Boy, 4, dies after riding Epcot attraction

sharon25

Reaction score
(I'm not really sure where to put this at- it's not really a crime- but I wanted to talk about it.)

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Florida (AP) -- A 4-year-old boy died after passing out aboard Walt Disney World's "Mission: Space," a ride so intense that it has motion sickness bags and several riders have been treated for chest pain.

Daudi Bamuwamye passed out Monday afternoon on the attraction, which simulates a rocket launch and trip to Mars. The Orange County Sheriff's Office said his mother carried him off the ride and employees helped her place him on a bench.

Paramedics tried to revive him, but he died at Celebration Hospital.

The sheriff's office said the boy did meet the minimum 44-inch height requirement for the ride at the Epcot theme park, which uses centrifugal force to simulate twice the normal force of gravity.
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/06/14/disney.death.ap/index.html
-------------------

I have a hard time imagining a ride that simulates
twice the force of gravity- for children.

Well I guess that answers the question "WHO would put a kid that age on that ride"??????????? :doh: :doh: :doh:

Jeana (DP) said:
Well I guess that answers the question "WHO would put a kid that age on that ride"??????????? :doh: :doh: :doh:

I feel badly for her though-
the child met the height restrictions and everything.

:(

I'm not really into letting my daughter on fast and
thrilling amusement park rides.
Just the little kiddie rides.

Jeana (DP) said:

I also just thought of the time I saw a baby-
a BABY on the bumper cars.

I don't think that baby was even a year old yet!!!!!!!!

A doctor friend of mine said so many neck and spine injuries are created by those rides that most of them should be outlawed. I certainly wouldn't allow my children to go on that ride.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back