FL - Sylvia Schmitt, 74, found slain in grandson's car, Lutz, 23 June 2014

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://tbo.com/pasco-county/body-of-missing-pasco-woman-found-20140623/

A 74-year-old woman was slain in her home early Monday morning and her 18-year-old grandson who lived with her faces a murder charge, the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office reported.

The grandson, Brandon Machetto, drove around for several hours with his grandmother’s body in the back of a Honda Odyssey mini-van before a deputy pulled him over about 10:15 a.m., Sheriff Chris Nocco said at an afternoon press conference. The sheriff declined to reveal the cause of death for Sylvia Rosalie Schmitt of 21036 Little Magens Loop in the Paradise Lakes nudist community...

Nocco said investigators were able to move quickly on the case because of a neighbor who happened to see Machetto outside and acting suspiciously about 5:30 a.m. The neighbor kept watching and saw Machetto put a body in his grandmother’s van and drive off. The body was wrapped up, but a foot was sticking out.

Thank god for "neighbourhood watch". Saved a lot of time and money investigating and got him straight away.

There have been several recent stories about male teens killing their elderly grandmother. My question, did the rest of the family know this teen was dangerous. An elderly lady is no match for a teen boy. Jtol.

ciao

Not good with links, but Google his name. It appears that he may have been troubled for quite some time, and had previously suffered a life altering assault (not giving him a free pass, though). He should not have been handed over to grandma, IMO, but I'm not blaming anyone.

Going back and reading the link above at the bottom it states BM's mother thought sending him to live with grandmom was safe for him. Really! He had brain damage, how about what was safe for this lovely lady.. Knowing there's a big problem like this how could a 74 yr old handle him? Careless putting him on grandmom. Jmo.
eta
The link below says they fought often. And in 2012 there was a domestic violence call at the house.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...=b0fbupZOxwRRnz8pkJxQkw&bvm=bv.69620078,d.cGU

ciao

I think there were multiple red flags.

My condolences to the remaining family. Hindsight is 50/50. Too bad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back