693 users online (96 members and 597 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    30,573

    Thumbs down Woman and two small children kicked off bus in the rain.

    http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...ideo/10809507/

    RTS releases statement regarding viral bus video
    David Riley, 1:11 p.m. EDT June 19, 2014

    ...On this occasion the situation escalated and reinforces our need to continue to educate customers about pass rules and regulations. The customer and her two children were driven safely home by an RTS employee. We apologize to the other customers who were inconvenienced by this.

    As stewards of taxpayer dollars, we must insure appropriate use of our resources and established fare rules."

    In a phone interview, 20-year-old city resident Corrine Moore said she was the woman shown in the video. She said she was taking a Route 4 bus home shortly after 8 p.m. on Tuesday with the two children, both younger than 2 years old.

    She said after she boarded and paid her fare, she gave her fare card to a man who helped to load her stroller on the bus. She said the driver told her she was not allowed to do that and was rude....


    Here's viral video of the incident. WARNING FOUL LANGUAGE!!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-H1E...ature=youtu.be

    This city has really taken a turn for the worse in the past few years. At least the other people on the bus had it right and so I still have faith in the citizens.



    BBM

    ETA: The company that wants to educate people doesn't even know the difference between ensure and insure.

    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ensure

    en新ure
    verb \in-ˈshu̇r\

    : to make (something) sure, certain, or safe
    en新ureden新ur搏ng
    Full Definition of ENSURE
    transitive verb
    : to make sure, certain, or safe : guarantee
    See ensure defined for English-language learners
    See ensure defined for kids

    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/insure

    in新ure
    verb \in-ˈshu̇r\

    : to buy insurance for (something, such as property or health)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    7,247
    GOOD for those other people! For paying the fares AND for telling the driver and the cop EXACTLY how effed up that is, turning them out like that!

    Seeing that makes me furious for that poor mom and kids!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Black Hills
    Posts
    6,243
    smh

    What is wrong with people? She paid her money and still the bus driver put her off; I hope she gets her money back.

    ****
    http://grandmotherscouncil.org/
    ****
    My Facebook page; I am grateful for the fact that two people who joined had colonoscopies, discovered cancer and are on the way to healing through treatment. Colonoscopies save lives! [A 3rd person has just been added. 8/7]

    www.facebook.com/WaitWhereAmIGoing
    ****
    https://www.tsu.co/JacieLin

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    7,247
    Omg okay. So I misunderstood. I first thought that the "fraud" was that she used someone else's card, so the passengers paid for her. Actually, she paid for herself then tried to do a good turn and pay for the person who helped her and the kids into the bus. Even WORSE!! Nice reward, kicking her off the bus just for trying to return a kindness!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,284
    Sounds like one of those situations where an employee put the rules before common sense.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6,485
    Mothers with strollers really are the lepers of public transport, where bus drivers are concerned, in my experience. They glare at you for delaying their timetable, mutter things and generally act like you're the worst person in the world (with a few kind exceptions).

    That's IF you can actually get on a bus - I had it happen several times, that drivers slowed the bus to stop, saw me with grocery bags and a stroller, and speeded up again, drove right past. And it's 35C (hot summer) and an *hour* between buses...

    My sympathies naturally lie with the mother. It's *hard* to get around with tiny children on buses, just getting them on the bus is a chore (it is nice to hear a man helped her on, that was kind of him). And how stressful, to be kicked off in the pouring rain.

    People here were clearly just trying to exchange a kindness for a kindness. Technically right or wrong, that was a good thing to do. It could have been handled better all round. I felt bad for all the little children on the bus, all that shouting must have been scary for them...
    _____________
    Everything I have posted at this website, past or present, represents my opinion or my understanding of events based on facts that are publicly available.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    30,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Cappuccino View Post
    Sounds like one of those situations where an employee put the rules before common sense.
    ^^^^^ Exactly! There is an exception to every rule. If I were the driver I would have stopped her after she was on the bus and say; "Look, I know you were just doing that man a kind turn for helping you. Technically I'm supposed to kick you off the bus for that, but that's not gonna happen today. Just so you know for future reference if another driver sees you do that he may kick you off of the bus."

    Some people would think I was a jerk for saying that to her, but at least I would have covered my responsibilities without being a complete JMO

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,910

    Woman and two small children kicked off bus in the rain.

    I don't understand ...

    If the way she did it was wrong and against the rules... Why not just say..she had paid for HIM and used her own pass?
    It's all the same in the end.

    I'm so confused.

    I was upset by the language used in front of all of those young children.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    30,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    I don't understand ...

    If the way she did it was wrong and against the rules... Why not just say..she had paid for HIM and used her own pass?
    It's all the same in the end.

    I'm so confused.

    I was upset by the language used in front of all of those young children.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BBM

    Kids need to learn that sometimes those words are appropriate to use. JMO

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    BBM

    Kids need to learn that sometimes those words are appropriate to use. JMO

    There is no reason to use language like that. It does not make words more powerful, it simply makes people look foolish.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,530
    Ot, but I totally agree about strollers, lol! I have three young ones and for the last two, I didn't even bother owning a stupid stroller. Big, bulky, cumbersome things! I got lumped into the "hippy with a baby in a backpack" stereotype, but at least I wasn't trying to shove a small vehicle through crowds, lol. When carrying groceries, baby was strapped on front, luggage on my back. I realize not everyone can do that, but I wish more people would!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausgirl View Post
    Mothers with strollers really are the lepers of public transport, where bus drivers are concerned, in my experience. They glare at you for delaying their timetable, mutter things and generally act like you're the worst person in the world (with a few kind exceptions).

    That's IF you can actually get on a bus - I had it happen several times, that drivers slowed the bus to stop, saw me with grocery bags and a stroller, and speeded up again, drove right past. And it's 35C (hot summer) and an *hour* between buses...

    My sympathies naturally lie with the mother. It's *hard* to get around with tiny children on buses, just getting them on the bus is a chore (it is nice to hear a man helped her on, that was kind of him). And how stressful, to be kicked off in the pouring rain.

    People here were clearly just trying to exchange a kindness for a kindness. Technically right or wrong, that was a good thing to do. It could have been handled better all round. I felt bad for all the little children on the bus, all that shouting must have been scary for them...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    7,247
    I think the lesson in solidarity, and righteous anger is an important one for kids to learn. More important than any lesson about swearing. Kids do need to know that anger is an appropriate response to some situations. Otherwise we are just a bunch of polite, but complacent citizens who never stick up for ourselves or one another.

    Just my two cents.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    12,222
    I may have missed it but was the reason given as to the why she was being booted? I guess the other ? is are the bus passes paid for as you ride or are they government subsidized? I see the term Taxpayer dollars.
    Just know one thing, I am the majority.

    Adios amego's

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Black Hills
    Posts
    6,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardenlady View Post
    I think the lesson in solidarity, and righteous anger is an important one for kids to learn. More important than any lesson about swearing. Kids do need to know that anger is an appropriate response to some situations. Otherwise we are just a bunch of polite, but complacent citizens who never stick up for ourselves or one another.

    Just my two cents.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think there is also the aspect of compassion. The bus driver clearly did not display that in this circumstance.

    ****
    http://grandmotherscouncil.org/
    ****
    My Facebook page; I am grateful for the fact that two people who joined had colonoscopies, discovered cancer and are on the way to healing through treatment. Colonoscopies save lives! [A 3rd person has just been added. 8/7]

    www.facebook.com/WaitWhereAmIGoing
    ****
    https://www.tsu.co/JacieLin

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    30,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post
    I may have missed it but was the reason given as to the why she was being booted? I guess the other ? is are the bus passes paid for as you ride or are they government subsidized? I see the term Taxpayer dollars.
    She got on the bus with two kids and a stroller, during a downpour A guy helped her put her stroller on the bus for her. She said thanks, and paid his fare with a bus pass. That's not allowed. Instead of giving her a warning the bus driver called the police and had her and her kids kicked off the bus.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Police: DUI suspect drove 127 mph with three small children in car
    By Reader in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-01-2013, 08:07 PM
  2. WA-3 small children found hungry in trunk of a car
    By peeples in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-27-2012, 07:48 AM
  3. Woman Kicked Off Bus For Reading Bible Out Loud To Her Kids!
    By White Rain in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 01-15-2008, 10:59 AM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-03-2006, 10:01 PM