TX - Arturo Ybarra Pena & Lidia Galindo Pena for rape of 13yo, Tom Green Co., 2005

:sick:

I think I need to quit reading this forum...it's so depressing :confused:

I don't get depressed reading this forum. I just get angry.

What these people did is just sick. What on earth could this child have done to make the grandmother say that to her?

Hopefully Grandma "gets what she deserves" in the clink. And Grandpa, too. :furious:

Arturo Ybarra Pena

Guilty Plea: 03/21/2006
Sentence Date: 04/11/2006

Offense: Aggravated Sexual Assault-Child
Sentence: 25 years

Offenses Dismissed on Plea:
2 counts Aggravated Sexual Assault-Child

Parole Eligibility Date: 10/11/2017
Projected Release Date: 04/12/2030
Maximum Sentence Date: 04/12/2030

Lidia Galindo Pena

Sentence Date: 04/06/2006

Offense: 3rd Degree Injury to a Child/Intent to Bodily Injure
Sentence: 7 years DOC, 7 years Probation

Offenses Dismissed on Plea:
1st Degree Aggravated Sexual Assault-Child
1st Degree Injury to a Child
Abandon/Endanger Child-Imminent Danger Bodily Harm

Unable to find the date she was paroled, but clearly it wasn't anywhere near 7 years. She was sentenced on 04/06/2006 and had been out on bond before that.

Wow, Belinda. Interesting that gma whose psychic impact on this child must have been pretty profound gets off essentially scott free. Wonder if she testified against gpa.

She is a huge danger in my book.

I wasn't able to find hardly anything on them news-wise. Just essentially the initial information. Nothing about the pleas, so I don't know if she testified against him or not. I sure would love to know when she was released, but Texas only shows inmates, not parolees. Frustrating.

im wondering if the 7 doc/7 probation is a smoke screen and all she got was a suspended sentence with probation

A couple have been indicted on aggravated sexual assault charges after authorities alleged the man raped his 13-year-old granddaughter and then her grandmother told the girl she "got what she deserves."

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/metropolitan/3223269

And the sad and disgusting thing about this it isn't unusual for the wife to side with the husband and not believe or care that the child is being raped.

Even here on this site we read about so many women who protects the POSs who rapes, torture, abuses and even murders the women's own children or grands. Yet time and time again they stand up for the man and against the traumatized child.

So many of our defenseless children have no one that will believe them. No one that loves them like they deserve. No one who will protect them when they desperately need it the most.

IMO

OceanBlueEyes, I totally agree with you. It is outright disgusting thinking about how many times the mother sides with the husband, boyfriend, or whatever when sexual assault arises.

It seems to me that a big percentage of these cases happen in this manner, where the child's own mother denies the truth, or in the cases where the mother doesn't care enough about her own child to take action to protect her child.

Even grandparents doing this..... how sickening!! Poor children!!

There should be a law similiar to what we have in NC for DWI. If you know or have knowledge or are in the same vicinity as the victim and you do not seek help, you shall be charged the same as the perp who abused the child. I mean this is just unforgiveable. There needs to be some responsibility for those who have knowledge of a crime against a child if they do not act on that knowledge. JMO

im wondering if the 7 doc/7 probation is a smoke screen and all she got was a suspended sentence with probation

I was wondering that as well, but haven't found any way to get an answer to it. The sentence information I got from her criminal record. That record does not show an incarceration, although that doesn't necessarily mean there wasn't one. But, curious nonetheless.

Her medical report showed that the abuse had been ongoing...did she finally report them, or did someone else? Either way I'm glad her ordeal is over.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back