Boy finds mummified body in closet in Ohio house

zwiebel

Reaction score
A young boy exploring an abandoned house in Dayton, Ohio, found the mummified body of Edward Brunton, hanging in a closet.

Mr Brunton was thought to have been there five years. he was estranged from his family and other articles say he had been homeless before inheriting the house from his mom. He is thought to have committed suicide shortly after, and nobody noticed.

A combination of conditions resulted in the mummification, which is quite rare.

It's very sad when people go 'missing' in a community, unnoticed. It keeps happening though, even in the smallest towns. Not sure what the answer is, except more nosey neighbors. My neighborhood was full of them, when I was growing up.

Rest in peace Mr Brunton.

http://wtvr.com/2014/06/17/mummified-corpse-hanging/

That should teach the boy not to trespass! :eek:

Guess someone should have trespassed long ago -- like, in 2009 -- so the poor man would have been found sooner. It is sad, zweibel, when someone can go missing for 5 years and no one notice. I think people stay more to themselves. I remember as a kid most of the neighbors (my family included) sitting out on the porch in the evening. There was at least one elderly woman who knew everything going on in the neighborhood. Some people thought she was nosy, but I felt safer knowing she was keeping watch on the neighborhood. It just seemed that people looked out more for each other then.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back