The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 26th June - Trial Day 11, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

marlywings

Former Member
Reaction score
Missing person, Brookfield

April 20, 2012 at 6:01 pm

Police are seeking public assistance to help locate missing 43-year-old woman, Allison Baden-Clay.

Missing-person-Baden-Clay-241x300.jpg

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2012/04/20/missing-person-brookfield/

Body found as search for missing woman Allison Baden-Clay enters 11th day

April 30, 2012 8:06PM

Police strongly suspect the body found this morning is missing Brookfield woman Allison Baden-Clay and are treating the case as a homicide investigation.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-enters-11th-day/story-e6freoof-1226342625074

Confirmed: Body found in creek identified as Allison Baden-Clay

May 01, 2012 6:54PM

A WOMAN'S body found on a creek bank in Brisbane's west has been identified as that of missing mum Allison Baden-Clay.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...lison-baden-clay/story-e6freoof-1226343926997

Gerard Baden-Clay charged with murder

June 13, 2012

Police have charged the husband of slain Brisbane mother Allison Baden-Clay with murder.

Shortly before 6.30pm, Gerard Baden-Clay was driven from Indooroopilly station in an unmarked police car. He was formally charged with murder at the Brisbane watchhouse tonight

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...with-murder-20120613-209z7.html#ixzz33ZIYVvXt

Gerard Baden-Clay to stand trial for murder

March 20, 2013

Before a packed court room on Wednesday morning, Chief Magistrate Brendan Butler ordered Mr Baden-Clay face trial in the Supreme Court

‘‘I'm of the opinion the evidence is sufficient to put the defendant on trial on the offences charged,’’ Mr Butler said.

‘‘It will be for the jury to assess the evidence ...

As Mr Butler formally committed Mr Baden-Clay to stand trial, he asked the 42-year-old real estate agent to stand.

‘‘You are charged that on or about the 19th day of April 2012 at Brisbane in the state of Queensland you murdered Allison June Baden-Clay,’’ Mr Butler said.

‘‘You are further charged that on or about the 19th of April 2012 at Brisbane in the state of Queensland you improperly interfered with a dead human body,’’ Mr Butler said.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-for-murder-20130320-2geno.html#ixzz33Z2Bd99v

Trial Day 1 - Trial Days 2 & 3 - Trial Day 4 - Trial Day 5 - Trial Day 6 - Trial Day 7 - Trial Day 8 -
Trial Day 9
- Trial Day 10

Reminders:

Derogatory name calling/name changes are not allowed on WS.

No disparaging comments about the accused, the defense team or witnesses

If you have a problem with a post (do not respond) please use the Alert Button (triangle icon) located top right corner of every post. (This translates to....if another member is being a drongo, use the dobber button rather than ear bashing about it on the thread)

Treat opposing views respectfully.

If you have any questions, please PM (private message) a moderator.

Make sure you read & abide by our rules & post responsibly

Rules Etiquette & Information

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

A BIG thankyou to Websleuths for allowing this to happen...

As we look for justice for Allison...

Please continue here....

IT is Day 11 of the trial of former Brookfield real estate agent Gerard Baden-Clay, 43, who stands accused of murdering his wife Allison Baden-Clay, 43, on April 19, 2012.

Today, Baden-Clay will reveal today if he intends to call or give evidence in his defence.

Prosecutor Todd Fuller QC on Wednesday wound up the Crown case following 10 days of evidence, including testimony from 71 witnesses and more than 170 exhibits.

Mr Fuller tendered a number of admissions to the court including a copy of the Baden-Clays’ assets and liabilities that totalled $74,663.

The jury saw a number of admissions made by the defendant such as the timing of phone calls, changes to Ms Baden-Clay’s life insurance policy and interviews by police.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allison-in-2012/story-fnihsrf2-1226966924597

Sky News Australia ‏@SkyNewsAust 1h

Accused wife killer Gerard Baden-Clay will be called to take the stand or call witnesses on his behalf today #badenclay (@liztilley84)

IT is Day 11 of the trial of former Brookfield real estate agent Gerard Baden-Clay, 43, who stands accused of murdering his wife Allison Baden-Clay, 43, on April 19, 2012.

Today, Baden-Clay will reveal today if he intends to call or give evidence in his defence.

Prosecutor Todd Fuller QC on Wednesday wound up the Crown case following 10 days of evidence, including testimony from 71 witnesses and more than 170 exhibits.

Mr Fuller tendered a number of admissions to the court including a copy of the Baden-Clays’ assets and liabilities that totalled $74,663.

