The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 24th June - Trial Day 9, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

marlywings

Former Member
Reaction score
Missing person, Brookfield

April 20, 2012 at 6:01 pm

Police are seeking public assistance to help locate missing 43-year-old woman, Allison Baden-Clay.

Missing-person-Baden-Clay-241x300.jpg

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2012/04/20/missing-person-brookfield/

Body found as search for missing woman Allison Baden-Clay enters 11th day

April 30, 2012 8:06PM

Police strongly suspect the body found this morning is missing Brookfield woman Allison Baden-Clay and are treating the case as a homicide investigation.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-enters-11th-day/story-e6freoof-1226342625074

Confirmed: Body found in creek identified as Allison Baden-Clay

May 01, 2012 6:54PM

A WOMAN'S body found on a creek bank in Brisbane's west has been identified as that of missing mum Allison Baden-Clay.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...lison-baden-clay/story-e6freoof-1226343926997

Gerard Baden-Clay charged with murder

June 13, 2012

Police have charged the husband of slain Brisbane mother Allison Baden-Clay with murder.

Shortly before 6.30pm, Gerard Baden-Clay was driven from Indooroopilly station in an unmarked police car. He was formally charged with murder at the Brisbane watchhouse tonight

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...with-murder-20120613-209z7.html#ixzz33ZIYVvXt

Gerard Baden-Clay to stand trial for murder

March 20, 2013

Before a packed court room on Wednesday morning, Chief Magistrate Brendan Butler ordered Mr Baden-Clay face trial in the Supreme Court

‘‘I'm of the opinion the evidence is sufficient to put the defendant on trial on the offences charged,’’ Mr Butler said.

‘‘It will be for the jury to assess the evidence ...

As Mr Butler formally committed Mr Baden-Clay to stand trial, he asked the 42-year-old real estate agent to stand.

‘‘You are charged that on or about the 19th day of April 2012 at Brisbane in the state of Queensland you murdered Allison June Baden-Clay,’’ Mr Butler said.

‘‘You are further charged that on or about the 19th of April 2012 at Brisbane in the state of Queensland you improperly interfered with a dead human body,’’ Mr Butler said.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-for-murder-20130320-2geno.html#ixzz33Z2Bd99v

Trial Day 1 - Trial Days 2 & 3 - Trial Day 4 - Trial Day 5 - Trial Day 6 - Trial Day 7

Reminders:

Derogatory name calling/name changes are not allowed on WS.

No disparaging comments about the accused, the defense team or witnesses

If you have a problem with a post (do not respond) please use the Alert Button (triangle icon) located top right corner of every post. (This translates to....if another member is being a drongo, use the dobber button rather than ear bashing about it on the thread)

Treat opposing views respectfully.

If you have any questions, please PM (private message) a moderator.

Make sure you read & abide by our rules & post responsibly

Rules Etiquette & Information

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

A BIG thankyou to Websleuths for allowing this to happen...

As we look for justice for Allison...

Please continue here....

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 31m
State MP Dr Bruce Flegg has just walked into the Supreme Court @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay

Buckle up!

I'm available to re-tweet this morning, before I go to work. Unless someone else wants too!

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 25s

We're about to make a start for day nine of the Baden-Clay trial. @couriermail

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 55s

#badenclay trial day nine about to start, updates via @couriermail

Jamie McKinnell ‏@jamie86 7m

Day nine of #badenclay trial expected to hear evidence from state MP Dr Bruce Flegg @NewsTalk4BC

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 19s

Dr Bruce Flegg has been called to the stand. #badenclay

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 1m

Day 9 of #badenclay murder trial now underway in Supreme Court. First witness today state mp Bruce Flegg. @abcnews

off topic..
just advertised, "who killed alexis jeffrey?" channel nine current affair tonight (sydney)

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 13s

Dr Flegg tells the court he is a parliamentary backbencher and a medical doctor. #badenclay

Dr Flegg says he has known Gerard for a number of years. "Our relationship has been a very friendly relationship." #badenclay

Dr Flegg, a Brookfield resident, says he was in bed talking to Sue Heath on phone on April 19 when he heard a "female scream". #badenclay

Dr Flegg says it was a single, reverse crescendo volume, tapering off. "What I would describe as having an involuntary quality." #badenclay

Dr Flegg describes it as a sound of someone whose level of consciousness is being altered. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 29s

Dr Flegg says his home is quite elevated. The sound came from general direction of Brookfield showgrounds. "It's a very, very quiet area."

Dr Flegg says his bedroom faces towards the showgrounds. "It was distressing and I'm not one to be distressed by things I hear." #badenclay

Dr Flegg says he asked the person on the phone "what was that?". He says he went outside and looked around. #badenclay

Dr Flegg says he came back inside and heard a second scream. "The tone and nature were exactly the same." #badenclay

Dr Flegg says the screams occurred at 10.53pm. He knows because he checked the time on his mobile phone. #badenclay

Dr Flegg says "I don't have any doubt about what I heard" but can't be sure how far away it was. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 4m

Dr Flegg says it was a single, reverse crescendo volume, tapering off. "What I would describe as having an involuntary quality." #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 4m

Dr Flegg describes it as a sound of someone whose level of consciousness is being altered. #badenclay

10:14am: On the night of April 19, 2012, Dr Flegg was in bed talking to his friend Sue Heath on the phone.

He heard a "distressing" scream during the conversation.

"I heard what I would describe as a female scream. I'm quite certain it was female voice ... " he told the court.

"It was a single reverse crescendo in volume, tapering off and what I would describe as having an involuntary quality ...

"It was strongly suggestive of a reduced level of consciousness.

"It was distressing and I'm not one to be distressed by what I hear."

He said he heard a second scream a short time later.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-9-week-3-20140624-3apn6.html#ixzz35VlBqtK3

10:17am: The tone and nature of the two screams were exactly the same, Dr Flegg said.

He said he believed the scream came from the general direction of the Brookfield Showground northeast of his home.

Dr Flegg said he heard the scream about 10.58pm, according to the time of his mobile phone.

"But the time on my phone is consistently six minutes fast, so it would have been 10.52pm that the call was initiated and it would have been only a minute into the call," he said.

"I don't have any doubt about what I heard, but I have doubt about how far away it would have been."

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-9-week-3-20140624-3apn6.html#ixzz35VlIi2no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong