1102 users online (232 members and 870 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

NY - Cassidy Geffert, 16, Greece, 23 June 2014

Cassidy N. Geffert

Amber Alert Issued for Missing Teen Girl from Greece-

An Amber Alert has been issued for a girl police said has been abducted. According to police in Greece, Cassidy Geffert is 16. She is white, 5-foot-6 and weighs about 145 pounds. She was last seen wearing pajama shorts. Police believe the abduction happened around 10 a.m. Monday, and that Geffert is missing from a location on Talnuck Drive in Greece. Police said her cell phone was left behind, and a note was left behind indicating she was in danger, and that the note had blood on it.
    - See more at: http://buffalo.twcnews.com/content/n....YzYFKRcv.dpuf

Last edited by los2188; 06-23-2014 at 02:43 PM.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Did someone break in and abduct her? It seems weird that a note with blood was left behind. And why did the abductor take the family's car? It would be much easier to track down than taking his own car.

Waiting for LE to release a picture of this young lady... This is awful.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...fert/11270171/

If she was abducted, my guess is that it was by someone she knows...LE must have some info to know they are headed to Ohio.

Good news from the scanner...

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 04-27-2015 at 05:51 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

a note?? it sounds like a staged scene nevertheless hopefully this young woman is recovered safely.
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_D0HC8RFXZVo/Sm4sWrmXXiI/AAAAAAAAAOs/fe1Urm9FPpQ/s400/mbfashion.gif

Quote Originally Posted by modesty blaise View Post
    a note?? it sounds like a staged scene nevertheless hopefully this young woman is recovered safely.
    Sadly that was my fist thought as well. Then I remembered the story from last year where the 16yo ( I think) was taken by a family friend who had killed her mom and brother and then was on the run for a couple of days.

Hopefully she will be brought home safely.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The opinion prevailed among advanced minds that it was time that belief should be replaced increasingly by knowledge; belief that did not itself rest on knowledge was superstition, and as such had to be opposed." - Albert Einstein

Amber Alert update: Teen located

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...fert/11270171/

Greece Police said the teen who was at the center of an Amber Alert Monday afternoon has been found. More details to come.
    This is where Sky belongs!! Proud member of the Sky Crew & proud supporter of Solomon's quest to find his precious son! "I will always be his father. On this earth I don't see him, but in heaven we'll be together," Metalwala said.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-6-Nov-2011-19

"Greece police Monday afternoon confirmed that they located the 16-year-old girl missing earlier in the day from her north Greece home. Police indicated that she was safe.

Greece police Sgt. Jared Rene said the incident was not an abduction, but that the teen is unharmed. Further details were not released."

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/news/
    "The opinion prevailed among advanced minds that it was time that belief should be replaced increasingly by knowledge; belief that did not itself rest on knowledge was superstition, and as such had to be opposed." - Albert Einstein

As per the link you provided, it was updated and she is unharmed, found safe, and this was not an abduction.

So glad this girl was found!

http://www.*************.com/n3/7567...-goes-missing/

Police said there was one “associated adult” in the case, but no name was released.

This was the first time I've received an Amber Alert on my cell phone. It was announced by a shrieking sound. It scared me!

http://www.13wham.com/news/features/...ed-13216.shtml

Greece police said the missing Greece teen for whom an Amber Alert was issued June 23 was charged with grand larceny after she was found unharmed in Brockport.

Investigators said the teen is 16-year-old Cassidy Geffert. No details were immediately available regarding the cause of her grand larceny charge.

A short press release said Geffert was not abducted. Police are investigating her disappearance. She was alone when she was found.

Cool called it all along

right from the intital amber alert I received along with all of my co workers, and then looking into the situation, something smelled fishy. From the look of her house, her note being left for her parents with her cel phone number (as if they don't know her number), next to her cel phone (left at the scene), blood on the note, gun and family car missing, it all sounded like this was terribly staged. That being said, I still forwarded every article I could find to my FB as I live in the same county as she does, and prayed as though she was kidnapped. But inside, it didn't seem like an actual abduction

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast