Joan Lunden Diagnosed With Breast Cancer

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Joan Lunden Diagnosed With Breast Cancer

Zach Johnson, eonline
Seconds ago

Stay strong!

Joan Lunden revealed on ABC's Good Morning America Tuesday that she has been diagnosed with breast cancer. The TV journalist, 63, hosted the morning news program from 1980 to 1997. Lunden chatted about her medical news with current GMA host Robin Roberts, who is a breast cancer survivor.

"I have covered many stories about breast cancer over the years but I never actually thought this would happen to me," Lunden said via her social media sites. "I have shaped my career around health and wellness advocacy so it seemed natural to share my story. I've started chemotherapy and while I don't know how I'll look and feel down the road, I am assuming the best because that is how I live my life."

Her treatment will also include a lumpectomy and radiation. She is expected to make a full recovery...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-eonline/20140624/b553784/?cid=hero_media

Joan Lunden, former 'GMA' host, has cancer

By Lisa Respers France, CNN

updated 10:19 AM EDT, Tue June 24, 2014

(CNN) -- Former "Good Morning America" co-host Joan Lunden revealed on Tuesday that she has been diagnosed with breast cancer.

Posting to fans via Twitter and a letter on her website JoanLunden.com, Lunden said she had received an all-clear two weeks ago after her annual mammogram, but "for women who have dense fibrous breast tissue, as I do, often our doctors will recommend an ultrasound as well."

"My ultrasound that day revealed a tumor in my right breast," she wrote. "After a core biopsy was performed, I heard those words that every woman fears and that I never thought I'd hear: 'you have breast cancer.' " ...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/24/showb...p/joan-lunden-cancer-gma/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Hope she has a speedy and pain free recovery.

Joan Lunden, former 'GMA' host, has cancer

By Lisa Respers France, CNN

updated 10:19 AM EDT, Tue June 24, 2014

(CNN) -- Former "Good Morning America" co-host Joan Lunden revealed on Tuesday that she has been diagnosed with breast cancer.

Posting to fans via Twitter and a letter on her website JoanLunden.com, Lunden said she had received an all-clear two weeks ago after her annual mammogram, but "for women who have dense fibrous breast tissue, as I do, often our doctors will recommend an ultrasound as well."

"My ultrasound that day revealed a tumor in my right breast," she wrote. "After a core biopsy was performed, I heard those words that every woman fears and that I never thought I'd hear: 'you have breast cancer.' " ...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/24/showb...p/joan-lunden-cancer-gma/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

As a breast cancer survivor myself I would like to stress something that Joan brought up. I went in for my mammogram. I was told R breast was fine, but they saw something on my L. Ultrasound on L looked fine. Technician said that while I was there she would just check my other breast. She found something suspicious. It was a very aggressive type of cancer. Since then I tell my doctor I want an ultrasound. Most of the time they say I don't need it. I insist and they don't always like it. I told the radiologist my story and he said, "We aren't allowed to ultrasound a breast unless it is in the orders." No mention of, "So glad the tech went the extra mile, yada, yada". This is something I will continue to fight for and Joan is absolutely right. If you have dense breasts ultrasound and MRIs are the only way to go. Good luck, Joan!! You can do it!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back