746 users online (119 members and 627 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

CA - Shoulain Coa, 60, San Diego, 19 June 2014

Shoulain Coa

60-YEAR-OLD WOMAN MISSING FROM ROLANDO-AREA HOME

SAN DIEGO (CNS) -
    A woman with the mental capacity of a 6- to 10-year-old child and who does not speak English walked away from her Rolando-area home and remained missing overnight Thursday. Shoulain Coa, 60, was last seen at her residence at 6755 Marlowe Drive about 7 p.m. Thursday, but her family held off on reporting her missing until Friday morning, according to San Diego police.
    http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/...264006821.html
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    Shoulain Coa

SAN DIEGO (CNS) -

Oh, she is cute as a button! Appears to live in a nice little neighborhood. Mental capacity of a 6 to 10 year old and speaks no English. Please tell me she wasn't living alone!
    Richard Castle " There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better."

Bumping for Shoulain.
    Richard Castle " There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better."

CA CA - Shoulain Coa, 60, San Diego, 19 June 2014

CA - Shoulain Coa, 60, San Diego, 19 June 2014
    Shoulain Coa

SAN DIEGO (CNS) -
    Quote:
    A woman with the mental capacity of a 6- to 10-year-old child and who does not speak English walked away from her Rolando-area home and remained missing overnight Thursday. Shoulain Coa, 60, was last seen at her residence at 6755 Marlowe Drive about 7 p.m. Thursday, but her family held off on reporting her missing until Friday morning, according to San Diego police.

http://www.10news.com/news/elderly-r...-woman-missing

Coa was described as Chinese, 4 feet 6, 130 pounds with gray hair. She was last seen wearing a pink hat, a floral long sleeve shirt and black pants.

I'd like to know if there's an active search. If not, why?! She must be terrified...cold... :-(

No mention of her on local TV news...

Nothing on the news? So sad.

According to the news articles she only speaks Mandarin Chinese. I hope someone finds her and calls for help!

Not a word... Not speaking English, or even Spanish for that matter has got to be adding to her fears. And she is so tiny!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maiko View Post
    Nothing on the news? So sad.

According to the news articles she only speaks Mandarin Chinese. I hope someone finds her and calls for help!

She is a sweet looking little lady! I am a little fearful as I saw a small body of water about a mile from her home. It appears she lives in a pretty nice neighborhood. I believe I also read she had disappeared before and was found wandering around businesses. Please tell me she didn't live alone with a 6-10 year old mental capacity!
    Poor thing! I hope she is found safe!

I just looked for updates and can't find anything?

I hope she has family and friends looking for her, I'm worried!

Quote Originally Posted by Plumeria5 View Post
    She is a sweet looking little lady! I am a little fearful as I saw a small body of water about a mile from her home. It appears she lives in a pretty nice neighborhood. I believe I also read she had disappeared before and was found wandering around businesses. Please tell me she didn't live alone with a 6-10 year old mental capacity!
    Poor thing! I hope she is found safe!
    She has been missing before.

Actually, it's been several times I believe. My recollection is she was found close by on a few, but I'm pretty sure on another she got on a bus and tried to get to where a family member is buried.

I forget if a bus driver called it in or a person on the bus, realizing she was basically non-communicative, plus there was a language barrier, and she was in like a night gown type thing.

At least one of those was also around dusk (which was earlier in winter, obviously) and this last time was also... Which is pretty typical with dementia, Alzheimer's, etc. that they can tend to get 'foggy' around dusk time.

Thankfully, I think it'd be unlikely she'd get that far (to the reservoir) - too busy of a road that someone would have called it in and spotted her I suspect.

As far as the area, parts of it are ok, but it's also marginal to bad as well. Had two shootings at that Walmart near her house in 3 months. No one hurt, sort of armed robberies of sorts, but many gun/knife/assault incidents (or in some cases just calls) at least nightly, often more. In fact, just the first 4 months of this year there's been as much violent crime in Roland as there has been at the border area of San Ysidro.

Now, I don't think she'd be a target, but still...

I [ray she comes home safely again now!

I don't feel like she would be a likely "target", no matter which part of Rolondo she may be in. I'm more worried about her falling down somewhere she can't be easily seen, or being hit by a car, etc.

For crying out loud, where is her support system?! If she has a history of wandering away, she obviously needs more diligent care!
    Quote Originally Posted by TravelingBug View Post
    She has been missing before.

Actually, it's been several times I believe. My recollection is she was found close by on a few, but I'm pretty sure on another she got on a bus and tried to get to where a family member is buried.

I forget if a bus driver called it in or a person on the bus, realizing she was basically non-communicative, plus there was a language barrier, and she was in like a night gown type thing.

At least one of those was also around dusk (which was earlier in winter, obviously) and this last time was also... Which is pretty typical with dementia, Alzheimer's, etc. that they can tend to get 'foggy' around dusk time.

Thankfully, I think it'd be unlikely she'd get that far (to the reservoir) - too busy of a road that someone would have called it in and spotted her I suspect.

As far as the area, parts of it are ok, but it's also marginal to bad as well. Had two shootings at that Walmart near her house in 3 months. No one hurt, sort of armed robberies of sorts, but many gun/knife/assault incidents (or in some cases just calls) at least nightly, often more. In fact, just the first 4 months of this year there's been as much violent crime in Roland as there has been at the border area of San Ysidro.

Now, I don't think she'd be a target, but still...

I [ray she comes home safely again now!

Bump!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast