The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 19th June - Trial Day 7, Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

marlywings

Former Member
Reaction score
Missing person, Brookfield

April 20, 2012 at 6:01 pm

Police are seeking public assistance to help locate missing 43-year-old woman, Allison Baden-Clay.

Missing-person-Baden-Clay-241x300.jpg

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2012/04/20/missing-person-brookfield/

Body found as search for missing woman Allison Baden-Clay enters 11th day

April 30, 2012 8:06PM

Police strongly suspect the body found this morning is missing Brookfield woman Allison Baden-Clay and are treating the case as a homicide investigation.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-enters-11th-day/story-e6freoof-1226342625074

Confirmed: Body found in creek identified as Allison Baden-Clay

May 01, 2012 6:54PM

A WOMAN'S body found on a creek bank in Brisbane's west has been identified as that of missing mum Allison Baden-Clay.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...lison-baden-clay/story-e6freoof-1226343926997

Gerard Baden-Clay charged with murder

June 13, 2012

Police have charged the husband of slain Brisbane mother Allison Baden-Clay with murder.

Shortly before 6.30pm, Gerard Baden-Clay was driven from Indooroopilly station in an unmarked police car. He was formally charged with murder at the Brisbane watchhouse tonight

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...with-murder-20120613-209z7.html#ixzz33ZIYVvXt

Gerard Baden-Clay to stand trial for murder

March 20, 2013

Before a packed court room on Wednesday morning, Chief Magistrate Brendan Butler ordered Mr Baden-Clay face trial in the Supreme Court

‘‘I'm of the opinion the evidence is sufficient to put the defendant on trial on the offences charged,’’ Mr Butler said.

‘‘It will be for the jury to assess the evidence ...

As Mr Butler formally committed Mr Baden-Clay to stand trial, he asked the 42-year-old real estate agent to stand.

‘‘You are charged that on or about the 19th day of April 2012 at Brisbane in the state of Queensland you murdered Allison June Baden-Clay,’’ Mr Butler said.

‘‘You are further charged that on or about the 19th of April 2012 at Brisbane in the state of Queensland you improperly interfered with a dead human body,’’ Mr Butler said.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-for-murder-20130320-2geno.html#ixzz33Z2Bd99v

Trial Day 1 - Trial Days 2 & 3 - Trial Day 4 - Trial Day 5 - Trial Day 6

Reminders:

Derogatory name calling/name changes are not allowed on WS.

No disparaging comments about the accused, the defense team or witnesses

If you have a problem with a post (do not respond) please use the Alert Button (triangle icon) located top right corner of every post. (This translates to....if another member is being a drongo, use the dobber button rather than ear bashing about it on the thread)

Treat opposing views respectfully.

If you have any questions, please PM (private message) a moderator.

Make sure you read & abide by our rules & post responsibly

Rules Etiquette & Information

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

A BIG thankyou to Websleuths for allowing this to happen...

As we look for justice for Allison...

Please continue here....

BRING IT ON!!!! I'm home all day today, yippee won't have to spend all night catching up :)

I'm happy to do the tweets this morning.

IMHO that throwaway line from Olivia was sarcastic - because it didn't turn up in court. Defence would have challenged it being admissible - i.e. - she was being sarcastic, the girls didn't corroborate it, Gerard denies it, it's hearsay.' It's a damning statement on face value and if it had been admissible, it would have been brought up in court during her time on the stand for sure.

The constable may not have picked up on her sarcasm at the time as I'd imagine her delivery to be pretty deadpan and dry. Or he did, and the defence used his later clarification to support their case for inadmissibility.

IMHO it wasn't said in hostility towards the police (although it would have seemed that way). It was misplaced hostility and jealousy towards Allison. Olivia had just had her morning disrupted by her doofus brother - the golden child. She's just travelled all the way from Townsville but all the attention is on pretty Allison and she's not even here! I believe we saw that nasty SIL dynamic in her testimony.

Morning all. Crazy day and night yesterday so I'm still way behind on day 6 thread.

Any idea of which witnesses we will hear from today?

IMHO that throwaway line from Olivia was sarcastic - because it didn't turn up in court. Defence would have challenged it being admissible - i.e. - she was being sarcastic, the girls didn't corroborate it, Gerard denies it, it's hearsay.' It's a damning statement on face value and if it had been admissible, it would have been brought up in court during her time on the stand for sure.

The constable may not have picked up on her sarcasm at the time as I'd imagine her delivery to be pretty deadpan and dry. Or he did, and the defence used his later clarification to support their case for inadmissibility.

IMHO it wasn't said in hostility towards the police (although it would have seemed that way). It was misplaced hostility and jealousy towards Allison. Olivia had just had her morning disrupted by her doofus brother - the golden child. She's just travelled all the way from Townsville but all the attention is on pretty Allison and she's not even here! I believe we saw that nasty SIL dynamic in her testimony.

It should have been shown to the jury. I think it was very relevant considering both OW & Nig were hell bent on making Allison an insignificant person.

I'm really keen to hear who the new witnesses are that have just come forward and what they'll bring to the table...

To be fair, the poor woman had been at the hospital with a migraine the previous day. Nobody is good the day after a migraine. But a nasty thing to say.

Do you know, I think others' theories re the timing of the 000 call are spot on. It's as simple as this: he was left 'unsupervised'. They were there all night cleaning up and preparing him, and then he went and screwed it up (as usual) when Kate Rankin's call threw him off-balance - by calling 000 when 131444 didn't answer quickly enough. Whenever he's left to do something himself, he screws it up by using his own initiative if things vary from the pre-determined plan. Improvisation is not his strength.
It was supposed to roll out this way:
get up and text her phone as if all was normal
(Get a call from Kate asking if Al has left yet
Panic
Improvise unsupervised
Call your mate from Neighbourhood Watch and express concern, ask for advice: Al's late back from her usual walk
Mate tells you to call 131444 and report her missing
131444 doesn't answer after 20 seconds
Panic
Improvise unsupervised and call 000)
Continue as per original plan
Take girls to school and go to work, business as usual
Wait for call for Kate at conference to ask where Al is
Express surprise and concern
Etc etc
Start pushing alarm bells
Panic big-time when uniforms turn up then call CIB in because you're pretty sus
Oh dear, now things are out of your - or anyone else's control

Me too! And why come forward now??

It happens in some cases.

With there being constant coverage of the case in media/tv there may have been an aspect of it that's jogged someone's memory & they've decided to come forward.

In another case, new evidence was brought to court right at the very end of the trial although it didn't make any great effect at all.

Is there any Websleuthers in court today?

And do we know if they're witnesses for the prosecution or defence?

I think we may be hearing more from police officers/forensics. It should pick up where it left off yesterday when the blood in the car was mentioned.

No idea when, but TM no doubt will be back at some time as it seems she's being driven to & from court in unmarked police car.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 17s

Getting ready for day seven of the Baden-Clay trial. About five minutes away from a start. @couriermail

At end of today the trial will be at half way point.

Witness tally...

47 so far...

30 to go...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads