GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

marlywings

Former Member
Reaction score
Missing person, Brookfield

April 20, 2012 at 6:01 pm

Police are seeking public assistance to help locate missing 43-year-old woman, Allison Baden-Clay.

Missing-person-Baden-Clay-241x300.jpg

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2012/04/20/missing-person-brookfield/

Body found as search for missing woman Allison Baden-Clay enters 11th day

April 30, 2012 8:06PM

Police strongly suspect the body found this morning is missing Brookfield woman Allison Baden-Clay and are treating the case as a homicide investigation.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-enters-11th-day/story-e6freoof-1226342625074

Confirmed: Body found in creek identified as Allison Baden-Clay

May 01, 2012 6:54PM

A WOMAN'S body found on a creek bank in Brisbane's west has been identified as that of missing mum Allison Baden-Clay.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...lison-baden-clay/story-e6freoof-1226343926997

Gerard Baden-Clay charged with murder

June 13, 2012

Police have charged the husband of slain Brisbane mother Allison Baden-Clay with murder.

Shortly before 6.30pm, Gerard Baden-Clay was driven from Indooroopilly station in an unmarked police car. He was formally charged with murder at the Brisbane watchhouse tonight

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...with-murder-20120613-209z7.html#ixzz33ZIYVvXt

Gerard Baden-Clay to stand trial for murder

March 20, 2013

Before a packed court room on Wednesday morning, Chief Magistrate Brendan Butler ordered Mr Baden-Clay face trial in the Supreme Court

‘‘I'm of the opinion the evidence is sufficient to put the defendant on trial on the offences charged,’’ Mr Butler said.

‘‘It will be for the jury to assess the evidence ...

As Mr Butler formally committed Mr Baden-Clay to stand trial, he asked the 42-year-old real estate agent to stand.

‘‘You are charged that on or about the 19th day of April 2012 at Brisbane in the state of Queensland you murdered Allison June Baden-Clay,’’ Mr Butler said.

‘‘You are further charged that on or about the 19th of April 2012 at Brisbane in the state of Queensland you improperly interfered with a dead human body,’’ Mr Butler said.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-for-murder-20130320-2geno.html#ixzz33Z2Bd99v

Trial Day 1 - Trial Days 2 & 3 - Trial Day 4 - Trial Day 5 - Trial Day 6 - Trial Day 7

Trial General Discussion Thread #1

Reminders:

Derogatory name calling/name changes are not allowed on WS.

No disparaging comments about the accused, the defense team or witnesses

If you have a problem with a post (do not respond) please use the Alert Button (triangle icon) located top right corner of every post. (This translates to....if another member is being a drongo, use the dobber button rather than ear bashing about it on the thread)

Treat opposing views respectfully.

If you have any questions, please PM (private message) a moderator.

Make sure you read & abide by our rules & post responsibly

Rules Etiquette & Information

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

34893_popup.jpg

http://roswellboutique.wordans.com/...sfiles/images/2010/5/27/34893/34893_popup.jpg

We are going to have a forum software upgrade very soon - quite probably before court is in session again next Tuesday. The forum will look very different. Follow the "forum tab" and you'll be able to find your way back here. If there are delays, I will write about them on my Twitter.

We will be making forum decor changes after the upgrade, but it's going to look pretty strange before we have the time to make those changes happen. Excuse our dust!

Responding to possum heart in last thread :)

And I think that is an important point. The last thing we want is crucifixion by social media to be the thing that casts doubt in the juror's minds. I know I have been pulling back from this forum whenever it starts to sound like a lynch mob.
Such a shame.

Absolutely agree poss. Also, on the days I was at court, unfortunately there were a few in particular (in the flow over court) who were reacting quite vocally to the testimony and were generally behaving with a "lynch mob" mentality. From what I gather, these people aren't even connected to either family in any way. Their behaviour made it quite uncomfortable for me and I suspect the majority of the attendees, who were there with an open mind to hear the evidence being presented, to show support to the Dickies in their time of loss and to pay respect to Allison's memory by our presence there.

Wondering if Gerard asked Allison to make out (have sex) in the back of the Captiva? Then ended up killing her there?

Just curious, are people in Brookfield likely to keep their cars locked at home? Where I used to live, we didn't lock anything. Could Allison have gone out to put the ball gowns in the car to take to KAW the next night and so done randomly attacked her? That would put blood on the door of the captivated, assuming the door was open. Then they've bundled ABC in their own car, took off and taken her to Kholo Ck....

Allison was taciturn and reserved and not well at the hairdresser.
Allison the next morning had to attend an real estate event and had to look good (knowing most of the other participants probably would be informed about "ex"-mistress).

In a bad mood and with fresh hairdone Allison wouldn't consider to do a walk.

Arguement or not, around 11pm there is a terrible scream (Flegg). The murder takes place.
Allison dead or severe injured, GBC wraps her body into some sort of tarp. This tarp was perhaps stored in the open carport (4 diff. traces of plants).
GBC loads the wrapped body in the rearward car during which he pushes Allison's head (blood, hair in the car).
At Kholo Creek bridge or in the vicinity GBC unloads the body and fixes some straps. The straps GBC leads on his left neck side towards his right armpit (abrasions to neck, chest and near armpit). With his hands GBC holds under the belt to not cutting his skin through fabric (therefore bruising marks from hand knuckles).
GBC pulls this load (the wrapped body), perhaps abseils the body meter by meter.
Then the body is deposited under the bridge and has to be unwrapped, where the body rolls in the sleeping position.
Finally GBC needs help to dispose the tarp, the straps, his muddy clothing and shoes (cars, door clapping, voices at Kholo).
IMO IMO IMO
That's my version - today.

Just curious, are people in Brookfield likely to keep their cars locked at home? Where I used to live, we didn't lock anything. Could Allison have gone out to put the ball gowns in the car to take to KAW the next night and so done randomly attacked her? That would put blood on the door of the captivated, assuming the door was open. Then they've bundled ABC in their own car, took off and taken her to Kholo Ck....

Anything is possible, however if that is the case, why did GBC lie about the scratches on his face?

Whilst I guess that's possible, it doesn't seem likely. I'd imagine it to be extremely rare for someone to be murdered with no motive. She was still wearing her stunning rings and had not been sexually assaulted, also that doesn't account for plant matter in her hair.

It was a quiet nice suburb. I never locked the cars and we rarely locked the doors only at the end of the night.

From back before GBC's arrest...

May 14, 2012

Charges could be laid over the murder of Brookfield mum-of-three Allison Baden-Clay as early as this week with key test results due very soon.

Police said they were unlikely to make an arrest until they had the results of Mrs Baden-Clay’s autopsy and toxilogy tests

Detective Superintendent Mark Ainsworth said police did not believe the attack was random and confirmed police were confident of making an arrest.

‘‘We believe that Allison may have known her attacker,’’ he told The Sunday Mail.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...lers-arrest-20120513-1ykec.html#ixzz359raaMua

This is to our Brookfield locals. Kiwijayne possibly walked the same apparent route as Allison regularly. (Allison had a treadmill).

When you first heard of Allison's disappearance did you continue with your day to day activities like walking or watering your gardens or happy to let your children play outside?

When GBC was charged were you all relieved or did you think there could be a murderer still at large?

Im 50/50 either way right now.
Just to know the truth and justice. No winners.

MOO MOO

In regards to this we took no extra precautions. When the police came around they offered no safety tips like lock your doors during the day or lock your cars etc.

I still walked to work but usually got a ride home from someone.

looking back thru the statements of various people in close contact with Gerard, he has more public breakdowns than Alison ever did.. his were in front of multiple people and not just ( oddly) in front of Olivia, like Alison's were suggested..

He cries like a <modsnip> at the business partners meetings, the awful one where the business partners were in some doubt as to Gerard's veracity in regard to money and of course the ongoing problem of Toni. He blubbers to Flegg, he then sobs his little heart out to Sue Heath.. this isn't normal behaviour in the context Gerard was presenting. It has all the hallmarks of a man in the deepest manic depressive phase. I am convinced Alison was living with a manic depressive and hers was reactive.

It is baffling to me that NBC didn't pick up on his son's mental issues.. NBC says he did the accounts.. . that's enough to drive a saint into despair, and NBC must have known this. He must have, as much as Gerard , have some inkling of what monies were coming in, and what was going out. Of where money was coming in from, and to where it was going. Unless it was going to him first, and everything else second.. Gerard was at great pains to with hold all information about the money from his partners, on the grounds that his 'parents financial business had to be kept private'.. I so long for the forensic accountant..

Gerard wasn't a generous bloke to the women in his life.. it was ironic that he complained to the Doc about the running machine .. .. but he only bought Toni a camera, she says.. She and Gerard seemed to be at ease with the back seat of a car and not the Hilton, or even a 2 star motel.. it was , truly , a poverty driven affair. No dinners out, no furs, no silk pyjamas, no jewellery, no Dinnigen dresses in a ribbon splayed box delivered.. no sudden weekends to Hamilton Island, or a week in Bali, or a few days at a spa... nothing, nothing, nothing. Nothing.

Even if Flegg had lent Gerard the $300,000.00 on spec, he would be actually worse off, according to the forensic accounts. He would be marginally less in debt, assuming he paid some debts off, and that's not guaranteed, with Gerard, but he would be carrying a $200,000.00 larger debt that what he was already in, with the same amount, if not more , hopeless possibility of paying it back.

Nige, who says, out of his own mouth, that he did the accounts, must have known this . He couldn't avoid knowing it. Every entry and every days accounting would have shown this in numbers of fire on the page.. Gerard didn't even seem to have a second lot of books going , as far as I can tell. I wouldn't put it past him to try and work it out, he himself was an accountant.. . but such a useless one, if he had tried to ghost a second accounts ledger, it would have looked like a dogs dinner, just like the real one did.

The one important bill he just couldn't get paid was Alisons insurance due payment. due on April 6th, he got a grace and favour extension till May 9th.. After May 9th it died and Alison was uninsured from then on.. so from April 6th ( the payment was $1100.00...) Alisons insurance policy was hanging by its fingernails.. Gerard was 13 days into the worry of it, with only 19 days to get the $1100.00 when Alison was murdered.

So here's a question for you all... Do you think GBC is guilty and why?

IMO guilty. I can't find plausible reasons for scratches, blood, plant matter, this along with means and motive I can't see another scenario that fits. If her rings were missing or some other thing that would create reasonable doubt for me. But as is, I just cannot come up with another scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10