was a hoax? While I don't wish to accuse the girl's family of anything, I'm just going to wait, a bit, to see if anything else comes to light.

Were there cameras in the restaurant? Now these companies are so jittery about public relations. Kfc willing to give 30g when their investigation is not complete.

Something is wrong with this story. Jmo

ciao

I am also skeptical. Sorry.

The first thing that made me feel a little uneasy was learning that Victoria (bless her little heart) is on a feeding tube.

Grandma's own words:

"I ordered a large sweet tea and her some mashed potatoes and gravy because she was hungry"

"She was on a feeding tube at the time, but I figured she could just swallow (the potatoes).

Grandma "figured" she could just swallow them? Okay, but did Victoria's doctor/s okay her eating solid foods? I do know that it is possible to eat solid foods while using a feeding tube, but her use of the word "figured" has me thinking that it was not advised/approved by Victoria's doctor/s. Maybe I am reading too much into it and the doctors did give grandma permission to try her out on solid foods such as mash and gravy... :please: as they were just coming back from a doctor's visit.

There are other things that have me questioning this incident and I am really trying to give the grandmother the benefit of the doubt here and I really, really hope she isn't lying. I'd much rather her be telling the truth then to think she made it up.

Like others, I'll wait it out.

I am also skeptical. Sorry.

The first thing that made me feel a little uneasy was learning that Victoria (bless her little heart) is on a feeding tube.

Grandma's own words:

"I ordered a large sweet tea and her some mashed potatoes and gravy because she was hungry"

"She was on a feeding tube at the time, but I figured she could just swallow (the potatoes).

Grandma "figured" she could just swallow them? Okay, but did Victoria's doctor/s okay her eating solid foods? I do know that it is possible to eat solid foods while using a feeding tube, but her use of the word "figured" has me thinking that it was not advised/approved by Victoria's doctor/s. Maybe I am reading too much into it and the doctors did give grandma permission to try her out on solid foods such as mash and gravy... :please: as they were just coming back from a doctor's visit.

There are other things that have me questioning this incident and I am really trying to give the grandmother the benefit of the doubt here and I really, really hope she isn't lying. I'd much rather her be telling the truth then to think she made it up.

Like others, I'll wait it out.
As a former swallowing therapist, I will say that in general, moistened mashed potatoes are the first kinds of food you would try because they are thick.

Yeah, no, I'm not buying it. Maybe a little incident happened, like someone stared at the girl and grandma blew it out of proportion. It sure garnered a lot of sympathy and support for the child, not to mention financial help. I'm willing to bet there is, or soon will be, a Go Fund Me account for her that will be in the thousands.
I just can't believe anyone would be that stupid or insensitive to a little child. Maybe I'm naive but I don't think that kind of stupidity is easy to hide. And were there others there? Did she ask to speak to the manager, as I would if an employee were offensive to me?
I really hope there is video in the restaurant so this can be verified or disproved. If grandma is lying or exaggerating then by no means should the child be punished but grandma shouldn't be rewarded for making up a claim in order to get sympathy/money/attention or whatever she was seeking.
I mean, if she really was told to leave because the childs face upset people then that means the restaurant had other people there who could vouch for the incident in the absence of video. I hope others will speak up.

Yeah, no, I'm not buying it. Maybe a little incident happened, like someone stared at the girl and grandma blew it out of proportion. It sure garnered a lot of sympathy and support for the child, not to mention financial help. I'm willing to bet there is, or soon will be, a Go Fund Me account for her that will be in the thousands.

BBM Already up and running.

One thing I did notice was that the original complaint written on the page titled "Does This Face Scare You?" Grandma states that the incident had happened "last week" and she still hadn't contacted corporate.

I do hope they have video. I also hope that there were witnesses who can come forward. I would think that it would have been quite a scene. First a customer complaining and then an employee actually asking them to leave? Hopefully Mississippi laws require establishments to keep video record for at least 6 months.

I read the OP link and thought the claims against KFC sounded like BS. Then I looked at the little girls picture and thought no one would kick this child out of anywhere .

I mean really who kicks out a little hurt white girl because she hurts their business? Right.

<Not surprised, considering what they do to their chickens! OT---I looove fried chicken and eat it regularly. I especially love, and grew up with Colonel Saunders' original recipe. Then I saw some terrible KFC videos-- really, really cruel processing methods, unimaginable and hearbreaking, even for a carnivore, jmo. I have never eaten KFC again...that must've been at least 10 years ago...So. anyway why would I expect great things from their employees, lol---JMO :chicken:>

eta: I still try to replicate the Colonel's spice recipe as well as I can. That sh^t's the bomb.
eta: Pamela Anderson was key in jump starting awareness about KFC's processing methods, iirc.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittinvestigates4u
Back