862 users online (156 members and 706 guests)  

Websleuths News

TX - Arturo Ybarra Pena & Lidia Galindo Pena for rape of 13yo, Tom Green Co., 2005

A couple have been indicted on aggravated sexual assault charges after authorities alleged the man raped his 13-year-old granddaughter and then her grandmother told the girl she "got what she deserves."

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory...olitan/3223269
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I think I need to quit reading this forum...it's so depressing
    When the children cry let them know we tried 'Cause when the the children sing then the new world begins

I don't get depressed reading this forum. I just get angry.

What these people did is just sick. What on earth could this child have done to make the grandmother say that to her?

Hopefully Grandma "gets what she deserves" in the clink. And Grandpa, too.
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

GO STEELERS!

Arturo Ybarra Pena

Guilty Plea: 03/21/2006
    Sentence Date: 04/11/2006

Offense: Aggravated Sexual Assault-Child
    Sentence: 25 years

Offenses Dismissed on Plea:
    2 counts Aggravated Sexual Assault-Child

Parole Eligibility Date: 10/11/2017
    Projected Release Date: 04/12/2030
    Maximum Sentence Date: 04/12/2030

Lidia Galindo Pena

Sentence Date: 04/06/2006

Offense: 3rd Degree Injury to a Child/Intent to Bodily Injure
    Sentence: 7 years DOC, 7 years Probation

Offenses Dismissed on Plea:
    1st Degree Aggravated Sexual Assault-Child
    1st Degree Injury to a Child
    Abandon/Endanger Child-Imminent Danger Bodily Harm

Unable to find the date she was paroled, but clearly it wasn't anywhere near 7 years. She was sentenced on 04/06/2006 and had been out on bond before that.

Wow, Belinda. Interesting that gma whose psychic impact on this child must have been pretty profound gets off essentially scott free. Wonder if she testified against gpa.

She is a huge danger in my book.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

I wasn't able to find hardly anything on them news-wise. Just essentially the initial information. Nothing about the pleas, so I don't know if she testified against him or not. I sure would love to know when she was released, but Texas only shows inmates, not parolees. Frustrating.

im wondering if the 7 doc/7 probation is a smoke screen and all she got was a suspended sentence with probation

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    A couple have been indicted on aggravated sexual assault charges after authorities alleged the man raped his 13-year-old granddaughter and then her grandmother told the girl she "got what she deserves."

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory...olitan/3223269
    And the sad and disgusting thing about this it isn't unusual for the wife to side with the husband and not believe or care that the child is being raped.

Even here on this site we read about so many women who protects the POSs who rapes, torture, abuses and even murders the women's own children or grands. Yet time and time again they stand up for the man and against the traumatized child.

So many of our defenseless children have no one that will believe them. No one that loves them like they deserve. No one who will protect them when they desperately need it the most.

IMO
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

OceanBlueEyes, I totally agree with you. It is outright disgusting thinking about how many times the mother sides with the husband, boyfriend, or whatever when sexual assault arises.

It seems to me that a big percentage of these cases happen in this manner, where the child's own mother denies the truth, or in the cases where the mother doesn't care enough about her own child to take action to protect her child.

Even grandparents doing this..... how sickening!! Poor children!!

There should be a law similiar to what we have in NC for DWI. If you know or have knowledge or are in the same vicinity as the victim and you do not seek help, you shall be charged the same as the perp who abused the child. I mean this is just unforgiveable. There needs to be some responsibility for those who have knowledge of a crime against a child if they do not act on that knowledge. JMO
    narrow, limited thinker, but I'm trying to grow

Quote Originally Posted by kbl8201 View Post
    im wondering if the 7 doc/7 probation is a smoke screen and all she got was a suspended sentence with probation
    I was wondering that as well, but haven't found any way to get an answer to it. The sentence information I got from her criminal record. That record does not show an incarceration, although that doesn't necessarily mean there wasn't one. But, curious nonetheless.

Her medical report showed that the abuse had been ongoing...did she finally report them, or did someone else? Either way I'm glad her ordeal is over.