Spain - Khrystyna Savenchuk, 15, Javea, Alicante, 20 May 2014

15 year old schoolgirl Khrystyna Savenchuck has been missing from Javea, Alicante, Spain since May 20th. She left her house to go to school, but never arrived.

A big bunch of posters are heading to Germany, but I'm not sure why. Do police thinks she has gone there?

I am working of finding a description and more details of the disappearance.

Khrystyna Savenchuk. de 15 años, estudiante

Google translated article at link.

http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...+15+a%C3%B1os,+estudiante&client=safari&hl=en

Yes, they think she may have gone to Koblenz. Does she have a German boyfriend?

Thanks, I've had a message from a mod.

How do I change the title of the post? Apparently it's causing confusion: meant to read "new [posting]: Spain etc"

I'm working on getting the so far sketchy news reports translated.

S

Oh gosh yes, New Spain is somewhere else entirely. Alert on your own post by clicking the triangle top right, and ask if a mod can please correct. Date of disappearance and her age should be in it too. :)

Zweibel, thank you so much for reacting so fast, & for all you are doing to get the news out there. I'm PMing you some other news links.

Thanks again,

S

Okay, it's saying here that authorities say if people have contacts in Germany, please help get the word out. Doesn't say why though.

Trouble is, almost all :) our posters in Germany will have been in bed long ago.

I really, really strongly advise contacting supporters of missing Maria Henselmann if family want to publicise Khrystyna's case. I am sure they will help as Maria may be in Spain so co-operation could benefit them too. Maria's case is very well known in Germany and has lots of attention and outlets.

http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...C3%B3+Khrystyna+Savenchuk&client=safari&hl=en

Maria's missing Facebook page. Vermisst is German for missing. Bitte findet is please help find.
https://de-de.facebook.com/bitte.findet.maria

I can write a 'missing please help spread the word in Germany' message in German to post on Maria's FB page, but I can't actually post it as I'm not on Facebook.

It would really help to know:

If Khrystyna took any clothes with her

If she took a passport with her

If she ever ran away from home

If her computer and online postings have been looked at.

Leaving the "New" in the title right now, because we don't have a prefix for Spain.

What city/county in Spain did she go missing from?

Salem

City Javea. County/Region Alicante. On the coast.

http://www.javea.com/siguen-buscando-a-kristina-la-joven-que-desaparecio-el-martes-en-javea/

http://www.diarioinformacion.com/marina-alta/2014/05/23/chica-desaparecida-discutio-padres-quitarle/1505401.html?fb_action_ids=4360846397269&fb_action_types=og.recommends

http://lamarinaplaza.com/2014/06/03/el-ies-numero-1-se-vuelca-en-la-busqueda-de-su-alumna-khrystyna-dos-semanas-despues-de-su-desaparicion/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LaMarinaPlaza+%28La+Marina+Plaza.+Diari+digital+independent+de+la+Marina+Alta+i+Baixa.%29&utm_content=FaceBook

All I know, so far. I'm working on translations of the articles, but running them through Google Translate should give you the gist.

Summary: Khrystyna is missing from Javea in Spain since May 20th 2014. Police & family have reasons to believe she may be in/on the way to Germany.

Khyrstyna is originally from the Ukraine, & joined her parents in Spain 3 years ago.

Thanks to Zweibel who has come up with some really good ideas for the search. And to Salem for helping sort login problems. I'll be bowing out now, as I'm only posting because the family rep was having difficulty getting into Websleuths, but apparently that's getting sorted.

I have no more info other than what I've posted; the family rep should be along shortly to answer questions, & give details.

Thank you so much, Websleuths community for caring, helping, & doing what you do.

S - newbie, but proud to "know" you all!

Thank you :)

S

Kristina (they're spelt her name differently in early articles) took nothing with her. No phone, clothes passport...anything.

She and the family had been struggling to adapt in Spain. They only arrived from Ukraine 3 years ago.

