CA CA - Shoulain Coa, 60, San Diego, 19 June 2014

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Shoulain Coa
73dd6b7e0706ce86e1368e0c85446b61

60-YEAR-OLD WOMAN MISSING FROM ROLANDO-AREA HOME

SAN DIEGO (CNS) -
A woman with the mental capacity of a 6- to 10-year-old child and who does not speak English walked away from her Rolando-area home and remained missing overnight Thursday. Shoulain Coa, 60, was last seen at her residence at 6755 Marlowe Drive about 7 p.m. Thursday, but her family held off on reporting her missing until Friday morning, according to San Diego police.

http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/60-year-old-woman-missing-from-Rolando-area-home-264006821.html

CA - Shoulain Coa, 60, San Diego, 19 June 2014
Shoulain Coa

60-YEAR-OLD WOMAN MISSING FROM ROLANDO-AREA HOME

SAN DIEGO (CNS) -
Quote:
A woman with the mental capacity of a 6- to 10-year-old child and who does not speak English walked away from her Rolando-area home and remained missing overnight Thursday. Shoulain Coa, 60, was last seen at her residence at 6755 Marlowe Drive about 7 p.m. Thursday, but her family held off on reporting her missing until Friday morning, according to San Diego police.
http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/...264006821.html

I'd like to know if there's an active search. If not, why?! She must be terrified...cold... :-(

Nothing on the news? So sad.

According to the news articles she only speaks Mandarin Chinese. I hope someone finds her and calls for help!

Not a word... Not speaking English, or even Spanish for that matter has got to be adding to her fears. And she is so tiny!
Nothing on the news? So sad.

According to the news articles she only speaks Mandarin Chinese. I hope someone finds her and calls for help!

She is a sweet looking little lady! I am a little fearful as I saw a small body of water about a mile from her home. It appears she lives in a pretty nice neighborhood. I believe I also read she had disappeared before and was found wandering around businesses. Please tell me she didn't live alone with a 6-10 year old mental capacity!
Poor thing! I hope she is found safe!

I just looked for updates and can't find anything?

I hope she has family and friends looking for her, I'm worried!

She is a sweet looking little lady! I am a little fearful as I saw a small body of water about a mile from her home. It appears she lives in a pretty nice neighborhood. I believe I also read she had disappeared before and was found wandering around businesses. Please tell me she didn't live alone with a 6-10 year old mental capacity!
Poor thing! I hope she is found safe!

She has been missing before.

Actually, it's been several times I believe. My recollection is she was found close by on a few, but I'm pretty sure on another she got on a bus and tried to get to where a family member is buried.

I forget if a bus driver called it in or a person on the bus, realizing she was basically non-communicative, plus there was a language barrier, and she was in like a night gown type thing.

At least one of those was also around dusk (which was earlier in winter, obviously) and this last time was also... Which is pretty typical with dementia, Alzheimer's, etc. that they can tend to get 'foggy' around dusk time.

Thankfully, I think it'd be unlikely she'd get that far (to the reservoir) - too busy of a road that someone would have called it in and spotted her I suspect.

As far as the area, parts of it are ok, but it's also marginal to bad as well. Had two shootings at that Walmart near her house in 3 months. No one hurt, sort of armed robberies of sorts, but many gun/knife/assault incidents (or in some cases just calls) at least nightly, often more. In fact, just the first 4 months of this year there's been as much violent crime in Roland as there has been at the border area of San Ysidro.

Now, I don't think she'd be a target, but still...

I [ray she comes home safely again now!

I don't feel like she would be a likely "target", no matter which part of Rolondo she may be in. I'm more worried about her falling down somewhere she can't be easily seen, or being hit by a car, etc.

For crying out loud, where is her support system?! If she has a history of wandering away, she obviously needs more diligent care!
She has been missing before.

Actually, it's been several times I believe. My recollection is she was found close by on a few, but I'm pretty sure on another she got on a bus and tried to get to where a family member is buried.

I forget if a bus driver called it in or a person on the bus, realizing she was basically non-communicative, plus there was a language barrier, and she was in like a night gown type thing.

At least one of those was also around dusk (which was earlier in winter, obviously) and this last time was also... Which is pretty typical with dementia, Alzheimer's, etc. that they can tend to get 'foggy' around dusk time.

Thankfully, I think it'd be unlikely she'd get that far (to the reservoir) - too busy of a road that someone would have called it in and spotted her I suspect.

As far as the area, parts of it are ok, but it's also marginal to bad as well. Had two shootings at that Walmart near her house in 3 months. No one hurt, sort of armed robberies of sorts, but many gun/knife/assault incidents (or in some cases just calls) at least nightly, often more. In fact, just the first 4 months of this year there's been as much violent crime in Roland as there has been at the border area of San Ysidro.

Now, I don't think she'd be a target, but still...

I [ray she comes home safely again now!

I emailed ABC 10 asking for an update to this case. Now I wait. :-/

I emailed ABC 10 asking for an update to this case. Now I wait. :-/

:waiting: Nothing?? I see no articles since June 20th. Poor lady. Where in the world is she? I hope no one hurt her.

No reply. :-/ I'm going to make a few calls to the local media about this tomorrow. I've got a ton of personal and work calls to make anyway, might as well make a day of it. It'll be like being 14 again, lol! I'll update, even if nobody has anything for me.

I am not getting any indication or gut feeling about foul play, I just can't imagine why anyone would want to mess with a little lost old lady, kwim? I'm mostly worried about her being hurt or falling in water, etc. It's not super cold here at night, but it can get foggy and chilly.. :-S
:waiting: Nothing?? I see no articles since June 20th. Poor lady. Where in the world is she? I hope no one hurt her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back