The jury saw a number of admissions made by the defendant such as the timing of phone calls, changes to Ms Baden-Clay’s life insurance policy and interviews by police.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allison-in-2012/story-fnihsrf2-1226966924597

Is the $74,663 an asset or a liability?

Is the $74,663 an asset or a liability?

I think it is the net assets , but they put a huge value on the rent roll which has now gone for bugger all so his position would be substantially less a huge excess of liabilities over assets

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 56s

It's a late start on the Baden-Clay trial today. Not likely to start until 11am. @couriermail

I'm available to do tweets today. Can anyone help??

I'm happy to do Kate's as yesterday.

If GBC doesn’t take the stand, he will appear guilty.

If GBC does take the stand, he will remove all doubt.

Rock and a hard place?

I really hope Toni doesn't end up with GBC. She'd always be looking over her shoulder. If he gets bored, she could be in danger too. Toni, don't believe for a second that it can't happen to you because you're different to ABC. If someone will cheat with you, they'll cheat ON you, no exceptions. None of it is real, you were only a distraction from the monotony of the every day. You made a big mistake here, don't settle for second best by not putting yourself in that situation again, you deserve better.

As far as the Phone charger is concerned I hope that if in fact GBC decides to take the stand ( I have doubts though!) that he is asked the where abouts of Allison when he recharged the phone - it would of been impossible to not notice if she was in bed or still watching the television?

I am really disappointed with Prosecution and it is my opinion that they have breezed over some major issues. I am also troubled that the partners were never called or the forensic accountant. There were a lot of questions that should of been put to TM as well.

Sadly, I think he is going to get away with this and the repercussions of it for his children and Allison's family are going to be very tragic.

How can they possibly maintain a healthy relationship with their grandchildren whilst ever they still have to communicate with their father.

I hope my doubts are wrong and Justice is served.

PS. Like so many others I am still feeling left in the dark about so many initial enquiries from Police and also GBC's behaviour ie: the Round about , GBCs accident 2 days later, the chemist, the hospital admittance, the cars sighted near the bridge..... so many unanswered questions as to why they seemed relevant at the time and also the suspicious behaviour.

From last thread :)

Dear Possum
Just think it has taken us two plus years to digest every bit of info around this case. If the Prosecution were to present everything that we think is relevant the trial would go to Xmas and the jury would deliberate for a year. In representing the Crown, the Prosecution has to be meticulous and fair, to justice and the law overall. I think they have presented a good case, with sufficient evidence to convict him. I am not a legal person, so all IMOO

I do agree with this, but the note seemed to be significant because GBC told the officers that one of the girls had written it that morning. Then, in the girls' interviews, they were all asked if they had written a note that morning and all denied it. Maybe there wasn't anything significant in the note and maybe it is enough that the jury will (hopefully) pick up that this is another GBC lie, without it being pointed out to them. Why would he lie about that though....who knows.

I think it is the net assets , but they put a huge value on the rent roll which has now gone for bugger all so his position would be substantially less a huge excess of liabilities over assets

Didn't we hear from court the other day that his assets were Flight Centre shares and the investment property co-owned with Allison (which he sold last year)?

This included the value of the house on the Gold Coast which since has been sold, and which no doubt will be used to pay for the previous legal advice before he was left with no assets and on which basis he received Legal Aid.
It also doesn't include the 'loans' from his three friends totalling $270.000 together with unpaid interest, and I don't think it included the rent roll debt, as all these were non legally binding gentlemen's (ahum!) agreements. So all in all he was well over $500.000 in debt. Not to mention what he owes NGB.

Another C word - Creditors (lots of them)

I'm available to do tweets today. Can anyone help??

I'm happy to do Kate's as yesterday.

Hi drsleuth, :)

I will do David Murray's and Francene Norton. :)

It's going to be an amazing day imo!

Good morning and G'day websleuthers!

I really hope Toni doesn't end up with GBC. She'd always be looking over her shoulder. If he gets bored, she could be in danger too. Toni, don't believe for a second that it can't happen to you because you're different to ABC. If someone will cheat with you, they'll cheat ON you, no exceptions. None of it is real, you were only a distraction from the monotony of the every day. You made a big mistake here, don't settle for second best by not putting yourself in that situation again, you deserve better.

Yip! The story of the Leopard!

One other thing - If he doesn't take the stand GBC's research in to taking the fifth and self incrimination just may have helped him after all...... ARGHHHH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth