1175 users online (215 members and 960 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,673

    FL - Susan Roberts, 56, Boca Raton, 19 June 2014

    Susan Roberts left work at St. Mary’s Medical Center in West Palm Beach at 10 PM on the night of June 8 and never came home. Her husband reported her missing. She was found the next day in her beige 2009 Lexus suburban vehicle in the Watergate Mobile Mobile Home Park on Sandalfoot Boulevard.

    Deputies responded to take an initial report and further investigation led them to the SUV. Investigators believe that "what happened to Susan occurred in Palm Beach County, in unincorporated Boca Raton," Karpinski said.

    Roberts and Hemings lived in unincorporated Boca Raton, according to public records. The listed residence is about a mile from the crime scene.


    Anyone with information on the case is asked to call Crime Stoppers of Palm Beach at 800-458-TIPS[IMG]resource://skype_ff_extension-at-jetpack/skype_ff_extension/data/call_skype_logo.png[/IMG]800-458-TIPS[IMG]resource://skype_ff_extension-at-jetpack/skype_ff_extension/data/call_skype_logo.png[/IMG]800-458-TIPS[IMG]resource://skype_ff_extension-at-jetpack/skype_ff_extension/data/call_skype_logo.png[/IMG]800-458-TIPS .


    http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/ne...-was-an/ngMGt/


    http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/201...slain-homicide

    The family pleads for help to find out who killed Susan.
    Send SMS
    Add to Skype
    You'll need Skype CreditFree via SkypeCall
    Send SMS
    Add to Skype
    You'll need Skype CreditFree via SkypeCall
    Send SMS
    Add to Skype
    You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype
    Last edited by bessie; 06-06-2015 at 04:21 AM. Reason: repaired link

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,673
    BOCA RATON, Fla. -- - Just prior to the body of Susan Roberts being found by investigators, her husband visited a Palm Beach County Fire Rescue station to report his wife as missing a PBCFR spokesperson confirmed.

    http://www.wptv.com/news/region-s-pa...t-missing-wife

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    74,837
    Why would someone report a missing person to the fire dept? That's a bit hinky to me.
    A pharmacist, my 1st thought was a murder over prescription drugs? Then when I read about the timing of the report to the FD and the location of the family residence, along with being found in a mobile park - staged to look like this was over drugs.

    Sad. I hope this is solved quickly.
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    On the sunny shores of I-65
    Posts
    2,128
    Needle of hinky-meter is buried....
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    37,776
    Could she have been attacked by someone wanting pils? Or for not giving them?
    Just my opinion, of course.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    On the sunny shores of I-65
    Posts
    2,128
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Could she have been attacked by someone wanting pils? Or for not giving them?
    A hospital pharmacy is not open to the public. It fills the medication needs of the hospital inpatients. As such, it's seldom located in a 'public' area of the hospital. Security is still super-tight. I really doubt drugs played a part here.
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,833
    [modsnip]

    I had problems with the audio,but watching the husbands mannerism during his sons speaking,I noticed he was fidgeting with his wedding ring alot.Like twisting it,then picking under his nails. Looks like anxious nervous behavior.
    Last edited by Salem; 06-17-2014 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Removed quoted post.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,159
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Could she have been attacked by someone wanting pils? Or for not giving them?
    Quote Originally Posted by meanmaryjean View Post
    A hospital pharmacy is not open to the public. It fills the medication needs of the hospital inpatients. As such, it's seldom located in a 'public' area of the hospital. Security is still super-tight. I really doubt drugs played a part here.
    I don't wish to imply anything about her character or lifestyle but there are other possibilities when it comes to a pharmacist who has access to drugs ...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,023
    In the comments in the link above, there are other similar crimes in the area?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,161
    Please refrain from accusing or implying guilt of the husband unless/until LE name him a POI/Suspect.

    Thanks,

    Salem


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    838
    Good Evening,

    This is a very disturbing crime. Having lived in this area, Susan had at least a 45 minute commute from St. Mary's hospital to her home in Boca Raton, depending upon its exact location. She was driving a very reliable automobile. I haven't watched her husband's video, yet, but he has chosen to make himself quite visible in the media. After reading the article in the Post today, I thought it was unusual that LE would not reveal the manner of her death, just that she was found dead in her car. Remember the three unsolved murders, back in 2007, at the Town Center mall in Boca? There was a mother and son abducted from the same mall around that time. The perp was waiting in their luxury SUV, when they returned from shopping. He put goggles on them that had been blackened, and made her drive him to an ATM. She begged him not to hurt her son, and he returned them to the mall unharmed. She bravely came forward and gave a description to the authorities. They believe this person is responsible for the other three victims.

    I am just thinking out loud. I am curious about all of your opinions.

    IMHO

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,673
    Quote Originally Posted by wildebeest View Post
    Good Evening,

    This is a very disturbing crime. Having lived in this area, Susan had at least a 45 minute commute from St. Mary's hospital to her home in Boca Raton, depending upon its exact location. She was driving a very reliable automobile. I haven't watched her husband's video, yet, but he has chosen to make himself quite visible in the media. After reading the article in the Post today, I thought it was unusual that LE would not reveal the manner of her death, just that she was found dead in her car. Remember the three unsolved murders, back in 2007, at the Town Center mall in Boca? There was a mother and son abducted from the same mall around that time. The perp was waiting in their luxury SUV, when they returned from shopping. He put goggles on them that had been blackened, and made her drive him to an ATM. She begged him not to hurt her son, and he returned them to the mall unharmed. She bravely came forward and gave a description to the authorities. They believe this person is responsible for the other three victims.

    I am just thinking out loud. I am curious about all of your opinions.

    IMHO
    Those people were taken from malls in the daylight. This lady left a hospital parking area after her shift late eve and was found close to home, probably not connected.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,673
    New interview with husband in their home. Says police are not telling them anything. Part 2 later tonight.

    http://www.wpbf.com/news/clues-sough...6593740#!1rs4Y

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by wildebeest View Post
    Good Evening,

    This is a very disturbing crime. Having lived in this area, Susan had at least a 45 minute commute from St. Mary's hospital to her home in Boca Raton, depending upon its exact location. She was driving a very reliable automobile. I haven't watched her husband's video, yet, but he has chosen to make himself quite visible in the media. After reading the article in the Post today, I thought it was unusual that LE would not reveal the manner of her death, just that she was found dead in her car. Remember the three unsolved murders, back in 2007, at the Town Center mall in Boca? There was a mother and son abducted from the same mall around that time. The perp was waiting in their luxury SUV, when they returned from shopping. He put goggles on them that had been blackened, and made her drive him to an ATM. She begged him not to hurt her son, and he returned them to the mall unharmed. She bravely came forward and gave a description to the authorities. They believe this person is responsible for the other three victims.

    The sketch of that perp looks a lot like I. Keyes, if I remember correctly.
    Last edited by bessie; 06-06-2015 at 04:23 AM. Reason: repaired broken quote

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    I don't wish to imply anything about her character or lifestyle but there are other possibilities when it comes to a pharmacist who has access to drugs ...
    I agree, and there is always is the possibility of something totally random. <modsnip>
    Last edited by LambChop; 08-04-2014 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Family is off limits for discussion

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. FL FL - Shari Ball, 20, Boca Raton, 27 June 1983
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Cold Cases
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-09-2017, 02:40 PM
  2. FL FL - Wiline Basile, 59, West Boca Raton, 30 Jan 2014
    By los2188 in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-01-2014, 08:36 AM
  3. FL FL - Lee Hadler, 50, Boca Raton, 12 Jan 2014
    By los2188 in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-14-2014, 08:24 AM

Tags for this Thread