Identified! CA - Vacaville, Wht/NtvFem 63UFCA, 25-35, prominent nose, pointed chin, Apr'91 - Cynthia Bilardi

Migmuu

Reaction score
I can't find this woman on the forums or on NamUs.

63UFCA
63UFCA.jpg
63UFCA2.jpg
63UFCA1.jpg

Located on Apr. 26, 1991 in Vacaville, CA
Cause of death ''undetermined'', but likely suffocated/strangled
Postmortem interval: 2 - 4 weeks

Estimated age: 25 - 35 years old
Approximate height and weight: 5'5, unknown weight
Distinguishing characteristics: White with Native American admixture. Long, wavy brown/blonde hair. Prominent nose and pointed chin. Sustained skull fractures several months prior to her death. Unshaven legs. Has possibly given birth.
Dentals: Available. Missing 5 teeth: 2 antemortem (#1 and #6), 3 postmortem. Tooth #8 is chipped and she has several fillings.
Clothing: Warren Z long-sleeved, dark, tunic-style dress. Long-sleeved, light-colored sweater with brown buttons over the dress. Blue tank top and a camisole were both worn under the dress. Wool cap.
Jewelry: Timex watch with silver face and black wristband. Silver-colored adjustable ring with green stone in center, worn on her left pinky finger.

In April of 1991 this female was found in a field during the construction of the Factory Outlet stores in Vacaville, California. Her cause of death remains "undetermined" but her case has always been handled as a homicide.
Although fingerprints, dental records and DNA has been collected, she remains unidentified.

Circumstances
In April of 1991, this female was found in a field during the construction of the Factory Outlet stores in Vacaville, California. The woman was found on her back, wearing a black dress pushed up around her waist with no undergarments. She also wore a blue tank top, a wool sweater and matching wool cap. The woman was covered by a denim jacket.

Her cause of death remains "undetermined", but her case has always been handled as a homicide.

Police exhumed the body in December 1998 and enlisted Sunnyvale police Detective Kevin Richlin, an expert in rebuilding facial features from the skulls of the dead, to create a model police hope someone will recognize. Police unsuccessfully tried matching the woman's fingerprints and dental records to missing persons reports with the state Department of Justice.
Although fingerprints, dental records and DNA has been collected, she remains unidentified.

I'm thinking this could be Kelly Sims, missing from Kelso, WA since October 1, 1990.

Kelly Sims
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/sims_kelly.html

1. Age (27) fits into UP's age range
  2. Race (Native) fits in with UP's race
  3. Height (5'4) is only one inch off
  4. Hair color matches
  5. She has three children. UP showed evidence of having given birth before

She also kiiiinda looks like the sketch, but not much (imo).
sims_kelly.jpg
63UFCA1.jpg

A few problems, though:
The distance is 630 miles.
The timing is also iffy. For this to work, she would have had to have been alive for 5 - 6 months after she disappeared. That'd give her more than enough time to travel 630 miles and would make the clothing description negligible, but it doesn't seem to fit in with the circumstances of her disappearance.

So I'm not sure I should call it in yet. I'm going to try to find some more info about both the UP and Kelly Sims.

ETA: Wow, I forgot to complete the thread title. Sorry about that

Another one:

Cheryl Kenney
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kenney_cheryl.html
kenney_cheryl.jpg
63UFCA1.jpg

Age (30) is right in the middle of the age range
Race (Caucasian) lines up
Height is 1 - 2 inches off
Hair color (light brown) matches. Her hair is also blonde at the tips
She has given birth before
She was last seen wearing a blue denim jacket
She looks like the sketch
UP is expected to have died 2 - 4 weeks before her discovery (so, late March at the earliest). Cheryl Kenney disappeared on Feb. 27 - only about one month prior to the postmortem interval's beginning

The distance is pretty massive, though: 1,846 miles. And it sounds unlikely that she ran off voluntarily.
Then again, the area Kenney worked in had a lot of hotels and people passing through, so it's possible that she was abducted and the killer drove with her (and her body, at one point) in tow. A stretch, but possible.

Her style of dress reminds me of a friend of mine who traveled around northern California when she was younger. My friend told me stories about how she lived in her car with her boyfriend and about how she had odd jobs to make money. She mentioned that she lived with others who shared the same lifestyle. Kind of like a gypsy - band that traveled around. I wonder if this woman was part of that lifestyle and got caught up in foul play :(

I think Kelly Sims looks like a good possibility. The timing and distance are a bit off, but to too far off. It says the UID had skull fractures several months prior to death. Maybe the skull fractures happened around the time she went missing and she was held somewhere prior to being murdered.

Clarification about the denim jacket on the UID. It looks like she was wearing a dress and a sweater. The denim jacket was used to cover her. I wonder if it was a man's denim jacket or was the jacket in her size?

Another one:

Cheryl Kenney
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kenney_cheryl.html
kenney_cheryl.jpg
63UFCA1.jpg

Age (30) is right in the middle of the age range
Race (Caucasian) lines up
Height is 1 - 2 inches off
Hair color (light brown) matches. Her hair is also blonde at the tips
She has given birth before
She was last seen wearing a blue denim jacket
She looks like the sketch
UP is expected to have died 2 - 4 weeks before her discovery (so, late March at the earliest). Cheryl Kenney disappeared on Feb. 27 - only about one month prior to the postmortem interval's beginning

The distance is pretty massive, though: 1,846 miles. And it sounds unlikely that she ran off voluntarily.
Then again, the area Kenney worked in had a lot of hotels and people passing through, so it's possible that she was abducted and the killer drove with her (and her body, at one point) in tow. A stretch, but possible.

Did you ever submit Cheryl or Kelly? No rule outs on JD's namus page so I am thinking no but let me know. I think they both look promising.

No, I don't think I submitted either one. I can't remember, but I'm guessing I didn't since I tend to post right after making the call.

I've submitted Cheryl Kenney - her face shape seems the closest to Jane Doe to me

I came across this woman
MMcCollom[1].jpgJane_Doe_Facial_Reconstruction__Front_[1].jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1128dfca.html

Melinda Marie McCollom
Missing since February 12, 1989 from Seal Beach, Orange County, California.
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: June 25, 1963
Age at Time of Disappearance: 25 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"; 110 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: 2 inch scar on left wrist.
AKA: Mindi Marie McCollom
Dentals: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
McCollom was last seen on February 12, 1989 in Seal Beach, California. Information was received that she had died of a drug overdose, but she has never been located.

I came across this woman
View attachment 118003View attachment 118004

Melinda Marie McCollom

Vital Statistics

McCollom was last seen on February 12, 1989 in Seal Beach, California. Information was received that she had died of a drug overdose, but she has never been located.

This could be a possibility, I think you should submit it.

By the way, Tina Layton and Kelly Sims both have DNA entered into Namus so in hindsight they would both be rule outs already.

I came across this woman
View attachment 118003View attachment 118004

Melinda Marie McCollom

Vital Statistics

madamx did you ever submit this match?

Attachments

• img_2079.jpg
    img_2079.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 29
  • Jane_Doe_Facial_Reconstruction__Front_.jpg
    Jane_Doe_Facial_Reconstruction__Front_.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 29
  • img_35776.jpg
    img_35776.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 29
A couple of possibilities...

attachment.php
attachment.php

Patricia Schneider
25 years old, 5'4", long blonde hair, pointed chin, seems like prominent nose
Missing from Pedley, CA (447 miles away) since 7/31/82
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/1612/

attachment.php
attachment.php

Cynthia Coleman
23 years old, 5' tall, long blonde hair, Native American (lived on Indian reservation)
Missing from San Diego (521 miles away) since 9/3/86
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/20211/

Both of these women would have been an automatic rule out based on DNA - both have DNA tests completed in Namus as does the Jane Doe

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back