Dad took her computer away because she spent so much time on it and then Kristina ran away. I am really wondering now if she was in contact with someone in Germany. And I am very worried that person may not be who Kristina thinks they are, if she has run off to meet them.

http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...arecio-el-martes-en-javea&client=safari&hl=en

We need Khrystyna's height, weight and eye and hair color.

Police have asked family to keep quiet as they are 'doing all they can'. That is very, very bad advice. In my opinion.

Kristina (they're spelt her name differently in early articles) took nothing with her. No phone, clothes passport...anything.

She and the family had been struggling to adapt in Spain. They only arrived from Ukraine 3 years ago.

Dad took her computer away because she spent so much time on it and then Kristina ran away. I am really wondering now if she was in contact with someone in Germany. And I am very worried that person may not be who Kristina thinks they are, if she has run off to meet them.

http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...recio-el-martes-en-javeaw&client=safari&hl=en

As I understand it (& my Spanish isn't great), the parents have been in Spain for around 10(?) years, Kristina/Khrystyna joined them about 3 years ago.

One of the articles references internet contact with a "boy" in Germany / a "German boy", hence the Koblenz/Frankfurt connection.

It's not clear how well the parents speak Spanish, which maybe causing communication problems both ways with the police & family.

(If anyone is wondering, it's quite easy to travel around Europe without a passport, if one has alternative European I.D.)

An other worrying point is in the article I posted at the start of the thread, referencing a "farewell note" found in Kristina/Khrystyna's belongings this week by her parents, which authorities seem to be interpreting as a possible suicide note (again, the caveat about my Spanish applies). It is not clear why it took 2 weeks to find the "letter" :(

Her phone, or (more likely) a signal from it, was apparently traced to the Town of Sagunto on the afternoon she disappeared. Sagunto is about 150km/90 miles from Javea.

I really hope the person who alerted me to this case will manage to log in soon, read Zweibel's suggestions, & provide the vital information which seem to be missing both from media reports & on the posters.

S

Khrystyna's missing poster. If anyone can post it big, I'd be most grateful.

http://www.radiodenia.com/dos-semanas-sin-noticias-de-khrystyna-savenchuk/
attachment.php

Thanks sjm & everyone for sorting this out to get me in!

I don't know about being an 'official' rep, but I do have permission to spread the word as much as possible - the family members don't speak English

the links which have been posted already give pretty much all the information any of us have about this

She left home at 7:30am on 20th May to go to school. When she didn't return home it was discovered that she hadn't taken her schoolbag, & wasn't wearing a necklace & earrings which she habitually wore. Her father searched for her but when he couldn't find her he went to the police.

It was thought that she was more than likely in Koblenz, because the lad she had been spending so much online time with lives there, & he had apparently been planning a trip`to Spain. The assumption everyone seems to have made is that she ran away with him.

The latest info is that her father found a 'farewell letter' hidden in her bedroom a couple of days ago, over 2 weeks after she went missing. In it, she says that she was no longer in a relationship with the Russian lad who lives in Germany, & that she can't see the point of living any more. The police yesterday were searching a countryside area of the town - they had searched it before, but more seriously yesterday & more searches of other areas are planned.

The lad in Germany says that he hasn't seen her or had contact with her since before she went missing.

The phone signal in Sagunt after she went missing adds confusion, or suggests that she was headed out of Spain - Sagunt is between Jávea / Xàbia & the border of Spain & France

& yes, as someone else has said, it's easy to travel overland in Europe with no passport, nor in fact any other ID

Her parents have lived in Spain for 10 years, Khrystyna only joined them 3 years ago & her elder brother still lives in the Ukraine. This is actually a fairly common situation; the parents will come & get settled, leaving the children with family & sending for them when they can. The parents have said that Khrystyna has never really settled in Spain & this is borne out by classmates who say that she doesn't interact with anyone at all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back